Chapter 03

Heist Masters

 

Two big build men in black suits blocked their entrance as soon as they reached the entrance. Amber glared at the man at her right whom probably stood at about six feet tall.

“Excuse me.” Amber hissed at him.

“You’re not allowed in without prior appointments.” The man at her left said.

Amber sighed as she smirked looking down at her feet and then back at the man. Amber felt annoyed by the fact that this two man were trying to obstruct her work. Her hands silently slipped into her jacket pocket and her fingers felt the cold metal lying in there before she gripped tightly at it's handle edge. She was about to pull it out when she felt Henry’s hand on her arm.

“I’m from LAU Corp. I have an important business with your boss.” Henry said as he smiled.

The two men stared at Henry before their eyes laid on Amber’s hand that was deep in her pocket.

“Ah, I apologize. My bodyguard is slightly sensitive when you try to obstruct her duties.” Henry explained like it was the most logical thing.

The two men exchanged glances but still wouldn’t budge.

“Do you need me to confirm it?” Henry asked noticing their doubts as his hand automatically pulls out his phone.

Henry made a quick call and Amber wasn’t sure if it was a real or fake. Henry had lots of connections and Amber couldn’t keep track of them all.

“Mr. Ha! Our meeting is still on right? Yes… I’m just right outside your building but there seem to be a little misunderstanding here.” Henry said through the receiver.

Henry said a few yes-es and nodded his head before he ended the call. Not long enough to be five seconds, one of them man seem to receive some sort of order through his ear piece that made him whisper a loud yes.

“We apologize for the trouble.” The man said clearing his throat as he cleared the entrance.

Amber glared at the both of them before he hands finally released the thin, slick metal in her pocket. The two of them finally walked into the large and plain looking lobby.

“You should really consider controlling your anger next time.” Henry said as he pressed the elevator button.

“Are you telling me what to do now?” Amber said as she looked up at him unsatisfied.

“It’s really for your own good.” Henry slipped his hands into his pants pocket and walked into the elevator when the door opened for them.

Amber rolled her eyes and walked in after Henry. It took a few minutes when the elevator made a ‘ding’ sound and the elevator doors slide open. Amber stepped out and looked left and right before she walked towards the door most likely to be the office. It wasn’t hard to guess as two large man as large as the once guarding the entrance downstairs. The office door was also two times bigger than the rest. Contrary to how it was earlier, the two large men stood in their place stationary. Like a boss, Henry pushed the door open as Amber looked back between the two men as she walked in after Henry. The both of them walked in and stopped just about a few meters away from the large desk.

A man sat behind the desk busily looking through papers. From a glance he looked like any typical businessman. He tilted his head and stared at Henry before he took of his pair of reading glasses and rested them on the desk.

“I’m guessing LAU Corps isn’t the real reason that you’re here.” His said as he looked up from Henry before he steadied his gaze down at Amber’s.

“No we’re not.” Amber said as she stepped forward.

“So what brings you here?” The man asked.

Amber took a quick glance at his name plate before continuing what to say.

“I bet you want back your jewels Mr.Ha?” Amber asked.

Henry continued to stand behind her quietly keeping an eye on everything around the room without looking the slightest bit suspicious. Henry realized that Mr.Ha owned a lot of bodyguards. This big built men dressed in black was pretty much everywhere in this whole entire building.

At the mention of the word jewel, the older man behind the desk’s gaze hardened before he let out a hearty laugh.

“I bet Mr.D sent you.” Mr.Ha said as he nodded his head in approvingly.

“We need to know how they managed to get through your system.” Amber said with an unchanging expression.

“Where’s the introduction? Don’t you think it’s good manners to be starting with introductions little missy?” Mr.Ha talked to Amber like she was a little kid.

It made Amber smirk but decided that harming that old man wasn’t going to do good to their job.

“The name’s Amber and his Henry.” Amber said as she pointed a thumb at Henry.

“I know him.” Mr. Ha nodded with a sly smile.

“So tell us. How did those man break in?” Amber asked again.

“Hold on. Before I tell you there are some people I want you to meet.” Mr. Ha said before he nodded towards his man standing by the entrance.

The door was opened and a group of young man similarly dressed in black walked in. There was exactly five of them and from Amber’s eyes she knew they were probably as young as she was.

“Meet my team.” The older man said as he nodded towards the group of young man.

Amber eyed each and everyone them. All of them gave her an odd ambience but the one standing in front of everyone seem to attract her. He bore no expression on his face and stood straight with his hands clasped together. Amber could clearly see that each and every one of them had an earpiece in their ear.

“What is this?” Amber asked turning towards Mr. Ha.

Amber somehow didn’t like the sudden appearance of this team of his. She felt suspicious and uncomfortable.