Your Attention and Intentions

Unnoticed Beauty

 

DAY 3

                It was like any usual day, Chanyeol would be heading to Baekhyun’s house to accompany him. He arrived at the front yard and texted Baekhyun, as usual.

 

To: Baekhyun

Wake up sunshine~ your is waiting outside. Hurry up! Chu! :*

 

His heart pounded loudly in his chest. He was about to cancel the text but it ended up being sent anyways. His hands are clammy; he didn’t know what he would say when Baekhyun asks. But then he waited. Ten minutes passed and there was no response. He sighed. What if… he doesn’t know how face me? ARGH. Stupid move Park Chanyeol, stupid move!

 

To: Baekhyun

Uhh… Nevermind that… Get down here lazy !

 

He sent another one again… And waited for another ten minutes, but there was none. He decided to ring their doorbell. After a few seconds the door opens, revealing Baekhyun’s mother in her curlers. Must be getting ready for work. Chanyeol concludes.

“OH! Park Chanyeol!” she smiles, “It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you. And you grew a lot taller!”

Chanyeol smiles back. It has been a long time since he entered their house. Ever since the divorce, Baekhyun became sensitive in inviting people over. Chanyeol doesn’t even insist; he just wants to comfort his best friend. “Uhm… I’m here to pick up Baekhee… Uh… I mean Baekhyun, aunty.” He scratches the back of his head, embarrassed.

“You’re voice became so manly too! Okay, come in, come in.” she says, and they both enter. “I think he hasn’t woken up yet. But you know his room right? Make yourself at home.” She said. Chanyeol thanks her and she went to the kitchen. Chanyeol went upstairs to check up on him. After tiptoeing for who knows why, he slowly opens Baekhyun’s door. He sees Baekhyun still sleeping peacefully.

You look so cute I don’t have the heart to wake you up. Chanyeol thinks, sitting beside him and putting his bangs aside. He can’t help but notice how natural Baekhyun’s beauty is. Baekhyun has always been insecure, that’s why he never forgets putting on his eyeliner, late or not. But I think you’re prettier, just like this.

 

Thump. Thump. Thump. Chanyeol doesn’t know what has gotten into his heart to act this way. Ever since he saw Baekhyun dressed up as a girl, he just… his heart just… he feels as if his heart wants to leap out of his chest. It was scary. He doesn’t want to feel this for Baekhyun, because he knew it would be the end of their friendship. It was something he wouldn’t want. He would endure anything just to be with him. He has spent a lifetime with Baekhyun, and he didn’t want it to stop because of something like…

 

“Love…” he hears Baekhyun utter.

“I… I love you…” Baekhyun says, and Chanyeol widens his eyes in shock. Though checking up on him, he found out that he was still asleep. “Park Chanyeol…” Baekhyun mutters and Chanyeol sprung up and rushed downstairs. He was about to go out when Baekhyun’s mom called for him.

“Going already, Chanyeol? Come, eat first… I’m sure he’ll come down in a second.” She offered.

Chanyeol shakes his head. “I’ll be fine, aunty. But I think I have to say goodbye, I’ll be late for school. But do tell her—him, I’m sorry. I need to rush. Thanks, aunty.” He says and gives one last bow before exiting the house.

 

 

 

 

 

                Chanyeol fidgeted in his seat. He says… he loves me… And that’s a good thing right? I mean… Best friends love each other… right? I mean… who doesn’t love someone he’s been with for a long time? I just overreacted, didn't I?

 

I love you… Park Chanyeol

 

No! Maybe… maybe he was just…

 

“I see you’re late again, Mr. Byun… or should I say, Ms. Byun?” Mrs. Jung said, and strangely, she returns to her discussion without giving a damn about it. Chanyeol didn’t face Baekhyun or mock Baekhyun this time, simply because he couldn’t face the boy. It was all too fast for him. He looks at their teacher but never focused anyways.

 

 

 

 

 

                Baekhyun sighs. Chanyeol has been avoiding him the whole time. He didn’t even know why, because coming from the messages he sent this morning, he seemed to be in a good mood.

Was it because he waited long for me? Baekhyun still couldn’t find a reason why. Chanyeol knew that he would always oversleep, so why ignore him now?

He sighs for the nth time today. He didn’t know what to do. What’s worse is, it’s lunch time, and Chanyeol made it obvious that he doesn’t want to eat with him. He trudged to his locker, carrying the books that he would put in it. He didn’t even look where he was going, until he bumped somebody and dropped his books. He was about to pick up his books but the nice, stranger got them all for him. When the guy looked up to return it to him, he saw that it was Tao. He finds it funny recalling his freshmen year; whenever Tao would be near he would blush. But right now, he can’t even force a smile on his face. He bowed as a sign of thanks and carried on, but Tao held his arm.

“Hey…” they look at each other. “Are you okay?” Tao questions and he simply smiles and nods. Tao nods back understanding, and continues on. A few seconds after; he felt the load on his arms taken away. He glances to his side hopefully, but it was still Tao. Not that he didn’t appreciate the help, but…

“You don’t have to…” Baekhyun expressed, but Tao shook his head.

“I insist. You look like the world’s against you…” he says and they resumed walking.

“Well… Maybe it is…” Baekhyun said almost inaudibly accompanied by a smile, but Tao didn’t miss that hint of sadness in his eyes.

Chanyeol’s against me… and he’s my world… Baekhyun keeps that to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

                Lunch time was over, and surprisingly, Tao was a great company. He hasn’t fully recovered from the ignoring issue, but at least from time to time he got that off his mind.

“We should definitely do this again.” Baekhyun suggests.

“Sure. Call me, I’ll be free anytime.” Tao winks.

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol calls out from afar while walking to their direction and Baekhyun was actually surprised to see him. He’s like his typical self again, all cheerful and hyper. Baekhyun doubted that nothing was wrong, but at least he was noticing him now. Chanyeol finally catches up to them and puts an arm around Baekhyun. “Ya! I’ve only gone for lunch and you replaced me already?” he says.

Baekhyun was speechless. He doesn’t know what has gotten into Chanyeol’s head lately.

I’m not this easy! HMPH! Baekhyun sulks and doesn’t say a word.

“Hey Tao…” Chanyeol says, and Tao looks at him. “Get off of Baekhyun. He’s mine.”

Baekhyun’s eyes widened at the statement. Did… did he just say what I think he said?

“Yeah right. What am I? A babysitter? You abandon Baekhyun for a bit and you return to get him? You’re pathetic.” Tao leaves Baekhyun with a smile and Chanyeol with an ‘I’m watching you’ stare.

The two doesn’t speak. This was the most awkward situation they have been in, since this was the first time Chanyeol acted like this.

 

Chanyeol, you’re straight.

 

But you can’t leave Baekhyun out; he’s your best friend!

 

You’re straight.

 

You like girls.

 

He glances at Baekhyun. He really looks girly with all this… props.

 

You like girls with s, Park Chanyeol.

 

He glances at Baekhyun’s chest. Those s look pretty real to me.

 

No. Park Chanyeol, you like girls with y legs.

 

He glances… no, he didn’t want to put any malice onto Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol, you’re straight okay? It’s just that… You haven’t dated girls in a while.

 

“That’s it!” Chanyeol voices out. Baekhyun looks at him with the ‘WTF is it now’ look. “Baekhyun, let’s date.” He suggests and Baekhyun couldn’t believe his ears.

“WHAT?!”

“No! No! What I mean is, let’s go on a double date. I bring someone I like, and you do the same.” He says.

 

That’s a very good idea, Chanyeol. A brilliant one!

 

Chanyeol assumes, but what he doesn’t know,

 

…was that Baekhyun, is hurt.

 

------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is nearing its end. And I notice that I got a lot of subscribers but then, it seems that you're silent readers.

I hope you would comment!

I'll gladly accept criticism, so... I want to hear from you guys!

Thank you for reading, either way.