Corpse Bride

For Infinity

3rd P.O.V.

While the morning had started off beautifully, the sky was slowly starting to cover itself with dark clouds as the clock ticked passed noon. Little droplets of water soaked the pavements, forming small puddles on the uneven parts of the street.

Sungyeol sighed as he looked outside....freaking serious…he ran a hand through his hair, slightly irritated. This morning he left the house without an umbrella because of the seemingly nice weather. Never had he been so wrong.

The teacher dismissed the class and he gathered his books and laptop before leaving the college room in a slump. It was his second and last college of the day and he had planned to head towards his sick cousin after class. He stood under the shed at the entrance of the school, hoping fiercely that the rain would stop. But he knew as well as everyone else that it wasn’t going to any time soon.

He grunted and grabbed his bag as he placed it on top of his head. He was about to sprint into the rain when he spotted a familiar face appearing at the college gates. His heart jumped and skipped a beat as the figure approached, his eyes locked with Sungyeol’s.

“Yo…” Myungsoo said as he hid under the shed and closed his umbrella “Done already?”

“Hey” Sungyeol smiled “Yeah…I only had two lectures..”

Myungsoo nodded and frowned “you didn’t bring your umbrella?” he asked as he nudged towards the bag Sungyeol was still holding over his head.

“eh?” Sungyeol blinked and lowered his bag quickly, blushing lightly as he shook his head “I didn’t know it was going to rain…not like this anyway” he looked back at the pouring rain when he felt something nudge his arm. He looked down and saw it was Myungsoo’s umbrella and he looked up.

“Take mine, you’re going to see Sunmi right?” Myungsoo said dryly

Sungyeol blinked and looked at the umbrella again “What? But…what about you then?”

“It’ll probably be over by then. And if not then Woohyun hyung will have one. We finish at the same time.” Myungsoo answered and pushed the umbrella into Sungyeol’s hand “It’s oke hyung, go.”

He turned and walked into the building “and say hi to Sunmi for me!” he waved with the back of his hand and disappeared.

Sungyeol stood there, stunned, staring at nothing…he never changes does he?... Something fluttered and Sungyeol blinked and shook his head lightly. He turned around and opened the umbrella Myungsoo had given him and stepped into the rain, a fuzzy feeling running through his veins like warm honey.

--

“I’m home!” shouted Sungyeol as he closed the door behind him. He placed the dripping umbrella in the umbrella rack and hung up his jacket before sliding out of his shoes.

He didn’t get any reply and called again as he headed into the living room. He placed his bag on the kitchen table and frowned and looked at the ceiling…maybe she’s sleeping?... he went back and headed up the stairs and knocked on Sunmi’s door. Nobody answered and he placed his hand on the knob “Sunmi…I’m coming in…” With that said he opened the door and peeked inside, a cold breeze sliding over his face. He looked around but no one was in the room. The bed was left undone and a few pieces of clothing were scattered all over the floor. Sungyeol frowned and stepped inside.

“Sunmi?” he called, a little confused as he walked towards the window and closed it.

“Oppa!” he heard a voice coming from the hallway and turned around

“Sunmi?” Sungyeol went back to the hallway but saw nothing, until he heard coughing come from the bathroom.

“Oppa, I was taking a shower, could you close my window for me?” Sunmi’s hoarse voice sounded from the bathroom

“Oh…I already did...” Sungyeol sighed “why was it open in the first place?”

“My room smelled like something dead…” Sunmi said dryly and Sungyeol suppressed a laugh and smirked instead

“Right…” he shook his head “Did you have breakfast yet?”

“No…I’m not really hungry….and I’m most probably going to throw it up anyway…” Sunmi answered as the bathroom door unlocked and she walked out with a bathrobe on. She had just gotten out of the shower but honestly, she still looked like . Her eyes were bloodshot and puffy, dark circles forming under them. Her nose was slightly red but the rest her face was a pale as that of a ghost.

“You look like corpse bride…” Sungyeol stared at her

“ you” Sunmi coughed and entered her room

“I’ll go make you some tea” Sungyeol said and headed downstairs, returning a while later with a tray with two cups of tea. He entered Sunmi’s room and placed the tray down on the desk, taking Sunmi’s honey lemon tea of it.

“Sit up” he ordered as he walked towards the king-size bed while blowing the tea softly. Sunmi sat up and placed her pillow against her headboard so she could lean on it. Sungyeol handed her her tea and walked back to grab his own before climbing on the bed carefully and sitting crossed legged across from his little sister.

“Thanks” Sunmi said and blew the tea softly

“What did you do to get this sick?” Sungyeol sipped his tea, hissing as he burned his lip.

Sunmi shrugged and carefully sipped hers too. “Ugh..” She gagged and coughed “Honey..”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes “It’s good for you, stop complaining” he took another sip of his tea, more carefully this time and sighed softly

Sunmi’s eyes narrowed and shot up at Sungyeol at the sound of the sigh. She examined him intently until their eyes met.

“What..?” Sungyeol blinked

Sunmi smirked lightly and chocked her head to the side “Did something happen?”

“huh? What..?” Sungyeol kept looking at her

“uhhhidunno….Myungsoo perhaps…?” she dryly said. Sungyeol kept quiet and his face gave him away “I know you too good oppa, you can’t hide from me. Just realize that. Please.” She smiled smugly “what’d he do?”

“Nothing..” Sungyeol frowned and sipped his tea again

Sunmi raised a brow as she kept looking at him. Sungyeol’s cheeks turned a shade of light pink and he smiled softly. “He gave me his umbrella…”

Sunmi blinked and hung slightly open “What…you left him without?”

Sungyeol nodded slowly “He said that he and Woohyun would walk back together”

“How old are you?” Sunmi spat hoarsely “why would you freak out over something like that…he just gave you his umbrella because he knew he would have a backup. If it wasn’t for Woohyun you’d be soaking wet right now”

Sungyeol knew that, he knew that very well actually. But there was no need for Sunmi to go and pop his bubble. His shy smile faded and he looked down as he held onto his cup resting on his lap. “I know that..”

Sunmi sighed softly “I’m sorry…”

Sungyeol shook his head and looked at her “You’re right…it’s stupid..” his voice was soft and discouraged, almost as if he was at the verge of tears “Do you think he’ll ever notice?”

Sunmi shook her head “Not if you don’t tell him…”

“But I--

“Can’t do that, I know..” Sunmi said “I know…”

They kept quiet for a little while as they both finished their tea

“How’s Imo?” Sungyeol broke the silence as he got up and took Sunmi’s cup before placing them back on the tray.

“She’s good, working a little bit too much lately” Sunmi said with a slight frown

“Why..?” Sungyeol frowned and Sunmi shrugged. He chuckled and picked up the tray. “I’m gonna make you something to eat. Whether you like it or not” and with that he left the room and headed downstairs.

While the rice porridge was simmering, Sungyeol rinsed the dishes and placed them into the dishwasher. He cleaned up the kitchen and sat down at the table, waiting for the porridge to finish when his phone started ringing. He fished it out of his pocket and looked at the screen. ~Sunggyu~

“Oi Hyung” Sungyeol leaned back into the chair

“Hey, how are things there?”

“Oke…Sunmi’s half dead though..” he chuckled

“How is that funny?”

“She looks like corpse bride, I swear.” Sungyeol got up to stir the porridge “I’m making her some porridge right now.

“Good. I just called to check up on you. Send her my regards”

“I will” Sungyeol nodded “don’t wait up for me with dinner today”

“Ok” Sunggyu’s voice changed tone “and don’t you dare come back sick. Later~”

“I won’t..” Sungyeol rolled his eyes “Later”

He slid his phone back into his pocket and grabbed a bowl out of one of the cabinets. He scooped some of the porridge into the bowl and sprinkled some green onions on top. He placed the porridge on a tray and grabbed a spoon before heading upstairs.

“I made you some porridge..” He entered the room and walked towards the bed but stopped when he spotted his cousin…really?... “How can you fall asleep at a time like this..?” He sighed and placed the porridge on the desk. He walked towards Sunmi and tugged her in warmly before grabbing the porridge and heading back downstairs.

--

“What did I tell you?” Sunggyu sighed the following day as he dipped the towel into the ice water and placed it back on Sungyeol’s head.

“Mian..” Sungyeol coughed

Sunggyu chuckled and tugged Sungyeol in “Go to sleep…you need rest” he said and got up

“Thanks hyung..” Sungyeol said weakly and closed his eyes

“Don’t..” Sunggyu smiled softly and left the room

~

The fire was suffocating as the man tried to save the little child from the roaming fires around them. The child was crying and the man tried to calm the child down while finding his way to the front door. Outside he ran to the bushes, far away enough from the house, and put the child down while he tried to wipe the child’s tears away with his hands. Sirens could be heard from afar while the sound of crackling wood escaped from the house while thick, dark smoke rose up into the air.

“Look at daddy” the man said as he held his son’s face between his big hands “Look at daddy...Daddy is gonna go get Mommy oke?..You stay here and don’t move, Daddy will be right back oke?..stay right here, do you understand?”

The little boy nodded his head while tears kept streaming down his face as he sniffed and hicupped. The man planted a firm kiss on the child’s forehead and hid him behind the tree, the sound of the sirens were getting closer and closer. The man got up and ran back to the burning house disappearing into the flames once again.

“..appa...” the boy cried as he watched his father run “..eomma...EOMMAAAAAA~!”

~

290872prjek2pxqf.gif290872prjek2pxqf.gif
A/N: Eomma~ Ireumman bulreodo, wae ireohge gaseumi apeujyo ♫
Upvote, Subscribe, Leave comments~♥ Tell me what you think of my rewriting up to now~