Chapter 2: Remember Me

[HIATUS] A Complicated Kind of Love.

Sooyoung plopped down onto her small bed. She grabbed a pillow and held it tight in her arms as she stared above at the white ceiling. My life is like this blank ceiling....

"Soooyyyyooouunnggg! Sooooyoouuunnnggg~" her younger sister Yuri entered into the room prancing around excitedly. Yuri hopped onto Sooyoung's bed and started to jump up and down from happiness of seeing her older sister again.

Sooyoung sat up and tried her best to smile sweetly at Yuri in order to prevent the girl from worrying.

Yuri made her final jump on the mattress before she crouched down to look at her sister. Yuri's smile suddenly disappeared. "Unnie, have you been crying?"

I'm caught.... Sooyoung looked down quickly to hide her shameful face, but Yuri cupped her sister's head in her hands just in time and brought it back. She turned her head left and right, closely examining each of her sister's eyes.

"Yah! Unnie look right there, your eyes are puffy just like your cheeks. You did cry!" She pointed at her face in amazement. She never quite witnessed Sooyoung in such a fragile state. "I can still see those water marks against your tan skin and you're still trying to act tough?"

Sooyoung pouted as she gave in to her sister's accusations.

 

~

The next day, Yuri forcefully brought her sister out of the house to get some fresh air; as Sooyoung started to become more and more lifeless. They walked down the neighbourhood on a gloomy rainy day sharing the same umbrella. 

"Yah! You know what? You should meet with someone I know. Hmmm? What do you think? Sooyoung, at least just once....meet with him once!" Yuri was determined to set her sister up with someone decent...someone who wouldn't make her cry.

"There's no need Yuri, forget it." Sooyoung replied in a monotone voice.

"Aisshhh. Why are you so stubborn? I'm telling you one meeting and BAMMM you'll instantly fall for him. You know how many girls line up for this kind of opportunity? MONTHS! Girls wait months to meet with him!"

"Ok, I get it. Months right? Then I'll meet him in a few months then..."

"Aigoooooo!" Yuri frustratingly let out. She rubbed her head furiously as she wasn't able to get through to Sooyoung.

 

"Unnie, don't tell me you're still hung up over that Sungmin, sunshine whatever his name guy.." she got angry at just the thought of it.

Sooyoung didn't say a word, but tried to avoid Yuri's constant glances to her face.

Yuri pulled Sooyoung back. "YAH! Look at that. You are! You are! Ahhh, my stupid sister. Aigooo where is all your pride? Don't you have any?"

Sooyoung faced her little sister. "Yeah, that's right! I don't have any. I don't have any pride! Are you happy now?" With that, Sooyoung stormed off into the streets leaving Yuri standing alone in the rain.

 

I hate boys now more than ever! If they're younger, even worse! Boys are like expired food....disgusting and has no use. They start off all fresh and ripe, but you turn your back for just a while and BAM they get all bad, trying to poison me...

 

Just then, loud whistles shrieked along the heavy air. People starting rushing again....hundreds of boys out of nowhere began to run. It was the same as that other time, Soyoung recalled.

This time she didn't panic. Instead, she observed every running body, all the madness, the hectic environment. In a strange way, she found it soothing as it currently matched her mood.

An arm abruptly wrapped around her shoulder ever so tightly and firm, while another took hold of the umbrella, assisting her to hold the device upright. Sooyoung stared at the arm which calmly fell over her shoulder in confusion. Slowly, she turned her head and raised it to see such a small face....so innocent.

She stared at him as music started to play inside her head. Lighty, the melody of the strings of a guitar with the slight touch of the peaceful piano filled her mind.

Their eyes met.

Big dark brown puppy dog eyes stared straight into Sooyoung's causing her to forget her hatred of such species. Without her knowing, a gentle small smile formed across .

"Oh! I know you. We met before right?" The mysterious boy asked.

"Uhhmm what?"

"You know me right?? We met before." He was certain that he had seen her before...somewhere.

"...Uhh no. Today should be the first time....and uhmm your...your...hand---" Sooyoung replied shyly.

He didn't hear one peep that she said as he cut her off. "I KNOW! You attend my school right? DongWon High?"

"no...."

"LeeSan High!"

"no....."

"Really? I swear I seen you before. I know you....."

"I don't think that's possible...you probably have me mistakened for someone else. I just moved back to Seoul from Australia...."

The boy leaned in a little bit closer. "What? Australia?! For real?"

 

~

Changmin and Eunhyuk ran to a nearby shelter. "Those punks from DongWon High....why do they always fight?" Eunhyuk asked as he wiped the water from the rain off his clothes. "Ohhh look it's Yuri!" Eunhyuk happily waved as the girl walked towards them.

"What the hell? Why are you walking in this weather alone? Is that something you like to do...walking around when it's raining cats and dogs?" Changmin teased at his female peer.

"Hey, have you guys seen him? That hot guy?" Yuri asked as she frantically looked left and right.

"Pshhh what the-- hot guy? Yah! Yuri, these are all just those punks from DongWon." Eunhyuk replied. Changmin just stared at the girl dumbfounded. Sometimes they would forget that she was a female, as they always jsut acted casually with her. To them, she was just 'one of the guys'.

"You see? DongWon punk. Dongwon punk. DongWon punk." Eunhyuk said again and again as he pointed to the running boys.

 

".........and CHOI MINHO?!?!"

All three of them fixed their eyes on the infamous boy that stood a few steps away from them.

 

~

"I actually know someone in Australia...."

"Oh really? Maybe I'd know them. I lived there for a long time." Sooyoung curiously replied.

"Ehhhhh~ you're lying!" Sooyoung's words made the felow extremely happy as his smile widened at her words.

He became suddenly serious. He brought his face closer. "Well then, do you know Choi---"

"CHOI SOOYOUNG!!!!!!!" Yuri screamed as she rapidly made her way to her elder sister.

Both their heads turned to the screaming voice.

"What the hell are you doing with this jerk?" Yuri asked, annoyed.

 

Changmin slowly followed Yuri as he stepped out of the shelter and into the rain. Eunhyuk stumbled as he chased his friends while trying to open his umbrella.

"Choi Minho, why are you still here? You're little friends ran off already." Changmin sternly said.

He took his arm off Sooyoung. All eyes were on him, but he just blankly stared at the girl who he shared the umbrella with.

"Choi Sooyoung?? You're name is Choi Sooyoung?" Minho asked as his eyes widened.

"Uhhh...yeah....Choi Sooyoung, that's me...."

Minho's mouth slightly opened in utter disbelief. They all stood there in complete silence for what seemed to be a lifetime, but in reality was just a measly few seconds.

"Noona! It's me! It's me! Don't you remember? It's Minho." The boy exclaimed loudly as he patted himself on the chest.

Sooyoung just stared at the guy who stood before her. She squinted her eyes trying to recall anything....but nothing popped up. She had absolutely no idea what he was claiming.

"You don't remember do you? You really don't remember anything?" Minho's voice became quiet as his once sparkly eyes turned sad, and all the while Sooyoung shook her head. "You don't remember me?"

"Woooow! Minho you sure are something else. That was probably the best acting performance I had ever seen in my life!" Yuri interuppted the scene as she teasingly clapped.

"You sure have some guts to be hitting on my sister right now you know that?"

"Your...your...your sister?!" Minho replied back still in confusion. He stole glances at the two girls...Sisters?!

Just then, Changmin stepped forward and entered into the umbrella that Minho and Sooyoung shared. He casually and confidently wrapped his arm around Sooyoung.

"Tsk tsk. Minho, you're a little too late there buddy. You see, Choi Sooyoung is going to be my girl." He grabbed the umnbrella away from Minho's grip and brought it closer to him and Sooyoung.

 

  

 

 

The two guys stared at each other with such intensity that was expected from school rivals....

 

-