Chapter 6 - Why me?

Me and My Ghostly Brother

Tonight we will do a test for bravery. I'm actually not too scared for it, but still if they wearing some scary clothes I'm definitely going to be scared. However, it seems I do not have to be afraid because Chanyeol-oppa will always be with me.

"All right, now we're going to divide the group. Each group consists of 5 people, and each person can choose their own group members," said Sooyoung-unni.

After she said that, my friends whom I met this afternoon walked closer to me. Their names are Heeyoon, Namyoung, Jinan, and Jiyoung. They invited me to join them. I’m glad that I have friends to go with.

"Ok, if every group is complete, let's get started!" Sooyoung-unni said with spirit.

Chanyeol-oppa looked excited for this, "Yay! Let's go, Hayi, the event is about to start!"

"Hmm."

Then we all gathered in the park behind the school to wait for our turn. Finallu, after waiting for a while, it's our turn to go inside. We swallowed our saliva for moment, because the place was dark. And the weird sounds that came from that place made it look even scarier. I got a little scared. I hope nothing bad will happen.

The five of us start our move as the last group in the event. We were sure we can do it, even though we were scared. Heeyoon is now holding Namyoung’s hand tightly. Jinan is also holding Namyoung’s other hand, they seemed really scared. Jiyoung looks very relaxed while walking in front of us with a flashlight in her hand. She led our steps.

"Hah!" Heeyoon shouted when he saw an object in front of her. We were also surprised when she screamed. However, Jiyoung who was in front of us immediately directed her flashlight to that thing. She sighed when she looked at it. "Relax, Heeyoon. It's not scary at all, see? There’s nothing to fear now."

We all sighed and Heeyoon said, "Oh, thank goodness...”

Heeyoon braced herself to walk again with the flashlight in her hand. She walked in front of it without realizing there is something terrible from there. Even, we are all behind her could see it. I see it very clearly. Someone is pretending to be a ghost. Within seconds, Heeyoon suddenly screamed when she saw the ghost. And of course, her scream made us scream as well.

We all ran really fast from the place. Including me with Chanyeol-oppa who also chases me,while Jiyoung still stay in that place, it looks like she was not scared at all. She just shouted to call us. But because we were really scared, we decided to run very fast. The four of us ran and left Jiyoung alone in that place.

After a pretty long run, we all stopped because we were tired. Chanyeol-oppa even is in front of me and worried about my situation. However, I'm okay, just because too much running I feel so tired now. I'm walking closer to where they stand, "Are you guys, okay?"

"Ah, we’re okay, Hayi," said Namyoung who tried to breathe normally.

Jinan then looked around, "Looks like we ran too far."

"Yep, we should go back now," said Heeyoon who then started walking with a flashlight in her hand.

"Yes, let’s go," I said, who also start to walk.

We all braced ourselves to walk in the dark. Somehow I feel scared. Suddenly, my friends stopped walking. They all turned around their bodies and see me. Their faces looked very terrible. They started to laugh.

"Hmph, I'm tired with this acting, Heeyoon," said Namyoung while looking at me.

"Yeah, you're right. Pretending to be good in front of her is really exhausting," said Heeyoon with a horrible face.

I felt scared, I took a step backward from where I stood, "W-what do you mean?"

"Is not it obvious, Hayi? We don’t want to be friends with you. We were only pretending to be nice to you," said Jinan who then pushed me.

Why? Why are they suddenly doing something like this? Just when I thought that I have found real friends... I should never hope to be like oppa, always shining and have so many friends.

"Hayi, you should run away! It looks like they are the one who pushed you before!" said Chanyeol-oppa, who was in front of me.

Yes, oppa is right. I must run now before they do something to me. However, I was too late. They pushed me and I fell. I couldn’t keep my balance. Especially that behind me there is a gap that looks deep. They laughed when looked at me who fall. I could hear the last words from them, "Just die you, !" Also they leave horrible laughter to me.

Why?

"Hayi!"Chanyeol-oppa also comes down with me. He's trying to reach my own hands. It’s useless, oppa. I can’t even touch you now. I just continue to look at him who starts to shed tears when he could not touch my hand at all.

I'm sorry, oppa.

☻☻

"Hayi! Hayi! Wake up, Hayi!"

I hear it, I hear my brother calling me in my sleep. I always hear that voice. I'm happy to still be able to hear that voice inside me. I also want to always see the owner of voice face. Please, let me wake up.

I tried to open my eyes. I saw Chanyeol-oppa who was above me, he was crying. I raised my hand trying to touch him, but I know I could never do it. However, it does not matter, I just want to make oppa stopped crying for now.

"Chanyeol-oppa," I said trying to get up.

Oppa immediately looks at me with tears, "Hayi! Are you okay?"

"Yes, oppa, I think I can get up-," I tried to get up, but the pain in my feet make me could not do it. I saw wounds on my feet for a moment, and it seems my legs are twisted a little. Maybe it’s because I fell from high cliff. I looked Chanyeol-oppa with a smiling face trying to make him not worry, "I think I twisted my ankles a bit, oppa. Hehehe, but I'm okay!"

"How can you be okay?! You have just fallen from a high place! You do not know how I was so scared! How am I afraid of that you’ll die! And I... I couldn’t even help you!" He kept crying and screaming in front of me at the moment.

"I'm sorry, oppa. Forgive me, I didn’t know you’d be so worried," I said. I began to cry, "I'm sorry."

He also looked at me with worry, "It's okay, Hayi. I'm just afraid of losing you again,"

"Huaaa, I'm sorry," I said, crying out loudly.

Maybe I never deserve to shine. I don’t deserve everyone’s kindness. I don’t deserve anything. Because of my selfishness, Chanyeol-oppa died. I don’t deserve anything nice.

I looked around. It looks like I fell into the abyss. It was really dark and I didn’t bring my flashlight with me. However, the moon gave a bit light so I can see my surroundings and see Chanyeol-oppa who is next to me. I couldn’t do anything because my legs were sprained, so I decided to sit here in the middle of the cold weather.

"Oppa."

"What is it, Hayi?" asked Chanyeol-oppa who later moved to my front.

"I.. I think I shouldn’t have come here from the beginning," I said, looking down.

"Huh? Don’t say things like that, Hayi!" he looked very angry.

"I... I would never be able to stand in ‘your place’," I started to cry. "From the beginning, I had always been a shadow, I was always behind you. I’m the opposite of you who always shine and have many friends. But... But why do you always come to me, oppa? Why?"

"Hayi ..."

"You smiled to me. And it makes me happy sometimes. Yet, you don’t know how everybody is looking at me. You never understand! And now I end up like this. I should have never tried get into ‘your place’!" I kept crying and blaming him.

Actually, I was the one who’s at fault. I’m the one who tried entering to his world. But why do I continue to blame him? I was always tired with all the things in this world. Especially about me who is always compared to him. However, it seems because I say things like this, he would hate me. I did not dare look at his face, so I continued to look down.

"Forgive me, Hayi," said Chanyeol-oppa.

"Why? Why do you apologize? I said the wrong thing. I also blame you. Youshouldangry with me!" I then braced myself to look at his face now. I think he will be upset at me. However, he still smile to me. He gave me his smile. It made me speechless.

"Because you're my sister who I love the most, Hayi. I can never blame you, because I really love you," he smiled at me.

With that, I start to cry really hard. I should not blame Chanyeol-oppa. He is always nice to me. Oppa never forgets about me. However, sometimes I look at him with envy view since he's always surrounded by everyone. Even so, he still comes over to me who am dark.

He always greeted me with great happiness.

☻☻

*Author’s POV

"Ah, I didn’t think I could easily push that girl," said Heeyoon.

"Yeah, it’s so easy to make her fall. In fact, she is also stupid to easily believe our acting," said Namyoung.

"People like her deserve to die," said Jinan.

"Yeah, exactly,"

After they pushed Hayi to the cliff, they didn’t feel guilty and went back to class with a feeling of satisfaction. On the contrary, they feel that they have done the right thing that they should have done since the first. Even before seeing Hayi’s speech. They've been planning it perfectly.

Time has shown at 11 pm, the student council members began to check each student. Especially students who have not come to class. Also, each student was able to use the bathroom to wash their faces. The threegirls also walked into the bathroom when the student council starts work. As they passed in front of the Jiyoung’s class, they can see Jiyoung looked chatting about some important things with the student council member.

"So, Hayi have not comeback since before?" asked the officer.

"Yeah,she disappeared since the test for bravery," said Jiyoung.

The three of them felt a little nervous when passing through that place. However, they are trying to look cool and not look guilty, because they do not want to be asked about Hayi. So they walked like they’re innocent. However, they think they'll be fine now, but it seems Jiyoung will not let them away with it.

Jiyoung directly say something to stop their step, "Looks like the three of them know where Hayi is."

The student council member immediately turned around and saw the three of them, "Huh? They know?"

"Yes, because they are together with Hayi last time," Jiyoung said, folding her arms.

Heeyoon see her, she was a little scared but she tried to deny it, "Huh? Hayi was with us? That’s not possible, right?"

Namyoung try defending her with innocent face, "Yeah, that's right. We weren’t with her."

Jiyoung looks annoyed with their words. She knows all their personality, because they are her friends, but she never wanted to act mean to them. The student council member looked confused by this situation, "So, what exactly is happening right now?"

Jiyoung then look at Jinan with a cold stare, made Jinan look frightened, "You'd better tell me before I do something to you."

"No!" Jinan screamed and shut her ears. She looks very pale after Jiyoung said it.

Also, because of their noise, some council members heard about it and come to their place. Baekhyun and Sooyoung came over to their place too. Baekhyun approached and asked one of them, "What is going on here?"

Jiyoung immediately turned and saw Baekhyun, "You better ask her." Then Jiyoung looked right in Jinan’s eyes, Jinan felt fear and fell from where she stands. She began to shed tears.

Sooyoung surprised to see her. She immediately approached her and asked, "Are you okay?"

However, Jinan didn’t reply, she just only mumbled to herself, "I'm sorry... I did not mean to push her. She just fell from the cliff. I didn’t push her!"

Everyone was surprised to hear her words. Everyone in the place looked confused, while Heeyoon and Namyoung looks scared, it looks like they've uncovered crime now. They cannot run away anymore.

"What do you mean?" asked Baekhyun, who then approach Jinan.

Jiyoung immediately responded emphatically, "Hayi, what she meant is Hayi," only with those words, Baekhyun immediately stopped and looked toward Jiyoung, "H-Hayi?!"

Sooyoung also heard that, he immediately asked to Jinan, "Where? Where did you push her?"

Baekhyun also sat in front of her, he saw Jinan with a face full of worry, "What, How, huh? Quick tell me where you push her!"

Jinan slowly replied his words, "In the park behind the school. The test of bravery place,"

Baekhyun immediately stand from where he was sitting, he ran and left Sooyoung in that place. Sooyoung tried to call him who suddenly runs away, "Baekhyun!"

However, he did not stop running. Baekhyun seem very worried, and Sooyoung knew something like that would happen. So she decided to stand up from his place, she looked at her friend, "Tell the other members, we have to find Hayi. Also, this girl, do not let her get away. Do not let them enjoy their day just like that,"

Their eyeswere immediately filled with dread. Fear is flowing in them now. As if the world will end in their place. Evil people will always get their own reward.

Sooyoung then turned and saw Jiyoung who is still standing, "You can come with me to talk to these three."

"All right."

Meanwhile, Baekhyun is still running to the park behind the school. He also carries a flashlight in his hand. So now he's trying to find Hayi’s presence in that place. He seemed very concerned with Hayi.

He mumbled to himself, 'I've had enough losing you, Chanyeol. Now I don’t want to lose your sister. I hope you're okay, Hayi. Please, wait for me a little longer. I'll be right there!'


New chapter for you guys... Enjoy! I'll keep post the chapter, so please, tell me what do you think about this story. See you.