Sarah's Korean Tour

A Month of Fall

Seoul, Korea

SORA can't believe that she's already in Korea and having a meal with Jae's family. She got really close to Jae's sister Hwa-young instantly.

"Oppa, I’m really glad that you invited Sora unni to stay with us." Hwa-young told Jae-hwa.

"I’m really happy as well that you are here Sora-ya. I hope you will enjoy your stay here. Just tell us whatever you like and I will prepare it for you." Jae's mom told Sora.

"Thank you very much. Jae is a very good friend of mine and I can't refuse him especially when it’s like this." Sora told Jae's family with a smile.

"Sora unni, are you going out with oppa tomorrow?" asked Hwa-young

"Yes we are." Jae-hwa said. "It's time for her to remember the land of the morning calm."

Sora was really happy to see how close Jae-hwa is to his family. She remembered that he was always telling stories about them when they were in college and how much he misses them.

The next morning, she woke up with the smell of coffee and when she went down she saw Jae's mom in the kitchen while Jae is sitting on the table holding a newspaper.

"Annyeong haseyo. Sora-ssi." Jae greeted her. "Have some breakfast. You should eat heavily because were going out the whole day."

"Good morning, Mrs. Park." she took a bow. "Good morning too, Jae." she greeted back to her friend.

"Aniyo." Jae's mother said. "You can call me omoni. You are my son's friend so it’s alright." she smiled at her.

They were almost finished eating their breakfast when Hwa-young came out of her room fully dressed.

"Where are you going Hwa-young?" Jae asked her sister.

"Oppa, Im going with you today. I want to be with Sora Unni as well."

Sora looked at the two of them and said "It’s alright Jae. We can take her with us. The more the merrier, right?"

The three of them toured around and took a lot of pictures on the places they went to like in Geunjeongjeon and Lotte World. When it was time to go home, Jae's phone rang.

"Yoboseyo" then he mouthed "work" towards Sora and Hwayoung.

Sora played with Hwayoung while they waited for Jae to finish.

"I have to go to work because there was an emergency. Can we stop there for a while?" Jae asked the two of them.

"Can we come with you?" Hwa-young asked.

"Erm... sure but be sure you won’t loiter around the building though."

When Sora entered the building, she saw Hwa-young’s face light up and she smiled at Sora.

"This is where oppa works." then Jae-hwa called on her sister to walk with him.

"Stay close to me, Hwa-young. You might do something again like the last time."

While walking Sora didn’t notice that she is falling behind on following them so she sprinted to catch up when she bumped into a guy wearing a hooded jacket.

"Joh shim heh." the guy told Sora. She can’t see his face because he got the hood on his head. She bowed her head and said,

"Sorry, I was not..." she held back and wondered if this guy can understand her.

"Ah... erm.." she tried remembering her Korean but the guy just nodded to Sora and went on his way.