Chapter 01

Heist Masters

 

Victoria stood by the bar with a glass in her hand as she leaned against it. Her short dress barely reached her knees and it perfectly accentuated her curves. Her eyes darted across the crowded dance floor. Instead of looking at attractive young men she was staring at their clothes, shoes and even accessories. The colourful lights blared at odd places and it gave her a headache. She sighed and drank down her glass. Just then, she felt a presence close next to her body.

“Hey.” A male voice whispered into her ear.

Victoria tried to control her expression and slowly looked over her shoulder. Next to her a young attractive man stood next to her real close to her body.

“Hi.” Victoria answered with a soft smile etched on her face as she slowly twisted her body to face him.

He had one arm rested on the bar top right behind her and another holding onto a glass of whiskey. He flashed her one of his one million dollar smile. Victoria tried acting shy and looked down at his hand that was placed on the bar top. Noticing the watch on his wrist and a ring on his middle finger, Victoria gently traced her fingers on his arm. She noticed him smirking at her like he enjoyed her physical touch. Without making much suspicion, Victoria grabbed his hand lightly and looked up at his face.

“Another drink maybe?” He asked her slowly taking the glass from her hand and making skin contact at the same time.

“Sure. I’ll be in the washroom. Make sure the drink’s ready when I’m back.” Victoria whispered in his ear as she lightly traced her fingers over his chest before leaving.

Victoria batted her eyelashes at him one last time before she turned around and confidently walked towards the back of the club where the washroom was supposedly to be at. Victoria looked around and spotted a person standing opposite the washroom door. Victoria walked over and leaned next to the person.

“Don’t you think you should join in the crowd next time? You look suspicious standing here you know.” Victoria said as she pulled out a box of cigarette from her clutch.

“Forget about me. What did you get?” Amber asked as her eyes stared towards a crowd of people.

“He’s by the bar with a sweet AP Royal Oak Grande Complication. Not much but worth a shot for tonight. And I took this, so you might want to be quick on that.” Victoria said showing off a gold ring on her thumb before heading towards the back door.

Amber cursed under her breath as started heading into the inner side of the club. Amber hated when Victoria did that. She’s always trying to pick what she likes first and leaves her to the rest of the mess to handle. Amber casually walked towards the bar and from afar she spotted a man drinking a glass of martini and an AP Royal Oak Grande Complication around his wrist. Amber smirked and walked over towards him when she noticed another girl approaching him.

“All the better.” Amber muttered under her breath as she started dancing around like she was drunk.

She edged herself closer to him and accidentally bumps into him and the girl. The man grabs for the girl and Amber decided to grab on his expensive wrist.

“I’m so sorry!” Amber apologized as she quickly slipped her hand into her pocket and pulled it out again.

“Are you alright?” The man asked the girl.

“I’m really sorry. You’re not hurt right?” Amber asked the girl.

The girl took one look of Amber’s face and soon enough her angry face turned into one that looked stunned. She nodded her head innocently and tried to smile but Amber could see her cheeks turning pink. Amber grabbed her arm and helped the man to help the woman up.

“I’m sorry for bumping into you. I should get going. The drinks are making me act all weird.” Amber said as she gave her an embarrassed smile.

“Here. My treat.” Amber said leaving a credit card on the bar top and left the both of them in the club.

As soon as Amber walked out of the club, the night air blew her hair as she smirked.

“You wouldn’t be smiling again if you knew who I really am.” Amber said as she headed towards a black BMW 6 Series parked next to a narrow alley near the club.

Amber got into the passenger side and shut the door behind her. Victoria was seated in the driver’s seat and was looking at herself through the mirror.

“Stop it. Let’s go already.” Amber said and slapped the mirror shut.

Victoria gave Amber a nasty look before she started the engine and drove off.

“Did you get it?” Victoria asked excitedly.

“You know I always do.” Amber said cockily as she pulled out the watch form her pocket.

Victoria glanced at the watch in Amber’s hand and snatched it as she laid her eyes on it.

“Just keep driving will ya. You can check it out later when we get home.” Amber scolded as she snatched the watch back.

Victoria glared at Amber as she pouted before focusing on the road again. Amber traced her fingers around the watch before turning it over to realize something else.

“Damn it!” Amber yelled as she dropped the watch between her legs.

“What’s wrong?” Victoria asked as she pulled the car to the side of the road.

Amber brushed her hand through her hair in frustration.

“That freaking dude has his initials on this f***ing thing.” Amber said as Victoria snatched it out of her hands bewildered.

“Is there a way to cover that up?” Amber asked suddenly.

“Are you crazy?! They could easily tell if we were to cover this thing up. Carvings in a jewellery can be easily detected by experts!” Victoria answered as she started eyeing the piece of watch in her hand.

Amber sighed in defeat as she leaned in deeper into her seat.

“Let’s just get home.” Amber said as she grabbed the watch from Victoria’s hands and dropped it into the clutch Victoria had with her ealier.

The both of them silently drove back to the mansion they lived in. After parking the car in the garage, Amber got out of the car and went to the front door and allowed her and Victoria in after entering a pin code.

“Onnie!! How was today? Did you get a lot?” Sulli started asking as soon as they got in.

“Tonight was such a waste. Next time, we’re never going back to a useless place like that anymore.” Amber grunted as she dropped herself on the couch.

Victoria sighed and walked over to the couch.

“Sulli ya, go get my stuff and call Luna for me.” Victoria said and as she opened up her clutch.

Sulli nodded her head and hurriedly went off to do what Victoria had told her to do. Amber sat on the couch as she watched Victoria lay out the things she had stolen for the day. The AP Royal Oak Grande Complication was the first to be laid out before a several gold rings and a few diamond encrusted ones were laid out.

“Here. Check if they’re real.” Victoria said and tossed a wallet into Amber’s lap.

Without hesitating Amber opened up the wallet and pulled out the several credit cards and some cash.

“This person sure brings along a lot of cash.” Amber said when she found out that the cash amounted to almost 5000 USD.

Amber pulled out her phone and dialed a number before she placed it next to her ear as she waited. Soon enough, Sulli comes over to Victoria’s side and laid out her tools. Luna who had followed after Sulli too sat across from Victoria.

“Here. We found out that this one has initials carved into it. Check whether there’s anything you can do to make it look new.” Victoria said handing her the watch.

Luna quietly took the watch and started to examine it. Victoria then grabbed for the microscope eye piece and put it on before she started examining each and every ring.

“Sulli, jot this down.” Victoria said as Sulli enthusiastically grabbed for the paper pad and pen.

“Henry says he’ll be here soon.” Amber said as she tossed her phone to her side.

When no one seemed to respond to her, Amber picked up the wallet and phone as she got off the couch and headed towards her room. As she walked, Amber kept going through each and every one of the credit cards. Some looked worn out and some looked slightly new. When she reached her room, Amber dropped all the things on her desk and stripped down her clothes.

On the way into the bathroom, she grabbed the towel hanging by the door and went in to take a shower. Despite the fact that she hadn’t drink at all that night, the smell of alcohol lingered around her body. After a long hot shower, Amber got dressed into comfortable clothes and roughly dried her hair with the towel. As she was slowly getting out of the bathroom, she noticed a figure sitting at her desk with his legs resting on her desk.

“When did you get here?” Amber asked as she frowned.

“Few minutes ago while you were in the shower.” Henry said with a credit card between his lips.

Amber shoved Henry’s feet of her desk before walking over to her bed. Henry glared at Amber before he grabbed for the device lying on the desk.

“Have you checked them all?” Amber asked as she lied down on her bed.

“It seems that this man had probably gone over his limit on some of his cards. You can’t possibly do anything with it.” Henry said and tossed them on the table.

“Well, is there any that we can still use?” Amber asked with her eyes closed.

“We can maybe still use this two. I’d just have to alter the card.” Henry said as he sat down next to Amber while he waved the cards in front of her face.

“Good. I might need another one.” Amber said.

“What about the one I gave you the other day?” Henry asked as he played with Amber’s wet hair.

“I had to use it just now.” Amber answered simply pushing Henry’s hand away.

“You barely use any of them for more than a month.” Henry complained as he inched closer towards Amber.

“I’d get caught if I’d use them any longer don’t you think?” Amber said opening her eyes.

“Why would you?” Henry asked as he inched his face closer to hers.

“What are you trying to do?” Amber asked as she placed her hands on his chest to distance them.

“Just stay still.” He whispered as he pushed her hands away and kissed her on the lips.

“Can we not do it tonight?” Amber said when Henry released her.

“I’ve missed you.” Henry whispered as he kissed her neck.

“Henry! Please.” Amber said gritting her teeth as she pushed him away.

Amber got off her bed as she walked over to the door. Henry was still on her bed and stared back at her with eyes that looked like it was hurt.

“I just…. I’m not in the mood right now. So, just… Why don’t you go for now.” Amber said opening the door as she avoided eye contact with Henry.

“Fine.” Henry answered coldly as he got off the bed as he slipped the credit cards into his jacket pocket.

“I’ll let you know when it’s done.” He said as he walked out of her room.

Amber sighed and as she closed the door. Work has been stressful and it was affecting their relationship. It made her think whether it was a good idea that they had come into this kind of relationship after years of being best friends.