Chapter 7 - Help me

Me and My Ghostly Brother

"Oppa."

"Hmm?"

"Do you still remember when we were kids?" I still stuck in an abyss right now. I got sprain around my leg and I can’t do anything. So now I decided to stay here until someone come to help me. Even though I know it sounds impossible, because it’s getting late. But fortunately, oppa is here with me. At least I don’t feel so alone.

"Of course, Hayi," said Chanyeol-oppa who is next to me now.

"I remember back then, when we were lost together," I said, looking at the stars that were sparkling brightly.

"Hehehe, I remember that," said Chanyeol-oppa with a little grin.

Of course he’d laugh, we were lost because of him. He led me into the forest to look around, because he was curious. He said that there are fairies in the forest that could grant every wish. He was really stupid back then, how could he believe it? Even I was also very stupid to simply trust him. And finally, we actually got stuck in the middle of the forest like idiots. Luckily, we can find our way back.

"I was crying, and oppa said, 'don’t cry, Hayi, oppa is here.’ You said to me who was crying," I said while looking at him and smiled.

"Hayi .."

"At that time, I was glad you were beside me. I was glad that you didn’t leave me," I said and then looked down.

"Hehehe, now oppa is still with you, right?" he said. He then flew to my front.

I looked up and saw him with a smile, "Thank you, oppa."

Yes, thank you very much, oppa. I’m the luckiest sister in the world to meet him and be his sister. He then flew around me again, like he wanted to cheer me up so that I can keep smiling.

"Because it’s only the two of us here, oppa will give you a show," he said, proudly.

"What kind of show, oppa?" I said, looking up.

"Hmm, oppa will sing," he said with his big smile.

I then started to laugh. Singing? Yeah, right, "Pfft, you can’t sing, oppa," I strongly disagree if he will sing, because uh… how do I say it, his voice is too deep so it might sound really weird. I suggest you all to not hear it.

"But, oppa always sing for you when you were kid," said Chanyeol-oppa while begging.

That's right, in the past he was always singing to me to cheer me up. Yes, how could I been so happy to hear his sing? Perhaps I was too stupid back then. "Yeah it when I was a kid, but for now it’s no---," Then the wind began to blow, the night wind is cold to me.

Chanyeol-oppa looks surprised to see because I stopped, "Hayi, what’s wrong?"

I just shook my head so he don’t need to worry about me, "No, that's okay, oppa,"

But I cannot lie, because now my hand began to cover my whole body. I started to feel very cold now. I felt very weak because the wind kept blowing tonight. Somehow I feel my body is getting tired. Chanyeol-oppa panicked, he approached me.

"Hayi, you look cold," said Chanyeol-oppa who looks like he’s about to cry.

"It's okay, oppa, I'm okay," I said trying to lie.

"But you seem to be very cold and ... weak," said Chanyeol-oppa who began to cry. "It's okay, Hayi. Just be honest."

"Haa, well, I’m freezing. But it’s okay, I can still hold it," I said who was still covering my body.

And he cried in front of me, "I'm sorry, Hayi. Oppa cannot do anything about it."

"Don’t mind, maybe someone will help me soon," I then began to feel weaker with this situation.

"Hayi, what are you doing?" asked Chanyeol-oppa who is still crying.

"I feel very tired, oppa, maybe I want to take a nap," I cannot take it anymore. The weather really made me feel weak, I know I should not be asleep but what can I do, I’m really tired now. I then put my hand over my head so I can lie, "Oppa, don’t go, ok?"

Then I heard oppa said, "Yes." and I closed my eyes.

I feel very tired now. Also, somehow I feel my body is getting cold, I could not resist. But oppa is here, I should not worry him. I keep closing my eyes trying to relieve my tiredness. Suddenly I heard something from a distance. I heard someone calling me very loudly.

"Hayi!"

Because I was closing my eyes, I thought it was oppa who called me. So I do not try to open my eyes. I think that now I'm dreaming. However, I kept hearing the scream, and I realized that it was not Chanyeol-oppa’s voice.

"Hayi!"

I then opened my eyes and saw Chanyeol-oppa who is next to me, "Oppa, do you hear that noise?"

"Hmm, what sound?" Chanyeol-oppa said, confused.

"Hayi! Where are you?" Then the voice came again from a distance.

"That!" I said while looking Chanyeol-oppa.

He then nodded to me, "Yeah, I heard it, it sounds like Baekhyun’s voice."

"Baekhyun-oppa?" I said.

"Yeah, he’s looking for you! You have to get up and shout, Hayi," said Chanyeol-oppa who also rose.

I also really want to get up, but I felt weak. So slowly I tried to raise myself. With the remaining energy I had I tried to get up and pull out my voice, "I-I'm here!"

Chanyeol-oppa kept looking up and also continue to support me, "Continue, Hayi, keep shouting!"

"Help me, I'm here!" I screamed. After that, my energy was completely gone; I couldn’t pull out my voice again. I hope he hears my voice.

My wish came true when I saw a light lead me, I heard Baekyun-oppa’s voice from there, "Hayi! Are you okay?"

This might the last power I have now. I ‘m just smiling toward him, and saying, "I'm okay, thank you for coming,"

"Hold still! I'll help you, Hayi!" Baekhyun-oppa said, shouting.

Then Chanyeol-oppa see me again, "You did it, Hayi. He will help you soon.You’ll be alright now,"

"Yeah," I then fainted because of my condition. I could only see Chanyeol-oppa’s surprised face and hear Baekhyun-oppa’s voice that was calling me loudly.

"Hayi!"

I passed out and closed my eyes. I'm so tired. Please, help me.

☻☻

* Author's POV

Now Baekhyun is looking for a way to reach Hayi. He's really in a hurry because he saw Hayi fainted. Luckily he found a way to reach Hayi. He managed to find Hayi. He immediately ran up to her, he saw Hayi who looks very weak. He put his palm on her forehead, and could feel that Hayi is already hot.

He was shocked. Then he lift Hayi’s body and piggyback her. He tried to keep Hayi on his back. After he somehow managed to take a flashlight that was in front of him, he starts to walk with the flashlight as his guide. He walked back to the school.

"Thank you," said Hayi slowly behind Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was a bit surprised to hear it, he then replied, "Yes, Hayi. You’re alright now. So, please wait for a bit longer."

Baekhyun walked again, pointing his flashlight. Suddenly from far away, some people ran towards him. But he kept going, because he is now carrying someone important to him. Apparently those people are members of the student council.

"Oh thank god you found her," said one person.

"Yeah, you do not need to worry, and we have to go back now because it seems she caught a fever," said Baekhyun who then looked at Hayi.

Then one of them touched Hayi’s forehead, "You're right, we should immediately take her."

They all moved quickly to the school. Baekhyun looks absolutely worried now. This might be the first time the members see him looking terrified and worried. Of course, because Hayi is the younger sister of his best friend he loved; a friend who had gone for good.

Arriving at the school, Baekhyun walked straight to the infirmary, he then lay Hayi down slowly on the bed, while other members prepare some cloth for Hayi. They soaked the cloth and then walked to where Hayi is.

"Let me do it," said Baekhyun while holding out his hand.

That person then gave it to Baekhun, "All right."

Baekhyun then put the cloth on Hayi’s forehead, "I'm glad you’re okay, Hayi."

He then examined Hayi’s body and realized that her feet were cut and bleeding. The person beside him immediately ran for a few bandages and antiseptic. Baekhyun stood silent, he couldn’t move his body because of the shock.

The person then held Baekhyun’s shoulder, "You can wait outside, Baekhyun. I'll take care of it."

"Thank you, Fanny," said Baekhyun who then walked out of the room.

He pulled his breath for a while and laid his body in front of the door. He was really worried, it felt as if Hayi is almost gone from his life forever. Then he turned and saw the people who hurt Hayi. Also she saw Sooyoung who looks worried. Those people look terrified when Baekhyun walked toward them.

Baekhyun started clenching his hands, "You guys!"

He tried to deliver a blow to them. However, he stopped right in front of Heeyoon’s face. Making Heeyoon almost burst into tears. Baekhyun said, "I will not forgive you about this," and then he walked away from them all.

Sooyoung looked at him and said, "Is she okay, Baekhyun?"

"Yeah.”

"You should also be fine too, Baekhyun," said Sooyoung, she looked worried.

"I'm okay, Sooyoung," Baekhyun said then walked away. He walked toward his room.

He paused in the middle of the hallway. There was nobody besides him at the hallway. He fell from where he stood, he leaned on the chair near him, mumbled, "That was close, I almost lost her," he then started to cry again, "Chanyeol, I was very sad when you suddenly gone, but I managed to save your sister. I succeeded, at least she will continue to remind me of you," he cried in the hallway corner, crying with a soft voice.

Meanwhile, without Baekhyun knowing because he can’t see him, Chanyeol was standing in front of him. He saw Baekhyun who was crying. He also felt very sad to see his friend like this. But he could not do anything, he can only say something while trying to hold Baekhyun’s shoulder, "You already do your best, Baekhyun. Thank you very much, my dear friend. Thank you ..."

☻☻

I feel a little pain around my body, but I’m able to get up now. So I tried to open my eyes. I looked around and I realized that I was in the school infirmary. I then tried to get up from where I slept. When I got up, I saw Sooyoung-unni.

Her face looked very relieved, she immediately came closer to me, "Thank God, you're okay, Hayi," she then hugged me gently.

"What happened, unni? Why am I here?" I asked.

"Yesterday you fainted when Baekhyun was going to rescue you. That’s why you are here," said Sooyoung-unni. She released me and looked at me.

I remembered that Chanyeol-oppa was at my side when I was unconscious. I also remembered that Baekhyun-oppa kept calling my name back then. Oh yes, where is Chanyeol-oppa? He should be here to greet me. I looked around, trying to find him.

Sooyoung-unni suddenly said, "What is it, Hayi? Are you hungry?"

"Uh, no," I denied her words, but all of a sudden my stomach said something else.

"Hehe, Unni will take breakfast for you, because now every member is having their breakfast," said Sooyoung-unni. She then walked out to the cafeteria.

"Ok, Unni."

I lay in my bed again. I was just wondering to myself about Chanyeol-oppa. I was too used with him being in my side when I woke up. But maybe he’s doing something else now? I don’t know. Then Sooyoung-unni comes with a bowl of breakfast for me, along with someone who is opening the door.

"I brought your breakfast, Hayi," Sooyoung-unni said as she gave me the bowl. She then walked toward the door.

"Thank you, Unni."

A few people came into the room. I know them all. Hmm, they are Heeyoon, Namyoung, Jinan and Jiyoung. I smiled when I see that Chanyeol-oppa was there too, he was waving his hand to me. They all have the same worried face when they looked at me.

Jiyoung tried to encourage them when they are getting close to me, "Hurry up, apologize."

I was surprised at their word, so I stopped eating, "What is it?"

The three of them then came at me with a face full of regret. They said together, "Hayi! We’re really, really sorry! We’re sorry we pushed you off the cliff!" and then the three of them bowed together in front of me.

It was a little funny seeing them like that. Then I saw Chanyeol-oppa who just smiled at me. I then put the bowl on the table that was next to my bed.

"You can lift your face," I smiled.

They then lifted their faces slowly and looked at me. I smiled at them all, "Of course, I forgive you all. I also don’t think too much about the incident. And yeah, everyone makes mistakes. Hmm, so, we are friends, ok? Starting today," I then held my hand to them all.

The three of them burst into tears and hugged me. Yep, they hugged me tightly, saying, "Huaaa, Hayi, thank you. We’re sorry, Hayi! We also want to be your friend! Huaaa,"

I could only smile at them, "Hehe, me too.”

Then I turned and saw Chanyeol-oppa who smiled at me, he also gave me two thumbs up. Also, I noticed that Sooyoung-unni who folded her hand, smiling. Jiyoung shook her head a few times while seeing us.

These beautiful days will always take place in my life.


From author:
It’s been a long time, right? I miss this story very much. This chapter makes me cry a bit, and Baekhyun’s concern makes my heart flustered. Well guys, I’m really sorry for my very late update. I’m busy with my task, and now, I’ll have a vacation for 3 weeks. So, I don’t think there’ll be update until next month. Please, wait for it, okay? Thank you so much. See you.