5: I'm Not Gay!!!

Flower Boys Upstairs

Sammi pushes on my shoulders trying to wake me up. I turn over in my bed not wanting to wake up just yet.

“5 more minutes sam-sam” I say lightly.

She sighs beside me, “I’d say the same thing…you have a guest here…” she says lightly. “Who exactly are you inviting over on the Saturday you finally come home from the hospital?” she asks.

I get up and stretch while yawning. “Alright…I’ll go let them in” I say lightly.

I get up and put my shirt on, cause like I said before…I don’t like sleeping in them…plus…I had to sleep in that awful shirt the whole time I was at the hospital.

I throw a black cap over my hair to make it seem straighter then it was. I didn’t have enough time to straighten it. I throw on a pair of sweat pants and then walk to the door. I forgot to grab a jacket so the cute were still visible on my arms from a few days before.

I get to the door and see AhNiel standing at the door with flowers in one hand and a box in the other.

“Um…” he started to say.

I stepped aside and offered him to come inside. He stepped in and took his shoes off then walked up onto out wooden floor.

“These are…from my mom” he says lightly and shoves the flowers at me. I take them lightly and smile, “you’ll have to give her my thanks for them” I said as I walk into our small kitchen to look for the vase. I find it, put water in it, and then place the flowers inside.

“…and this…is from my oldest sister” he said handing me the box. I raised my eyebrow lightly wondering what it was. I open the box and see the most expensive cake brand around the whole neighborhood.

I gasp in surprise, “she didn’t have to get such an expensive kind!” I said in protest.

AhNiel just shrugged. “Nothing we can do about it now” he said simply as he looked around. “You have a pretty small house…and I don’t see your parents anywhere? Are they working?” he asked.

My sister walked in lightly wearing a grey hoodie, black sweatpants, a grey undershirt and a black cap. “…um…our parents aren’t here anymore” she said simply and sat on the couch then the TV.

“You can sleep more Sammi” I say simply.

She shakes her head, “can’t sleep…I’m all awake now and everything” she says simply as she gives a yawn.

I shrug and then look to AhNiel, “Our parents died about 3 years ago” I said lightly.

AhNiel’s face didn’t change, “ah…sorry. Didn’t know” he said lightly.

I shrugged, “yeah…it’s not really something to brag about for the whole world to know” I said. “Would you like anything to drink?” I ask lightly.

“Um…you got coffee?” he asked lightly.

I nodded, “we should have some left…” I said as I started to look through the cupboards. I find some and start to make it. “What kind do you like? Sugar? Black? Milk coffee?” I ask. I figured he would probably like it black.

“…Milk…coffee” he says. I look at him and notice he’s blushing almost as though he is embarrassed of his choice.

I just smile and grab the milk and creamer from the fridge, “alright. It’ll be done in a sec” I smile.

AhNiel makes a sound of approval and I hear him sit down at the kitchen table.

I let the coffee maker do its job and then I sit across from AhNiel and lightly lean my head on the table and yawn for the nth time that morning.

“…Did I wake you both up?” AhNiel asks almost in a whisper.

“You did milk coffee boy!” my sister yells back.

I chuckle lightly when I see AhNiel’s shocked look. “She has inhuman hearing abilities” I say as I look up at him.

He just nods, “…I can see that” he says smiling awkwardly with blush on his face from the nickname she gave him.

I smile, “just ignore her…she can be more of a boy than most actual guys I know” I joke.

AhNiel chuckles lightly, “how attractive” he jokes.

My sister frowns, “shut up….before I kick both of you and make your future of having children impossible” she says looking at us.

“I see the devils horns on you…Satan’s child” I say lightly.

She just smirks and goes back to watching TV.

AhNiel seems un-phased by her threat. “…good thing I can’t have children anyways” I hear him mumble lightly.

I look at him and he points back to the coffee machine. I look back and see the ready light switch on. I get up lightly and pour his coffee adding the milk and mixing in the creamer. I then make myself some milk coffee.

I sit his glass on the table and take a glass of hot cocoa to Sammi and come back into the kitchen and sit across from AhNiel with my coffee.

“…So…your sister and mom made you come here with those?” I ask nodding to the cake and flowers.

AhNiel nodded lightly, “um…yeah…they said since I had someone who was willing to deal with me I should actually bring him presents…they actually really want to meet you and your family…” he says blushing lightly.

I blink in shock, “your family….want to meet…me?” I say lightly.

“AND ME! I’m your family!” Sammi chimes in.

“Yeah, yeah. I heard that nosey!” I yell back at her. “When do they want to meet me…I mean…us” I correct myself.

AhNiel shrugs, “I don’t know…they haven’t said any dates or anything…I can ask them when I go home later I guess…” he says lightly.

“Ah…ok…contact me with details. Ummm” I look around for pen and paper. Once I find some I write down my cell number and email contact for texting. I hand him the note. “You can contact me there” I say lightly.

He nods as he finishes his milk coffee. “…I’m not gonna be able to shut them up with their excitement later” he sighs.

I chuckle lightly, “ah. Sorry” I smile to him.

“Not your fault” he shrugs. “So…can I see your house?” he asks as he looks around curiously.

I nod, “sure…if you really want to.” I say as I stand and take the empty cups to the sink. “Come on…I’ll show you around” I said as he stands and follows behind me.

I show him the living room, kitchen, bathrooms, and Sammi’s room. I hesitate to open my room door…I haven’t had anyone but Sammi and…her…in my room before so I’m a bit nervous. I lightly open the door and AhNiel chuckles lightly. “…wow…id think you were a girl…you have so many posters in here…Ahhh…I know them. SHINee…yeah. I like them. They are pretty cool” he smiles then he goes around and looks at my other posters commenting every now and then. “Hey…you have a signed L.E.S poster?! …I can’t even get one and I offered a ton of money for one” AhNiel sighs.

I shrug, “he’s someone I knew as a kid…we used to be neighbors. I can ask him to send me another signed photo if you really want one” I say lightly.

AhNiel smiles a strangely attractive side smile. “Really? You could do that?” he asks lightly.

I nod, “yeah…L.E.S is pretty nice…he might send me another one…” I say. ‘If I beg enough…’ I add on in my thoughts. I shiver at the thought of having to beg him last time for….her…

AhNiel hugs me tightly, “if you could get me one that would be so freakin amazing!!” I can hear the enthusiasm in his voice.

I smile lightly and laugh, “ok, ok…I’ll see what I can do bro” I smile.

He lets go of me from the hug suddenly and holds his hands up in surrender, “I’m sorry! I wasn’t going to do anything weird!” he said suddenly.

I blink lightly and then bust out into laughter, “HAH! I don’t think you have ever shown this side of you at school. Haha! Your so…random and…like a little kid” I said wiping the tears from my eyes. I laughed way more at that than I should have. I still chuckle lightly when I see him make a slight pouting face.

“…don’t tell anyone…” he says quietly.

I blink shocked but then nod, “um…alright…? I won’t tell your secret of being a kid?” I laugh lightly.

AhNiel rolls his eyes, “laugh while you can…I might act like a kid sometimes but I’m still old enough to easily kick your …don’t forget what I did to Shin” he said lightly.

I think for a second. The lightning fast move that made KyuShin piss himself…and…the high kick that saved me from having to do anything else; the sudden thoughts of that day brought a frown to my face.

AhNiel is suddenly hugging me again. “Hey…just forget it…you told me at the hospital you were moving forward anyways” he said to me.

I felt…slightly comforted? In a strange way…it was comforting to hear his words. It was strange how he seemed to read my thoughts for a moment. Before I knew what I was doing I pulled my arms to his back and leaned my head on his chest. I heard a sudden fast beating. Was it…his heart?

Why would his heartbeat fasten if I hug him back? Is he? Don’t tell me…AhNiel is gay?’ I yell into my own thoughts.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is AhNiel gay? Will JungMin figure out the meaning of AhNiel's fast heart beat?! Hope you like the update *^^*

 

MinHyun Out!!