Show Me

Protecting You Always

Second update barely reaching midnight for the day!


14 August 2001

H Y O M I N' s Point of View

"Huff Huff Huff You are getting good now Tiffany." I praised and dropped the kendo stick. The girl in front of me as well dropped her kendo stick and we collapsed at the same time to rest. "Oh sweet philiosopher stone, the ground is my heaven right now." I commented and cuddled with the ground. Tiffany looked at me and giggled.

Tiffany Hwang - or Hwang Miyoung - is the guardian and best friend of Jessica Jung - or Jung Sooyeon. She has been my partner for sword fighting training ever since I joined the Im clan and not to mention she was within my age range. She is mostly skilled with a gun or any long ranged weapon, but with closed ranged weapon let us just say it is as equally as bad as her dancing. Which says alot.

"Stop making fun of me, I know you love the ground right now as well." I teased and sat up right. I grabbed my water bottle and poured it on my head to feel more refreshed. "Ah the hot sun is relentless right now!"

"You tell me." Tiffany replied and took her own bottle and mimicked what I just did. We both sat in our spot just laughing at each other for no apparent reason, "We are so weird after training, right Hyo?"

"You have no idea." I giggled and approached my bag. 

I can feel Tiffany watching me, "It is not polite to stare Miyoung." I teased and pulled out Mamoru from my bag. I looked around and found a scrap metal on the ground near us. "In second thought, watch." I said and slammed the handle onto the metal. 

"Is that alchemy?" Tiffany asked in amazement when she saw a blade forming on the handle. I grinned and nodded, "Whoa! So it is true that you are now the contracter of the Mamoru, the family sword of the Ims." she shouted loudly and I rolled my eyes at her.

"You are so loud."

"You are so mean."

"I've been told."

"Oh have you?"

"Yah!"

We looked at each other for a second and started giggling. We stopped giggling after a while and stood up, "Want to spar?" I asked after pulling the newly formed Mamoru from the ground. "I got my sword."

"Instead of sparring, how about you tell me about your cool weapon?" Tiffany grinned and pulled me over to the wooden log. We sat down on it and Tiffany took the sword from me. "Is it true that you can form any blade from just placing the handle on that particular object?" she questioned.

"Yup from wood to blood." I replied and looked at the rusty blade, "The only problem is that I must wait at least a minute or two for the blade to form not to mention I must break the blade to form a new one." I explained to her and Tiffany just nodded her head.

"Alchemy is complicated." We both sighed and laughed.

There is another thing about Tiffany, she doesn't know the art of alchemy just like me. 

We spent another half an hour just training our sword defense after our teacher arrived. He taught me some new moves to do with the Mamoru and showed how I am able to get the blade forming reduced to thirty seconds. "Alright, you two are free to leave." he told us and left. I let out a sigh of relief and wiped the sweat running down the side of my head.

"I've been doing this for seven years already and yet I am still to get used to the endurance." Tiffany whined while we walked slowly back to the main village housing. We were in the back forest where training was always.

I looked at her and giggled, "I only done it six years and I'm used to it." I taunted and quickly ran off before HellFany was unleashed. She may be younger by a few months, but she is really scary when angered. 

"Yah! Park Sunyoung get back here!" She shouted and I heard tree branches being stepped on it. 

"Never Miyoungie!" I teased and continued to run without looking in front of me. I knew my way through the village though so I knew exactly that I was close by, but something or someone crashed into me and I did a front flip landing on my back.

"Oh my goodness Hyo- Ah! Jessica are you alright!" Tiffany shouted, ignoring me and going to her best friend slash person she protects. I groaned in pain and pushed myself up by my elbow, "Jessica, are you alright? Hyomin you hurt my princess!"

"Sorry." I apologized and kneeled on one knee trying to catch my breath, "Why are you in a hurry Jessica? I thought you never run." I asked and looked at the Jung trying to catch her breath as well.

"I-I-Its Y-Yoona." Jessica stammered and held her hand to her chest.

My eyes widen, "What happened to Yoona!" I shouted and quickly stood up on my feet.

Jessica was catching her breath before continuing, "I left Yoona alone on the bench and when I came back she was gone!" she shouted and looked guilty. I was scared and I didn't know what to think. "My job is to protect her and..damn it Sunyoung!" 

"Did you see anything suspicious?"

"I saw a black car driving east, but Hyomin it's too dan-" I ignored Jessica and ran off. Tiffany and Jessica were calling after me, but I ignored them and ran east from the bench Tiffany and I left the girls earlier. My foot was still weak even though months passed already since the ankle injury, but I ignored the minor pain being sent up my nerves. 

"Black car black car black car black car.." I thought to myself and looked around. I got irritated by my bag and threw it on the ground after taking Mamoru out. I looked around and took off in no general direction just following on instinct. "Princess, where are you? Please yell if you're in hearing range.." I prayed while running.

"Hyomin unnie!"

My prayers were answered when I heard a shrieking shout for help. I skidded to a stop, but lost my balance and fell on my back on the dirt road. I cursed in pain, but I got up and looked around, "Yoona!"

"Let go of me! Hyomin unnie! Where are you! Save me!" I heard her cry for help. 

I saw a black car drive into a dislocated area of the woods and I just had to follow. I followed with caution, but I knew I had to save Yoona before time runs out and soon regret. "Yoona! Where are you!" I shouted and walked passed an open field in between the trees. I turned to look there and I saw Yoona tied up in a chair with a gag in and she was shaking her head. "Yoon-" I stopped talking when I saw a knife be drawn to her neck.

"Hello Park Sunyoung, Miss Mamoru contracter." A man smiled and I stepped back. I looked around my surroundings and there was nothing I can trane to be my blade. "Aren't you going to come here and save Miss Yoona?" 

"Of course!" I shouted sounding arrogant, but I was secretly afraid for Yoona's life.

"Then come at us." He taunted. 

I darted my eyes around and found a glass shard in the bushes. I looked forward once again and found the man's backup drawing their guns right at me, "Ah!" I shouted and rolled into the bushes. I hid there for a second while attaching Mamoru and the glass together, "Hurry.." I whispered while watching the katana blade slowly form into my hand. 

"Get the girl." The man commanded.

I leaned my back onto the tree that was there and saw the blade almost done forming. I wasn't advanced yet to get the reduce timing formation, but I was getting there when I saw the tip slowly slide out of the glass. I breathed in and out, "Go time." I whispered when I saw the shadows start to hover above me. 

I turned my head and jabbed the katana recklessly before taking off the opposite direction. I got back into the opening and found that I was able to cut the side of the man. "Bullseye!" I teased and got into stance.

"That brat! Boss just leave the Yoo- alrighty then." The man cursed after he was flipped off by the boss. He looked back at me and pulled a gun out, "Sorry kid, but your time ends now." he said and started shooting.

"My time only ends when Yoona wants it to end." I stated and dodged the bullets the best I can. I got grazed here and there, but none of them really impaled me yet. "I may be only twelve, but I have a matured mindset." I said calmly and dashed at the man. I jumped up into the arm and slashed down onto his shoulder, not killing him yet.

"Damn it Jon! Use alchemy!" The boss holding Yoona shouted. My eyes widen in shock when I jumped back and looked at the man screaming in pain, "Jon use your damn alchemy!"

"Stop whining!" Jon exclaimed and clapped his hands together.

I felt something wrap around my foot and saw the tree roots. I looked at Jon and saw that he had a cocky smirk on his face, "Why yo-ah!" I shouted and felt myself being picked up and hung upside down. I lost my grip on Mamoru and watched it fall to the ground with a thud and crack. "Let me go!" I shouted and tried to reach the tree branch wrapped around my bad ankle.

"Isn't she fiesty boss Moon?" Jon asked while holding his shoulder and smirking at me.

I looked at Boss Moon and glared, "It's a Moon...I have to get Yoona out of here and fast.."  I thought and tried to squirm away. Jon slapped me across the face and I screamed in pain. "I hope you lose that arm!" I cursed and felt tears threatening to fall from my eyes. 

"Yea yea." Jon rolled his eyes and walked back to Moon. I looked around to find a way out, but instead I found Tiffany and Jessica hiding in the bushes while signalling me something. I tilted my head and Tiffany just held up her hand held personalized gun and I finally understood.

"Yah! Moon ahjussi!" I taunted while still trying to pull myself up to get to the roots, but I failed. I looked over at Boss Moon and he had an irritated look on his face, "Ahjussi! Why are so grumpy! Why do you go after young girls! Ahjussi byun!" I kept taunting him and looked from the corner of my eye to see Tiffany aiming at the tree branch.

I saw Moon draw a knife out, "I'm going to seal your mouth shut now brat." he threatened and approached me. Yoona was trying to get free from the ropes, but Jon was watching her. "I hope you'll choose your last words wisely." 

"I am."

"Cocky now aren't we?"

"I say."

"I'm done talking, lets get rid of this brat and get the Im girl back to Uncle." Moon said and pressed the knife into my neck. I whimpered in pain, but I endured it long enough to signal for Tiffany to shoot. 

Bang! Bang! Cut!

Everything went by so fast and the next thing I knew was sitting in a large puddle of blood. Blood..

"Unnie? Unnie? Unnie!" Yoona's voice brought me bac from my shock. I looked at her and she had puffy eyes, "A-Are you alright?" she stammered and looked at me with eyes full of concern and worry. 

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" I replied and tried to push myself up by my left hand first, but I felt nothing; only pain. The next thing I knew was that I out and heard the screams from Yoona, Tiffany, and Jessica. 

"I failed.."


Please comment? I want to know what you guys think of this story so far. Hyomin will go through a drastic character change and next chapter will be a time skip. 

Comment and Subscribe please?