Chapter 10: Critical Point

The Price to Pay

The road had become quiet. No wind in the eaves. Not a single sound can be heard, save for the sound of Chanyeol's boots as he making his steps to Suho's house.

The thick branches had prevented the silver light of the moon from shine its silver lights on to the road, leaving the road pitch dark with not a single light illuminating , save for the furious flames emerging from Chanyeol's hands. As Chanyeol getting nearer to the house, his steps become slower and slower, and eventually put on halt.

"I was hoping to see Suho instead"

Standing in front of Chanyeol is his two hyungs, and Chanyeol knows it's no joke, as the ones standing between him and Suho were known among the Exo as the most offensive and experienced members; Xiumin and Luhan.

 




Earlier as Chanyeol approaching, Jimin was able to sense him.

"It's Chanyeol!"

Xiumin and Luhan stared at Jimin with a surprised expression.

"I know I'm very weak right now, but I can really sense him, he is very near. Ah! Suho!"

Jimin left the room in a rush. "Suho! I can sensed him using telepathy. Is he really wanted to face off Chanyeol? Luhan! Prevent Chanyeol from coming here at any cost!"

Luhan nodded and rushed outside. Xiumin followed along. "No Xiumin! I'll handle him. You stay inside with Jimin and Suho"

"Luhan I can do this" assured Xiumin. "Trust me"

Although Luhan aware Xiumin's current disadvantage, he had no time to argue as Chanyeol is getting closer. Luhan proceed to outside and Xiumin silently followed from behind.
 



Chanyeol is less worried of Xiumin for now, without Suho, or any nearby water resource, Xiumin is less offensive, which is why he was labeled as defensive type. Now they're in the middle of the road with no nearby water resource, Chaneyol knows he is at the advantage against Xiumin.

But what he worried the most is Luhan. Unlike the rest of the Exo members, Luhan, along with Kai, possessed powers that is not connected with any elements, rather than manipulating the elements within their surrounding, both Luhan and Kai powers came from the strongest source; their minds, they manipulate all the events within them by simply thinking of it. While Kai is completely a defensive type, Luhan is completely offensive.

Chanyeol knows what he needs to do; he planned to knocked out Xiumin first, then he will solely focused on Luhan. At least that's the plan.

With all the well thought plan and passionate determination to kill Suho, Chanyeol put aside he worries against Luhan and dashed himself towards Xiumin, setting a trail of fire between Xiumin and Luhan, then it proceed to surround Xiumin and Chanyeol before it shoot up into the sky, creating a fiery wall of fire.

The next thing Xiumin knew Chanyeol is directly in front of him. Chanyeol raised his fiery right arm and prepared to strike Xiumin, but Xiumin managed to back off. On the other side of the wall, Luhan desperately trying to break the wall of fire with his telekinesis. He managed to break them several times but before he can proceed further the fire closed in. No matter how hard Luhan tried the fire managed to close in.

Luhan is worried; Chanyeol's fire is too strong, way too strong.

Inside Xiumin desperately avoiding Chanyeol's fire attacks. "Xiumin hyung, you're a brave one I'm telling you. Or maybe you're a fool instead. Without Suho do you really think you have the chance to win against me? What drives you to come out here facing me?"

Chanyeol unleashed more fire from his body, creating an illusion of pair of firery wings on his back. He proceed to throw several fireballs towards Xiumin and Xiumin desperately avoiding each of them; one of the fireballs caught Xiumin's sleeve but he managed to put it off.

"Are you crazy Chanyeol?! Trying to kill your hyung?!"

Chanyeol smiled. He lowered his hand and the flames vanishes instantly, Chanyeol halted his attacks on Xiumin. "No hyung, I did not want to kill you. I will never"

Chanyeol flashed a mischievous grin as he released fire from his hand again "I just want to knock you out. But at the same time, I wanna have some fun with Suho, I believe you understand well what I mean here"

Xiumin stunned as he finally he realised Chanyeol's true attention; recalling earlier incident with Kai, Xiumin realized Chanyeol wasn't aiming to kill him, but rather to torture him so that Suho will suffered the pain. Chanyeol's target is Suho, and it had always been Suho.

"You can make our life easy by just surrender yourself hyung. Give up the fight" sneered Chanyeol.

For a moment Xiumin stand motionless as he had lost his words. "Never!!" Xiumin snapped angrily. He had enough with all Chanyeol's cruel games on them, although he is aware Chanyeol is not being himself he still could not help but to feel boiling from the inside.

"Well then I guess we had to drag this fight" sighed Chanyeol. Chanyeol raised his right hand and unleashed massive fire, then in a flash swing Chanyeol unleashed a massive, fast moving trial of fire towards Xiumin.

The fire hit exactly where Xiumin is standing, but Xiumin is no longer there, instead the fire had left the ground with small, black crater.

"Huh?"

Then is  flashed Xiumin is behind Chanyeol. Chanyeol was taken by surprised and he automatically jumped back and throw several fireballs to Xiumin. Again in a flash Xiumin disappeared in a blink of the eyes.

Chanyeol frantically looked around. He then noticed a trail of ice on the ground. His eyes followed the trail and at the end of it he can see Xiumin standing. Apparently Xiumin had created trails of ice on the ground where he used it to slide around.

"How?!"

Xiumin did not bothered to answer, instead he punch the ground, and in an instant large sharp ice crystals emerged from the ground and shoot towards Chanyeol like projectiles.

Shocked, Chanyeol frantically create  a wall of fire in front of him. Most of the ice crystal projectiles melt when it touched the fire wall, but some managed to passed through, and one small ice shard managed to scratch Chanyeol's delicate cheek.

"That's for my arm earlier"

Chanyeol wiped his bleeding cheek and growled, "Why you!  How did you...?!"

Xiumin raised his hand and ice crystals begin to form at the top of his palm. "A trick I learnt from Suho. We all surrounded by water, let it be on the air or on the ground. All I need to do is manipulate them into ice, almost the same way Suho manipulate the water in air. I know someday this kind of thing might happened. I can't rely on Suho forever, so I come out this technique after months observing Suho's fighting style"

Chanyeol clenched his teeth, he had never ever expect Xiumin would be this offensive. The ice crystal on Xiumin's palm suddenly enlarged, then breaking into many shards. "Although I didn't want to do this, but I need to stop you, you need to be stopped-forgive me Suho, this might hurt a bit...."

Xiumin proceed to throw the ice shards. Chanyeol melt all of them with his fire. Suddenly the next thing he knows Xiumin is right in front of him, but before he could backed off or attack Xiumin with his fire the latter grabbed his arm and twisted it hard.

"Arrrggghhhh!!"

Not wanting to hurt Suho, earlier Xiumin purposely hurled the ice shard as a decoy; his real attention is to get as near as possible to Chanyeol and incapacitate him with taekwando. With Chanyeol's arm twisted, he is unable to attack Xiumin as he is more distracted by the pain. Xiumin used this opportunity to freeze Chanyeol's arm.

"What?! What are you doing hyung?!"

"Our body are made 70% of water, all I do is manipulate the liquid inside your body"

By now all the right side of Chanyeol's body are frozen. "Honestly I can do this in painful way, but because of Suho I tried to do this in painless way. You should be thanking Suho"

Chanyeol growled. "I will get you hyung! I swear I will!"

"We'll see about that" By now all body parts of Chanyeol, save for his head are in the state of frozen. "I would like to freeze your hard head as well but I'm not sure the outcome on Suho so you're lucky I'm going to leave it as it be"

The wall of fire slowly burn out as Chanyeol had been incapacitated. Luhan was relief to see Xiumin is alright. "Xiumin! Am I glad to see you're alright! Where's Chanyeol?".  Luhan then saw Chanyeol's frozen state and was impressed. "Woaaah Xiumin! You did that?"

Xiumin nodded. "But I'm afraid we might not able to hold him long. Where's others? Don't you think they've been gone too long?"

Before Luhan could answer, they suddenly heard cracking sounds. First it was quietly, then louder and louder, eventually the sound turned into a loud crash. The ice covered Chanyeol's body completely smashed into hundred pieces and become sharp ice projectiles speeding towards Luhan and Xiumin.

Luhan stepped in and telekinetically created an invisible energy wall to prevent the ice projectiles from piercing him and Xiumin.

Then it become silent again. Luhan and Xiumin eventually managed to catch the glimpse of Chanyeol; and they will never forget what they had just eyewitness for the rest of their life.

Chanyeol standing still, his eyes now glowing in a bright golden color with red rings surrounded his iris, his normal human inner iris had become cat-like slit. With no brighter light illuminating the area, Chanyeol's eyes is the most prominent unnatural feature of him, making the atmosphere becoming more eerie than ever. Luhan and Xiumin become terrified, by now they realized Chanyeol they know had totally gone, standing right in front of them is demon.

Chanyeol raised his right hand, exposing the front part of his hand to them. Luhan and Xiumin noticed a bright, flaming-like ruby embedded on top of Chanyeol's hand. The ruby released bright reddish glowing as Chanyeol unleashed fire from his hand. Chanyeol's reddish flame slowly turned into purplish black, and so does Chanyeol's eyes.

Luhan and Xiumin backed off as Chanyeol unleashed demonic black fire from his whole body. The fire phoenix appeared behind Chanyeol, but instead appearing in its usual majestic golden flames, the phoenix Chanyeol released now is eerie purplish black flames, making it like a demonic version.

The phoenix took off and hurled itself towards Luhan and Xiumi, Luhan again created an invisible energy wall with his telekinesis but the phoenix proven to be too powerful to Luhan, Luhan is slowly being pushed back, he can feel his feet slowly sliding on the road as he desperately trying to prevent the phoenix from burning them.

Xiumin tried to freeze to phoenix but even before any ice can form on the phoenix it vaporized by the phoenix fiery flames first. Xiumin felt helpless and he knows Luhan could not hold any longer.

"Xiumin get out from here!"

Xiumin jumped back as far as he could as Luhan, in final desperation to prevent the phoenix from burning them, focused all his energy on his hand and with all his might, Luhan divert the phoenix movement into the sky. The phoenix flew into the sky, and when Luhan thought the peril is over, he failed to realize a massive fireball was speeding towards him.

"Luhan!!!"

Too late. Xiumin watched in horror as Luhan was thrown away by the impact of the fireball crashing on the ground. Luhan landed on his head first on the hard road almost thirty meter away, for a moment Luhan laid motionlessly on the ground and Xiumin feared the worst.

Then slowly Luhan made some movement, he eventually get on his knees, but he is still unable to stand for a moment as he still remained disoriented after landed head first. Luhan removed his hand from the back of his head and he noticed blood smearing his hand.

Xiumin created trail of ice and begin to slide around Chanyeol in attempt to divert Chanyeol's attention from injured Luhan. It worked as Chanyeol begin to throw fireballs to Xiumin; Xiumin either avoided them with his speed or freeze them before they could get near, but as Chanyeol getting furious, the fireballs getting bigger and hotter and Xiumin could no longer freeze them; the ice will melt even before it could form around the fireballs. Now his only option is to avoid them till Luhan is back to his sense.
 




The black cloud advanced extremely slow towards the boys, then like a static it moved at fast speed again, but in few seconds it moving at slowing speed again.

"Hyung! Figure out something fast! I could no longer stop the time!!"

Sehun attempted to drive away the cloud with his wind. It did worked for a moment, then like the rest of the boys, his power slowly become weaker and by now his wind barely gave an effect on the cloud. The cloud continue to advance towards the boys, and now the speed began to accelerate.

Within the ensuing chaos and panic among the boys, D.O remained calm. D.O could hear the water dripping from the roof. With each time the air getting colder and colder; the light from Baekhyun getting dimmer and shone only few feet by now, casting eerie shadows on the wall rather than illuminating it.

D.O ran towards the second mural wall and with all his might he punched it.

Bang! The first punch caused the wall to crack. Another bang can be heard, the crack on the wall became bigger, as the banging sounds become louder, it caught the rest of the boys' attentions, and also the Darkness cloud. The cloud switched its attention to D.O.

Sehun jumped few feet in front of D.O and create powerful wind to drive away the cloud, with his power getting weaker, the stress of using up his power become visible on Sehun's face. Although Sehun did not know D.O's attention, but he is sure it is must be crucial for their survival because the Darkness cloud had switched its target to him.

Tao seemed to think the same thing as he raised his hand, he tried to stop the time again. The Darkness cloud did stopped moving for a moment, then it begin to move again, slowly. Very slowly, but Tao did not think he can hold any longer; every minute he using his power is agonizing, much more agonizing than Sehun because manipulating the time required more physical energy and mental focus.

D.O can sensed his maknaes' pain and instantly gave another strong punch to the wall.

Bang!

D.O can see a small light piercing through the small crack on the wall. D.O hold his hand, as his power getting weaker each time he using them, the pain on his hand can be felt. D.O inspected his hands, he can some of his skin had peeled off during the punching, and blood begin to clump on the top of his hands.

The cloud

But D.O know he cannot stopped here, he just need to endure the pain for a little bit more; he is their only hope to escape alive. With all his might and determination, D.O swing his hand and gave one last strong punch.

BANG!!

The wall collapsed. By now both  Sehun and Tao had become completely exhausted and collapsed on the ground. D.O rushed to Sehun and carried him away as the Darkness cloud speeding towards Sehun. Suddenly a strong lighting forces halted the Darkness cloud from advancing, with the wall had collapsed, the curse seemed to be removed and Chen is able to use his lighting power effectively.
 




Strong snapping sounds can be heard in the air as several bulky branches shattered into hundred pieces by strong invisible force.

Luhan hurled what it seems an invisible energy ball towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol calmly and elegantly avoided them, letting the energy ball swiftly passed him and shattered anything behind him. By now Luhan and Xiumin were not hesitate to use their powers against Chanyeol; to them he is no longer Chanyeol, and the black flames emitted from Chanyeol is not their original Exo power. They assumed it's alright as they realized Jimin did not interfere the fight.

Inside the house Jimin watched the fight as Suho laid unconsciously on the bed. In each fight Jimin surveyed Suho, if Suho sign of pain from the result of the fight, she knows she need to stop them. The last thing she also wanted to happen is Suho to wake up now.

Earlier as she rushed to Suho, she bumped into Suho at the corridor, on his way to face off Chanyeol, confirming her fear that Suho wanted to end everything by turning himself in. When Jimin failed to persuade Suho to give up his attention she knocked him unconscious by cut of his air, the same technique Sehun used before.

Back to the battle, Xiumin created massive trail of crystallized ice from the ground and hurled them towards Chanyeol. Still not wanting to kill Chanyeol, Xiumin targeted Chanyeol's right arm, which he believed as the source of his demonic power, where the ruby is embedded.

The crystal ice projectiles did hit Chanyeol's right hand, but it shattered the moment it hit the ruby. When Xiumin attempt to do his second round of attack, Chanyeol suddenly disappeared and when Xiumin turned his back to look for Luhan, he discovered Chanyeol is standing behind him instead.

Chanyeol grabbed Xiumin's throat with one hand and raised him from the ground. Xiumin struggled to release himself, he even hit the ruby on Chanyeol's hand, in attempt to break it. Then slowly Xiumin felt as if his life, energy and power slowly being pulled out from his body. He noticed the ruby on Chanyeol's hand begin to emit eerie reddish light.

Luhan hurled an energy ball towards Chanyeol, but Chanyeol calmly raised his another hand, created a wall of black flames in front of him and absorbed Luhan's energy ball. As Xiumin become weaker and weaker, Luhan knew he need to do something, he rushed to Chanyeol, and when he is only few feets he tried to pushed Chanyeol away from the ground telekinetically. Chanyeol did jerked a bit, but nothing more than than. Luhan is stunned.

The next thing Luhan realised a strong hand violently grabbed his throat, and was raised from the ground. Like Xiumin earlier, Luhan can feel everything is slowly being away from his body. Luhan gasped and again tried to pushed Chanyeol away telekinetically. But his powers seem had little effect on Chanyeol. Luhan's head felt very heavy and his eyes stubbornly slowly closing despite his efforts not to.

Xiumin and Luhan had lost consciousness. Chanyeol grimly giggled. "You troublesome hyungs. Now where should I send you two? Shall I send to the void? Like that did to me earlier? Let's see if you can escape from there"

"STOP!!!"

Chanyeol turned his head and grinned menacingly.

With upset expression, Suho slowly walking towards Chanyeol.