Forgetting

Underground Toy

 

CHAPTER THREE:Forgetting

 

 

Try. Just try. That was SungYeol’s mantra as he did his best to not only focus his gaze on the TV but his mind too on the drama. Ever since he arrived to Japan he ended up having a thing for Japanese dramas – more than the ones from his home country. They were interesting and helped him to learn the not only language but to understand the society and other stuff. Who said dramas weren’t able to teach someone something? Lee SungYeol was the living example. Still right now all his fascination for the new drama, Second Movement, wasn’t enough for him to concentrate on it. The mixed boy next to him was way more interesting to observe.

Right now, he could bet his lower lip had a teeth mark on it since he had been biting it the moment the mixed boy asked him if he could watch the drama with him. It wasn’t supposed to be weird when your flat-mate asked you if they could watch some TV with you, right? But guess what? This wasn’t you. It was SungYeol. 

By now SungYeol and the teenager had things fixed. L had a room of his own and couldn’t enter to SungYeol’s. They got to eat their meals by the established time and they took turns to cook - SungYeol on Tuesdays and Thursdays, L Mondays and Wednesdays the other days were take-out – to wash dishes, and they didn’t need to worry about the cleaning or laundry since a woman came every two days to do that stuff.

Those were some of the things both had marked, well, SungYeol had marked. L just got to obey and hell, he was pretty good at it. Anyway, they—scratch that, SungYeol, had a little problem.

Socialize.

Such an easy word, still he wasn’t able to know how to do it. It wasn’t hard for him, normally he did friends quickly and everyone tended to like him – or hate him, depends on how they took his personality – but this boy, L, why couldn’t SungYeol act as he usually did? Sure, they were flat-partners and shared a roof but that meant nothing. It was like L was invading his personal space. Not that L wanted to but he was there. Always! Man, the mixed boy saw SungYeol in pyjamas, pants, suit, boxe—no one but his uncle had seen him in all those different stages of his life. Still, it was impossible for L not to be there when they lived together.

By now the youngster knew many things about SungYeol and SungYeol noticed he knew nothing about the mixed-blood boy. This L kid tended to do as SungYeol said: he always let the businessman choose and decide for both. It was as if he was a humble wife that did as her husband said. Nice way to compare things, but there was no other analogy to help explain how the boy’s behaviour was. It just wasn’t fair! SungYeol wanted to know about the boy, he wanted to make things equal. Fair.

“L?” SungYeol suddenly found the strength, or better, lost the strength to not ask for personal information.

“Yes, SungYeol-san?” The mixed teenager directed all his attention to the businessman.

Right, L had started to add the honorific ‘san’ after SungYeol’s name some days ago. It was common in Japan. Still, it made SungYeol feel weird, hearing it from that boy who had such different features. Aish, he wasn’t Japanese, he wasn’t!

“I’ve got a question—no, I got too many questions that I’m really dying to ask,” SungYeol said thinking it was the best to talk in a sincere way if he wanted sincere answers too.

“Oh… okay,” L accepted after a while.

“Why do you have… L for a name? It just—don’t get offended, but that name’s pretty weird. And what about your surname?”

“Well,” L looked down at the carpet where he was sitting, his fingers playing with the red cotton that was pulled out; it took him some seconds to continue. “My real name’s MyungSoo.”

“That’s not Japanese. At all.”

“My mother was half-Japanese and half-German and I guess my father was Korean,” MyungSoo spoke softly, letting his fingers play with one thread of his worn off shirt. 

“Both of my parents were Korean,” SungYeol murmured noticing L, or MyungSoo now, had a kind of complicated past (and he was right, the boy was mixed after all). First of all, his mother was dead and he supposed MyungSoo’s father was too, key word, supposed. That meant two things, he left them or he was a one-night thing for the teenager’s mother, maybe an adventure, well she had the opportunity with a Kore— “Whoa, wait!”

“Yes?”

“Your father supposedly is—was Korean?” SungYeol asked excited not really caring about his mother’s lovers. It seemed complicated.

“Yes. My surname is Kim.”

“Kim MyungSoo,” SungYeol said L’s name out loud feeling the name linger in his lips. “I like it,” he said in his mother language.

“Thanks,” MyungSoo answered in the same language startling the young businessman.

“God! You know Korean too?! Gezz, you’re like a little magic box!” SungYeol laughed excited, making the younger boy blush.

“My mother and big brother taught me my father’s language…” MyungSoo changed to Japanese. “Still, I don’t know that much—”

“No, it’s fine. Talk to me in Korean. I prefer that, I feel… at home that way.”

“I feel at home too… listening to you,” MyungSoo said blushing a bit. “I mean, with the language.”

“Did your mother and brother speak Korean at home?” SungYeol asked, thrilled with the idea of a half-Japanese and half-German woman talking in Korean with two young mixed-blood boys.

“Yes, Mom loved to listen to us talk in our fathers’ language,” MyungSoo said in a murmur. “Can I ask you something?”

“Sure. Tell me.”

“Can we please stop talking about this?” MyungSoo lowered his face. That was when SungYeol noticed the young boy felt uncomfortable talking about his family. Uh-ho, a difficult past. SungYeol was eager to pass the theme if that meant he wasn’t going to hear a difficult complicated past.

“Sure but you gotta do something for me instead,” SungYeol said firmly as he raised his eyebrows.

“I thought—”

“Not that!” SungYeol groaned as he tried to ignore the blush that was starting to cover his cheeks. “You must let me take you out for shopping. It’s Saturday and I want to go to Shibuya,” The excitement could be heard in the young man’s voice.

“Shi-shibuya?"

“Yeah. You know that place, right? I mean, everyone knows Shibuya,” SungYeol kept his excitement. 

“How couldn’t I…” MyungSoo murmured as he bit his lip.

“And some earrings. I want to see how you look with your earrings on,” SungYeol grinned as he touched the boy’s ears where there were earring marks. “Now, get ready. I’ll call DongWoo.”

Shibuya was a district of Tokyo. Lots of stores were there, shopping was the only thing people knew in there. Clothes, fashion, bars, nightlife: there was no end. Excitement and pain covered the whole area and SungYeol was dying to get a bit of happiness from there. Not only for him but for the young mixed kid he had as a flat partner.

The business man had noticed L wore just old shirts and the same baggy jeans. As the days passed he couldn’t stop himself from wanting to fill the mixed boy with exquisite clothes and brands to show his ethereal beauty off. Yes. SungYeol, after not so long accepted the fact that the boy was beautiful, a bit feminine, but well, who was he to be against that? Another guy who lacked of broad shoulders and manly features. Right, SungYeol was not the best person to say it was wrong. Still, it seemed in Japan women fantasised with bi-shounen boys, in other words, beautiful ones. And SungYeol was sure MyungSoo was the bi-shounen number one.

Why?

Simple. Everyone, not only women, turned around to see the young beauty. Sure SungYeol called the attention with his height and slick suit but MyungSoo, he was just magnificent. His pale skin contrasting his hazel hair, his bright chocolate orbs and those sculptured features. All that beauty hidden in those way too big and old clothes made him look just so unique. Yes, MyungSoo was SungYeol’s most beautiful present wrapped in the most hideous paper ever.

While they walked through the tumult of people SungYeol noticed something in the young boy’s attitude. He wasn’t the humble, timid boy from the flat but a secure, bright and mysterious boy from the streets. It was subtle but intriguing change that made SungYeol keep his eyes on the stunning youngster who suddenly froze. 

“L-chan?”

A young good looking oriental man asked standing up in front of the flat partners. He had a half smile on his face as his eyes showed excitement and something else… lust.

“It’s been so long. Where had you been?” The man kept asking with glee and shock, making the tall businessman confused. How the hell did that man knew MyungSoo? And why L-chan?

“Places.”

A tasteful and intoxicating voice that got melted in the businessman’s ears bloomed as an answer to the man’s question. Confusion grew stronger in SungYeol. Did that voice come from the quiet and simple MyungSoo?

“I’ve been trying to call you. I’ve been looking for you like crazy.. who, who is he?” The man asked looking at SungYeol with jealousy as the latest directed his gaze to the young mixed boy who kept a delirious smirk on his fine cherry lips, lips that SungYeol needed to see just to let his mind believe that that voice had come from them.

“Say, Akanishi-san, that’s none of your business,” MyungSoo answered lowering his head a bit just to give the man a flirting look that made SungYeol’s insides whirl. Yes, that was MyungSoo’s voice. That seductive voice, those delicate and attractive movements. Everything came from the young quiet and simple L that lived with SungYeol. When had this type of MyungSoo appeared? Where was the real mixed boy? All this shock just made the businessman look like a mute stupid.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that I miss you,” the man called Akanishi said getting closer to MyungSoo but caught nothing. MyungSoo had already clung himself to SungYeol’s arm in a provocative way making the oriental man get a hurt look on his face.

“Sorry, Akanishi-san,” MyungSoo said accentuating his words like the people in Japan did.

“I understand…” Akanishi answered with a hurt voice, completely giving in to MyungSoo’s words. “Am I going to see you at the club today?” he asked with hope in his question.

“Don’t think so,” MyungSoo said with a cute tone bringing goose-bumps to SungYeol’s skin who suddenly felt cold. Why the hell had the mixed boy stopped clinging on his arm? Easy, to cling to the man’s big chest just to let his red lips brush with the man’s ear. “Just don’t tell To-san that you saw me, please?” he whispered before throwing to the man a raspberry kiss, quickly clinging back into SungYeol’s arm and pulling him to walk away from the shocked man.

Yes, SungYeol wanted to ask. He really did, but hell he couldn’t. He was in complete shock! No, he was astonished. He just couldn’t believe what his eyes had seen. It was just an impossible sight. Maybe he had been daydreaming, but no! MyungSoo was still clinging on his arm, pulling him furiously away from the scene of crime. Yes, for SungYeol it had been a crime. How dare that man talk to his flst partner that way?! The boy was still underage. A KID! And that man, that old man – he seemed in his thirties – had the guts to go and flirt and beg to MyungSoo.

His mind kept working on how he was going to kill that e man with his own hands when he felt an abrupt stop. MyungSoo had stopped pulling SungYeol, liberating him from his arm. The mixed boy’s back facing SungYeol’s intrigued eyes.

“Please,” MyungSoo said after a while, his voice the usual one. “Please forget what you saw.”

The lights from the street started to turn on as the people kept walking around the busy district of Shibuya. Just SungYeol and MyungSoo were standing in the middle of the sidewalk.

A tired sigh ran away from the businessman before his long fingers touched the teenager’s shoulder making him turn around. His head hanging, not letting SungYeol catch his chocolate eyes. A pink tender blush decorated his peach like cheeks that brought a painful but still, smile on the businessman’s lips.

“MyungSoo,” SungYeol spoke as he raised the angelical face with the help of his fingers. “That’s something I won’t be able to forget.

“I.. I just, needed—”

“Hush,” SungYeol stopped the boy’s words placing his index finger on the red lips he had started to like. “You don’t need to explain to me. Like you told him, that’s none of my business.”

“He was just—”

“Let’s go,” SungYeol told him giving the boy a bright smile. “We got lots of things to buy before the stores close. I want to see you with a checked shirt.”

Was he doing the right thing? SungYeol didn’t know. Was he avoiding the problem?

Yes, he was.

MyungSoo was starting to act like a complicated person and SungYeol didn’t want another complicated person in his already complicated life. How many times did he had to say that before someone got it?! It was better to let it be. Sure, he wasn’t going to forget it, who could forget that y voice?! And sure he wasn’t going to get involved in it.

No way. That was MyungSoo’s personal stuff. Of course SungYeol wanted to know a bit about the boy’s background since it seemed interesting but he didn’t want to know about a complicated and touchy one where he was sure MyungSoo was going to, somehow, open up to him. He wasn’t one that tended to listen to others’ burdens, he just couldn’t – well, maybe with HoWon a bit – but why did he feel so useless when his eyes met with the chocolate sorrowful ones?

 

 

Ranting Zone:

Ehem.. well, first rant on this fic! Yay for me! If you're new to my fics, well, this happens a lot..

First of all, Thank You! Each and every one of you that subscribed, upvoted and commented on this fic! Seriously!

Second, are you liking it so far? Is it making sense? Sorry this chapter isn't that great.. I didn't review it and ..

I just didn't give my all.. sorry, next one will be better.

ALSO! I will take out that Mature thingy cuz seriously! it is EMBARRASSING!

It does have , it does have some weird stuff but compared to others.. this is a lame joke.

 

Thank you for your nice words and kid support!

-Vico