New Friends

For Infinity

Myungsoo’s P.O.V.

After Sunngyu left, I took over and watched over Sungyeol. It was already passed midnight and the time seemed to creep by way to slowly. Sungyeol’s fever hadn’t gone down even in the slightest bit. However, it didn’t increase either so my heart was at rest. I sighed and a sweaty string of hair away before dabbing the cold towel against it lightly, wiping away his sweat. He looked so vulnerable, so pitiful. Seeing Sungyeol like this did something to me, I can’t really put my finger on it, but it stung.

I dropped the wet towel into the ice water and got up. I headed downstairs towards the kitchen to get myself something to drink. I grabbed a glass out of the dishwasher and rinsed it before grabbing a bottle of grape juice out of the fridge.

“ahhh~” I sighed as I gulped down my juice “seriously Sungyeol.....why’d you have to go and get sick like this?” A yawn escaped my mouth and I tried to rub the stiffness out of my neck. I placed my empty glass in the sink and closed my eyes as I leaned against the kitchen counter.

He’s such an idiot…with his cute hamster cheeks…I chuckled lightly and blinked…his what?..

I got smacked out of my daze as a bloodcurdling scream filled the hallway. My eyes shot open as I recognized the voice, it was Sungyeol. I sped up the stairs and hurried towards his room. I opened the door to find Sungyeol sitting up in his bed sweating and panting heavily with his eye wide open, tears running down his face.

“Yah…” I ran towards him as he looked up at me and threw his arm up trying to escape from what he had just seen. He gripped my shirt fiercely and I pressed him against my chest, his whole body trembling against mine.

“ssshhh” I tried to calm him down and started cradling him “it’s oke, it’s oke, I’m here. It was just a dream... just a dream...ssshhh” I placed my hand on his forehead but his temperature still seemed the same. I reached out to the towel and wringed the water out with one hand before dapping it on his forehead, removing the sweat drops that were running down his face.

“What the hell was that…” a sleepy groan emerged from the door opening. I turned my face only to meet a sleepy Dongwoo, who seemed to have fallen out of his bed. Behind him Sunggyu’s worried face showed up as well as Woohyun’s “What happened? Is he oke?” Sunggyu spoke and walked up to me.

I nodded slowly “He’ll be fine…I think he had a nightmare or something…. I was downstairs when I heard him.” I looked up at him and he frowned.

“Again?” he asked and this time I frowned

“Yeah….” I sighed and looked down at Sungyeol, who had already fallen asleep again.

“But it’s oke now, you need some rest too, go to bed. He’ll be oke. I’ll check up on him later” Sunngyu offered but I shook my head.

“I’m not leaving him like this” I said and looked up at him “I’m oke hyung, really. Go sleep” I smiled softly

Sunggyu kept silent for a few seconds but then nodded. “Don’t make it too late though…we don’t want two sick eggplants in the house” he joked and they left

I watched them leave and turned back to Sungyeol. His face was still a bit red but it was peaceful, his mouth slightly open as he breathed evenly. Carefully, I placed him back under the sheets and dapped the cold towel on his forehead.

“You won’t be able to remember anything tomorrow...as always” I whispered as I his warm cheek.

Yeah, this happened before, many times before. Every time Sungyeol caught a fever, he would wake up screaming and panting. He would cry and fall asleep and not remember anything the next morning. It really worried us because we had no idea what it was that would make him wake up like that, we had no idea what would scare him so much and we had no idea what we could do to make it stop.

We had no idea at all…

Sungyeol’s P.O.V.

A grown escaped my lips as I slowly awoke to the throbbing pain in my head. I tried to lift my hand up to my head but I felt a weight on it. I opened my eyes and looked down. Someone was holding my hand while resting their head on it as well. I blinked a few times and noticed it was Myungsoo.

“Myung…” my eyes went wide as I felt my heart beat speed up. I looked around the room and the sun peeking through the window told me it was already morning. I sat up using my free hand, my head still trobbing.

“hmmmm~” I heard and I looked down at Myungsoo. He lifted his head and looked around and then up at me, his mouth stretching out in a yawn. My breath hitched and I stared at him.

“Ah, Hyung...are you oke?” he asked as he got up and sat down on my bed while he placed a hand on my forehead. The sudden move startled me and I pulled away and looked down.

“What’s wrong?” Myungsoo said as he placed his hand on my forehead again “your fever seems to have gone down...how are you feeling?”

“F-fine…my head hurts though..” I slightly frowned and looked up. His dark orbs examined me carefully, I could hear his soft breathing.

“Do you remember what happened?” he asked as he leaned back and looked at me worriedly

“I got sick..?” I asked “No…Sunmi got me sick”

He chuckled and I looked up at him in question but he just smiled and touched my cheeks.

“Your cheeks are still a bit red though...” he frowned “are you sure you’re oke?”

I nodded slowly and he smiled again and got up. “You want something?” he asked as he grabbed the bucket of water that was on my drawer. I shook my head again.

“Cat got your tongue?” he chuckled

I glared at him.

“arraso, arraso” he smiled again and left the room

As soon as I heard the door click behind him I threw my sheets over my head, grabbed my pillow and pulled my legs up to hug my pillow in between me and my legs…Was he with me all night?..no he wouldn’t, Sunggyu hyung was with me…right?… I bit into the pillow and squeezed my eyes shut …Did he stay up all night, just for me?... I opened my eyes as my heart raced against my chest ...ahh my head hurts… is sighed as the pain continued to spin through my head.

“Sungyeol?” I heard a voice  and I threw the sheets off me hurriedly. I looked up at Sunggyu who was standing in the door opening. “Yeah?” I blinked

“Are you feeling oke?”  He asked with a concerned look on his face

“Ye.. I’m oke hyung, thank you” I smiled softly “

“hmm.. go take a shower, the water will do you good” he said with a soft smile

“I will” I nodded softly and he left the room

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“Sungjong oppa!” a girl called from behind and I turned around

“Ah..Jinri-ah, good morning” I smiled

Choi Jinri, or Sulli as most call her, my classmate and friend since first year of senior high, probably my best friend in school too I guess. 

“Annyeong~!” she said as she locked my arm with hers “did you study for the test?”

“Ani..I forgot” I lied.

“I forgot too and I’m so screwed! If I fail this test my mom’s gonna take my phone away” she whined

“It’ll be fine” I said “just remember your homework”

“yeah I could do that... If I ever made my homework!” she glared at me and let go of my arm “I’ll see you in class oke?”

And with that said she ran off to her locker. I chuckled as I watched her go and turned towards my own locker. When I opened it, my eye fell on an envelope that was lying on top of my school shoes. I blinked a few times and took it out of my locker with one hand while I changed my shoes with the other. I flipped the envelope around a few times, taking a good look at it. My eyes widened when I noticed what letter it was and I looked around me. I quickly hid it in my bag and found my way to the boy’s restroom to read it.

When I locked the door behind me I leaned against it and took it out of my bag. The envelope was scented, pink and my name was written on it with a lot of curls and hearts...a love letter. The frown on my face didn’t hide the fact that I was very much confused about this letter as I ripped it open. I was even wondering if they got the right Sungjong.

~~

Dear Sungjong,
Meet me on the rooftop of the school during lunch
I have something to tell you...
Xx

~~

--

As soon as the math test ended and our teacher announced the lunch, I grabbed my bag with the letter in it and found my way to the rooftop of the school. When I got there, there were two scary looking guy’s standing at the rooftop entrance. The moment they saw me they stepped aside smiling and as I passed then I heard one whisper: “lucky bastard”

I frowned lightly as my head chocked to the side in confusion. I started to get real nervous now, who in the world would have two guys watching her back. I stepped on to the rooftop and I saw a girl standing at the other side, I couldn’t see who it was so I walked up to her nervously. The crisping sound of the grind under my feet made her turn around and I abruptly stopped moving when I saw who it was.

“You came” she said as she smiled her million dollar smile at me “I was afraid you weren’t gonna to come”

I.....didn’t know what to say....nor what to think...as the most popular girl in school, Lee Ji-Eun, was standing there, looking at me with her dark, fairy like eyes.

“I-I..I think you g-got the wrong p-person” I said as I stared at her

She laughed, her laugh sounded like little bell, this girl was perfect in every way. Or so everyone in school said.

“Ani” she said as she looked back up at me “I got the right person, I called you here because I want to tell you something....” her pink cheeks slowly turned red as she looked at her shoes….oh no…no…no… I blinked a few times, trying to find words before she spoke, but I had none.

“I” she stared “I....I like you!”

…Oh crap....

“I’ve liked you ever since the first year of senior high”

…Please stop....

“But I was afraid to tell you” She looked up at me nervously but then giggled.

I noticed my mouth was hanging open so I closed it as I tried to get my thoughts straight. There was not much I could get out of it except for: what in the world.....just happened....?

Ji-eun started fumbling with the rim of her jacket. I knew she was waiting for me to answer her. But how could I…

“I...” I stared, feeling my guts drop to my feet

She looked up at me with hopeful eyes.

“I...I’m sorry......” I said and Ji-eun’s eyes widened “I-I appreciate your feelings, I really do…and I would gladly except them but I’m afraid I can’t return them....I already have someone I like....”

“A-ah...ye...miss Choi Jinri?” she asked, her voice was a little croaked. I could see the disappointment overflowing in her eyes.

“A-ani...Jinri is just a good friend” I said as I shook my head slowly “Honest..”

“Then... do I know her” she asked again

“Ani...that person doesn’t go to this school” I said “They already go to college....I’m so sorry…”

“Ani!” she said “It’s oke...I should’ve been faster..”

“No...I really am sorry...but... I wouldn’t mind to be friends with you....?” I tried

Her eyes lit up as she looked up at me, she grabbed her phone out of her bag and walked towards me. I saw her rub her eyes and I flinched because I knew she was wiping away tears.

“then…c-can i...have your p-phone number..?” she asked nervously “I’d love to be friends with you, to be closer to has always been my wish since I saw you...so…

“Sure...” I smiled softly and I saw a smile appear on her face again.

After we were done exchanging our number’s I lifted up my hand and looked at her. She looked down at my hand, back at me and back at my hand again, her smile widened as she knew what I meant and she grabbed it and shook it.

“Have you eaten lunch?” she asked

“Ani..” I shook my head

“Wanna eat lunch together?” she asked with a hopeful tone in her voice

“Sure~” I nodded and we sat down on the ridge and stared eating our lunches.

--

“I’m Home~!” I said as I closed the door behind me

“Welcome back!..How was school?” I heard his voice say

I smiled and looked up at the smiling face of the boy that stole my heart away a few years ago.

“I made a new friend” I said happily and I started to tell the story.

290872prjek2pxqf.gif290872prjek2pxqf.gif
A/N: Sungjong, you stupid idiot!
Upvote, Subscribe, Leave comments~♥ Tell me what you think of my rewriting up to now~