An Invitation

A Month of Fall

Sarah's POV

I never expected a call from Jae. It’s been a long time since I last talked to him. Park Jae-hwa and I were classmates when he studied in the same university as I am. We became really close despite having different courses. He's also Korean.

My name is Sarah Kang, well that's my English name. My Korean name is Sora.

My family migrated from Korea when I was just 10 years old when my father, who is working as an Engineer, ordered to be transferred by his superior to the United States. And I haven't been back ever since.

My friend and I decided to meet in Starbucks near our university and I was sipping my cafe Americano when I saw him enter the shop.

"How have you been, Sarah? I missed you a lot." Jae said first.

"I missed you too. It’s nice to see that you're back." I replied.

Jae looked really good. He doesn’t wear glasses anymore. Maybe he wears contacts now and he dresses really well. I think if an agent of our company sees him he will pass as a model right away.

"Sorry. I was really busy with work that I wasn't able to get in touch with you as much as I can."

Jae and I graduated in the same year but he was a year older than me. He took Engineering and I finished my course in Communication. I'm currently working as an In house photographer of LSM Modelling Agency while Jae told me he’s working in a big company in Korea.

"Sarah, you told me before that you are planning to take a month long vacation from work, right?" Jae suddenly told me.

"Yes I do. But I still have to complete my work this week before I can get it. Why?"

"Well I have a suggestion to where you can take your vacation."

I just stared at Jae and trying to fathom what he's thinking. We both like travelling a lot mostly to beaches during summer and to the tourist spots around US.

"Where would that be?" I asked him.

"Go with me in Korea.  I think it’s my turn to tour you around."
===========================================================
Jae's POV

"What? Are you really serious about that?" Sarah asked Jae. "Do you know how far Korea is from here?

"Yes I do. I'm from there, remember?" I said smiling at her. "I think that would be really good for you though and I wanna make up to you on the days we didn’t talk."

"Nah. I told you it’s alright but if you insist on that I might give it a go."

"You should and I know you will really like it there."

I'm really excited for Sarah too since it will be her first time to go to back ever since her family migrated. I really enjoyed my college days because of her and I'm going to make sure that she will feel the same when she gets there.