Close Yet Far

Protecting You Always

@Khunafan: Not left arm, but hand. (Close enough x) ) Well get used to Sunny being shy because she will be shy xD I like to change things up from other peoples' story characters personality for her. Sunny won't always be shy just only around new people and .. well I won't give you too much information. Keke Sunbyung is a slow progression and Yoomin will just be there. Yoomin and JeTi (did I spoil it?) are the only indirect couples there already. Handless Hyomin for the win! Thanks for keeping up :) 

@Dumbo_: Aw why the question mark after 'I like it.' Keke you'll love Yoomin, but you must wait for Sunbyung, my fellow LAMP. 


02 January 2013 ; Midnight

H Y O M I N' s Point of View

I have been restless. It's been a few hours already since they all decided to punish me by not letting me get a hand yet so I am basically stuck with a gauze wrapped around the stub of where my hand suppose to be.  I turned to my side and looked at Yoona's sleeping face (and before you ask, yes we share a bed.) and frowned, "I couldn't protect you.." I whispered.

"As long as you're safe, I'll be fine getting hit unnie." Yoona spoke. I was startled because I didn't think she would still be awake at this time considering she loves her sleep just as much as she loves food. "Unnie, I can't sleep if you keep moving around because of how fidgety you get without your hand." she said and opened her eyes.

"B-But-" I was silence when I felt weight being placed on my abdominal. I looked up into the eyes of my doe-eyed princess, "Y-Yoona, what are you doing?" I stammered and she leaned forward so that my head was trapped between her forearms and pressed her body against mine. "Y-Yo-Yoo-" I was stammering like crazy and I can feel my face burning and my heart racing.

"Hehe you're just too cute unnie when you're shy." Yoona teased and tapped me on the nose. I sighed and glared at her even though she just gave me an innocent look, "Sunny unnie said she will give you a new hand tomorrow so that means you MUST walk with me to school." she instructed. 

"Arasso princess." I replied.

Yoona smiled and I felt my heart pick up the pace. She laid down beside me with her arms wrapped around my waist and her face snuggled into the crook of my neck. "Go to sleep now unnie or else I'll be sure to ask them to put a plastic hand on it again ." she threatened.

"Arasso!" I nearly shouted, but I was immediately pinched on the side. I silently apologized, which is kissing her on the forehead, before closing my eyes. I didn't completely go to dreamland yet because my mind actually led back to the short, petite blonde I just met. 

"Sunny..Lee Sunny.." I thought and I felt my face grow hot just thinking about her name. "You're an interesting person..you were shy at first, concentrated with my hand, now you punished me by literally taking away hand privileges..I want to get to know you more Lee Sunny.." I thought. I sighed contentedly and pulled Yoona closer.

02 January 2013 ; Morning

I woke up being shaken awake and I saw Yoona staring at me. I groaned and flipped onto my stomach, "Five more minutes..." I muttered and buried my face into the pillow. Yoona sat on my back and something felt weird. "Princess..."

"Yes?"

"Are you not wearing any pants?" I asked with my face still buried into my pillow. Instead of getting a verbal response I felt her hands massaging my back, "Princess...get off me.." I muttered and again, didn't get a response. I moved my head to the side where I know we had a mirror closet close to our bed and surprise surprise..

Yoona was in one of my oversized shirts and was on my back with only my shirt and her undergarments. I sighed heavily and continued to stare at her for a few more seconds, "I'll get up once you change into your own clothes and out of mine." I said. Yoona smiled and pecked me on the cheek before running to the bathroom. I heard it lock and that was the time I actually decided to get out of bed.

"Aish choding." I muttered and walked out of the room. I was about to rub the sleepiness out of my face until I remembered that I did not have a hand with me, "Aigoo..I should hurry if I want to get my hand." I said and grabbed a bottle of water in the kitchen. I walked back to my shared room with Yoona and saw her struggling to tie a tie.

"Why?" I questioned and walked over to her. I wrapped my arms around her from behind and started to fix the tie for her, "Why must you look peppy today, Yoona?" I questioned and adjusted the tie so it was loose looking.

"Don't you remember unnie? Our school always wears peppy clothing every Wednesday." Yoona said and I had a pondering look on my face. I blinked for a while, "You look cute with your thinking face. I guess you really don't like showing up to school a lot." she giggled.

"Whatever, I don't want to attend if there will be a bunch of pep." I said and jumped back onto bed. I pulled the covers over my body, but it was immediately pulled off and I saw the angry look on Yoona's face. "Y-Y-Yoona."

"Get out of bed and get ready, we are leaving in fifteen." she said in a dark voice. I immediately ran to the bathroom and locked it, but realized something - something embarassing..

"Y-Yoona.." I stammered and opened the door just a crack. Yoona looked at me irritated and just nodded her head, "I kind of um..-" "Um what?" "Ineedhelptakingashowersincemyhandisgone." I spoke a bit too fast. Yoona just looked at me confused and I bit my bottom lip, "Can you help me take a shower?" I said a bit slower.

Yoona giggled, "Embarrassed much." she teased and walked into the bathroom with me. 

We got to school half an hour early and I was weirded out. This was my first time getting to school early nonetheless walking through the gates with Yoona for once. I groaned silently to myself everytime I looked down at my outfit. It wasn't a bad combination, but so much pep. I was trapped in a white collared shirt that was in the first two buttons from my collar with a loose black tie matched with a pair of blue denim jeans and white vans. 

"I'm suffocating." I whined with my head tilted back and both hands hidden within my grey coat. Yoona just rolled her eyes at me and pulled me along by the arms inside the school. "Ugh school!" I complained once more and just followed along while hearing whispers about me and Yoona.

We entered one classroom and I noticed it was completely empty besides the table laid out in front of Hyoyeon, Sunny, Seohyun, Jessica, Tiffany, and Dongwoon. Yoona pulled me over to them and she pulled my left arm out of my pocket, "Fix her. She has been complaining all yesterday after her time out."  she said and giggled.

"Oh yea, I kept hearing whining and whining." Jessica complained, "I almost told Tiffany to go fight Hyomin so she can shut up, but that sounded too mean so I just went back to sleeping." she said and Tiffany giggled. The two just started talking about something in English that I could not understand so I blocked them out and focused my attention on Kim and Lee.

"So..my hand?" I asked.

Sunny and Hyoyeon looked at one another. Hyoyeon smiled, "We'll give you your hand if you promise not to lose it again and foolishly destroy it." she explained and I looked at her before Sunny. I looked back at Seohyun and she nodded then at Yoona, "So are you in?"

"Am I in?" I asked Yoona. She nodded towards Sunny and I felt my hand being grabbed by some delicate fingers which sent some electricity through my body, but I ignored it. "Are there any adjustments?" I asked after taking a seat.

Hyoyeon and Sunny removed the gauzes and we all just watched them work their magic. Throughout that period of time of my hand getting fixed and upgraded; Taeyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung came in one by one. Some of Dongwoon's friends came by as well, but left after a few minutes and informing Dongwoon about something. Qri and Boram, my friends, found me and were shocked to find out I acutally came to school all peppy. As you can see, it was a long process.

"Done!" Sunny and Hyoyeon exclaimed after dabbing a towel around their faces. Sunny pulled her hand away from my arm and I felt some warmth leave my body, but I decided to ignore it as I was fascinated by the new hand. The metal that meets my skin was more secured and the hand was made out of titan steel that it looked like it could pack a punch.

Yoona wrapped her arms around me from behind and looked at my hand, "Wow!" she shouted a bit too loudly in my ear and I flinched. She quickly apologized and I nodded to acknowledge her apology. 

"My gosh..this is really amazing." I whispered while examining my hand. Dongwoon and Seohyun grabbed my hand and were examining it as well while just gawking at it. "Yah! I would like my hand back!" I shouted. 

"You can look at it all you want while we barely can! We aren't Yoona!" Seohyun and Dongwoon shouted and continued to examine my hand. I saw Seohyun's bad habit start to surface and I was scared, "Don't tremble unnie." she told me and sweetly smiled at me.

"There is one thing that you might hate Seohyun," Hyoyeon spoke up and held my wrist up gently. She pointed at the wrist part where the metal met skin, "This is a fastner that allows a special tool only Sunny and I own. You will not be able to get the hand off without Sunny or my permission." she explained. I jumped out of my seat and hugged her tightly.

"Are." "You." "Serious?" Dongwoon and Seohyun both asked slowly in a dark, irritated voice. 

I let go of Hyoyeon and looked over at my two dongsaengs. I giggled awkwardly before running out, abandoning my princess and everyone else, "Mianhe Dongwoon and Seohyun!" I shouted and ran up the stairs towards the roof. I opened the door and ran straight ahead, not looking and I crashed into Jiyeon. I  pushed myself up and noticed we were in an awkward position.

"Whoa Hyomin, I know you and Jiyeon are close, but please don't hurt the little girl." Soyeon teased and helped us up. I apologized to Jiyeon and turned around to make sure I was safe. I sighed happily and loosened the tie more. "I see you got a new hand."

"Yup! But the conditions were to show up and look like this." I replied while leaning on the railing. I tilted my head back and soaked in the warm sun that shined down upon my group, T-ara. 

Eunjung laughed, "At least you look adorable our automail companion." she teased while sitting on the ground. She was used as a pillow for Areum, our little alchemist, so she couldn't do what she always does - sharpen her dagger. "What did your princess do to you to get you in?"

"Helping me take a shower." I replied casually.

Everyone started laughing at me, but I just stuck my tongue out. I sighed contentedly while enjoying the warmth of the sun, "Hey Hyomin." Qri called. I looked lazily over at her and she got up from her spot beside Boram. She walked over to me and stood beside me while I just waited to hear what she has to say.

Lee Qri was one of the first people I met when I first enrolled here. I lost Yoona after getting distracted by the smell of delicious food and the sound of someone singing. I discovered that Qri has been in the same orphanage as I was and I never knew she was there because she was adopted after two weeks. I admit I was jealous, but if I didn't stay longer then I wouldn't have met Yoona. Qri is one of my closet friends, but she was more of a guidance umma I can go to and I told most of my past to her since she can relate more. Plus she is the protector of Boram and Areum.

I continued to stare at her lazily while still enjoying the sun and the feeling of a new hand. Qri leaned closer to my ear, "Did you know about the B-Bomb attack on the Moons last night?" I shook my head. She sighed like she feared for that answer, "Hyomin..you know what that means, right?"

"No.."

"It means that the Moons are close."


Hmm I put a lot of YoonMin and minor Sunbyung in here. I should change that..or what do you think? 

Comment and Subscribe.