Chapter Two

Four Seasons of L: Summer

 

(Daehyun P.O.V)

“Busan, here I come.”

The blurred outside view had changed, lightened up by the sun which had just risen a few minutes ago. Finally, after three hours ride from Seoul! I took a deep breath, my heart skipped a beat. It had been a long time since I left my hometown. And now, the train was heading directly to Busan, which was just 50 kilometers away. Though this trip was only for my Summer break, but I really couldn’t wait to be arrived. I missed this city. I nearly forgot on how it felt like to be here, just like the past days when I used to live here.

Ergh okay, I used to be a loner back to the time when I was still in Elementary School. I was neither a bullied student or a bookworm. I didn’t give a to those who gave their over me being alone, instead I just walked off to find other places to be relaxed. I hated crowds. I hated to be around people. All I needed was just to be alone, and a beach near my home had always been my favorite spot. I usually went there after school. There was a pier and I loved to kill the boredom by sitting at the end of it. The waves and the ocean were the perfect view that could be clearly seen.

Actually, there would always be a group of girls playing at the shore. They usually played around or just sitting together, made up sand castles or just write out their names on the sand. I occasionally took a glimpse from the corner of my eyes. Among of them, there was a girl who had caught up my mind. Yes, she always got her hair ponytail-ed, and had the most beautiful smile I had ever seen before.

I would just saw him from a far, until one day, she approached me.

“Hi. S-so, I’ve been seeing you alone here. It will be fun if you play with us. Wanna join?” she asked. When I turned my head, it was the first ever time I had a flap on my stomach. I meant, her face was just a few inches apart. I could even see her brown eyes, her flawless heeks, and her pinkish lips, automatically made me look away so she wouldn’t able to see me being ashamed, or now I knew it called blushing. My ears would heat up, and my ears either.

“N-no, thanks,” I simply answered, which receiving an ouch from her. I looked around just to find out that she had stood up. “Ok, I wish we can play together.” By that, she walked off, leaving me alone.

Few weeks later, my parents told me that we would be moved to Seoul due to his work’s movement. I couldn’t help but agreed at this decision. I left this city with a heavy heart. But my life turned upside down as I lived in this capital city. I had grown up to be a normal teenager. I had learned many social things that I had never gotten before in Busan, thanks to my mom who had enrolled me to one of the most prestigious high school in the city. I had changed my appearance too, dyed my hair into a deep brown, and worked out at gym, and it turned out to be totally different; I had girls by my side and I got “Busan Wonbin” as my nickname. I loved flirting and there was no longer awkward feeling hung around. In spite of it, no one of them had a classification as my ideal type, no one but that girl whose face couldn’t get off from my mind. And I really hoped that I could bump into her during this summer break.

Was she still in here? I hope so. I even hadn’t known her name yet.

“Please release the tray because we will arrive within five minutes,” one of the attendants told me. I held up the tray as I took a look outside and voila, the Busan Station finally on sight!

The brakes sound ended the trip. I saw my uncle and my aunty had already waited for me at the station to pick me up once I stepped off the train.

My aunt immediately walked toward me before hugged me and landed a small peck on my forehead. “You’ve changed,” she widened her eyes, probably getting shocked to find out her beloved nephew had changed a lot. I just looked down as a hand suddenly patted on my shoulders. “Welcome again Dahyun,” it was my uncle. He also had changed a lot. His hair had turned into gray, and there were lot of wrinkles on his old face.

The ride to their house was fun. I shared a lot of things to them, and they also shared many stories of my past, how my childhood went by. As we chatted together, I couldn’t stop seeing the ocean through the window. Yes, even Busan people said that the beaches here weren’t as good as the other beaches in Korea, but they did give us so many nostalgic feelings once you left this lovely city. And that certain feeling which had been taking over me all these past years.

I used to live in the same neighborhood with my aunt’s house, and probably with the girl of my childhood. Our house just one block apart, and their house was in the end of the street, exactly on the outer line of the residence. The view was spectacular here. I occasionally visited their house just to enjoy the shore drom the upper balcony. My favorite beach was just some blocks away, which I could easily reached it within ten minutes by walking.

“Now take a rest Daehyun. If you need anything, just go downstairs ne?” my aunt said in front of the bedroom’s door I would sleep over on. I nodded before closed the door and lead myself to take a nap.