Chapter 02

Heist Masters

 

The next morning, Amber woke up to the sound of her phone endlessly ringing on her desk. Amber quickly got up and answered the call.

“Gather your team and meet me at the head quarters.” The male voice spoke from the other end.

“Yes, sir.” Amber answered before the line was cut off.

Amber called for Victoria and passed her the message. Amber looked at herself in the mirror. She had dark circles and her hair was messed up as she had fallen asleep before her hair had even dried the night before. After getting dressed in all black, she grabbed for a black cap hung on the back of her bed room door and went down to the living room.

Sulli was sitting on the couch with a laptop on her lap with her eyes glued to the screen. Krystal lied on the couch looking like she was asleep. Victoria and Luna were walking out of the kitchen with food in their hands. Amber walked over to Sulli and peeked over her shoulder.

 “Any buyers yet?” Amber asked.

“So far, none yet. But I’m monitoring at the moment.” Sulli answered as she scrolls down the page.

“Make sure you don’t get caught.” Amber said.

“Don’t worry. It’s not the first time I’m doing this anyway.” Sulli exclaimed as she slammed the laptop shut causing Krystal to sit up from her position.

“Get up sleepy head.” Sulli screamed into Krystal’s ear before skipping next to Amber.

“Where’s Henry?” Amber asked.

“He told us to meet him there. Breakfast?” Victoria said raising a plate of sandwiches in front of her face.

“We should get going. We don’t want to be late for our first job in weeks.” Amber said as she grabbed the car keys and walked towards the garage.

“Onnie!! Wait for us!” Sulli called after her as she dragged Krystal along with her.

Victoria and Luna hurriedly stuffed their mouth and followed after them. Upon reaching the headquarters, Amber parked the black Range Rover opposite a white Lamborghini. Just as Amber got out of the driver seat, Henry too got out of the white Lambo. The both of them exchanged awkward glances before the entire team walked into the high rise building.

The six of them reached at a large office. A man sat in a leather swivel chair with his legs crossed and a pipe in one hand. The entire team bowed to him in acknowledgement before he stood up from his seat and walked over to the front of his large desk. He looked at the entire team from Amber to Luna who was standing at the end.

“All of you have been inactive for weeks. Do you think your team is still functional?” He said as if to no one before his eyes laid on Amber.

“I know my team well. We’re always on our toes.” Amber answered confidently with an expressionless face.

The man smirked as he leaned against the desk before blowing out a cloud of smoke from his lips.

“Well then, make sure you don’t disappoint me.” He said as she passed Amber a file.

“Your next job is to get those jewels back.” The man continued as he sat down in his leather seat.

“Back?” Amber questioned.

“Yes, back. Those jewels were recently stolen from Hadal Jewels’ archives a week ago and we suspect that the man in that picture sent a team to break into their system.” He said as his voice started to turn tense.

“But I thought their system was impenetrable.” Henry voiced out.

“But it seems that his team had figured out a way to get in and I want all of you to find a way to steal them back. Hadal is betting on a lot of money in order to get those back. So, make sure you don’t screw this up.”

“If there are no more questions, you can leave.” He said as his hands shooed them.

The entire team bowed to him and left the office.

“Assa!” They heard Sulli yell as soon as they got out.

All five of them turned to her to see her eyes glued to her smart phone.

“We just earned ourselves 500,000 USD baby.” Sulli announced as she showed them her phone.

Amber just smirked as she turned and started heading towards the lift.

Upon reaching their mansion, all of them gathered in the large meeting room they had. Amber straight away spread the sheets of paper on the table and pinned the pictures of the culprits and the jewels on a white board. The rest took their seats around the round table and waited for Amber’s directions.

“Alright, we need to know how much this jewels are worth so Vic and Krystal start studying these and let me know as soon as possible.” Amber said poking on one of the pictures of a crystal necklace.

“So pretty. I wish they were mine.” Krystal said as she raised the picture in the air staring at it.

“Sulli, find out if any sell and buy activities are going on for this jewels. If there is, stop them.” Sulli nodded her head and straight away opened up her laptop that she had been holding on to.

“Luna, I want you to gather as much information on him. Spy on him and get Sulli as your back up. Henry and I will pay Hadal a visit first.” Amber said.

Everyone dispersed after the meeting off to doing their own thing. Amber dropped herself on the seat and stared at the pictures and documents lay out in front of her. Her fingers tapped on the picture of Hadal Jewels Archive center. The building was large and strong. Anyone could see that it was highly protected with the structure of the building.

“Should we get going?” She heard Henry’s voice from behind her.

“Sure.” Amber answered as she stood up.

In the garage, Amber headed for the same black Range Rover parked by the entrance but Henry stopped her.

“We’ll l take my car.” Henry said plainly as he walked towards his white Lamborghini parked at the porch.

Amber fiddled with the keys in her hands before she headed towards where Henry was. Amber quietly got in and pulled her cap down as she stared out the window. Neither said a word as the situation in the car had an awkward ambience.

“You’re just gonna keep being that way?” Henry asked.

“What do you mean?” Amber questioned him, her eyes still focused towards the road outside her side of the window.

Henry didn’t answer her and the situation continued to be quiet and tensed. Amber herself wasn’t sure what to say next. After staring and dazing off for a while, Amber hadn’t realized that they had reached their destination until Henry nudged her. Amber looked up at Henry and realized it was the first time for the day that she had finally looked directly at him. Henry’s face bore no expression and he only nodded in the direction outside the car before he got out. Amber looked out the window and the Hadal Archive Center building was right in front of them. Amber unbuckled her seat belt and too got out.