He's done

Boys over Towers 2

 

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Baekhyun asked as he wearily stared at himself in the mirror. “Of course it is!” Sehun replied, trying his best to encourage the boy, putting his hands on his shoulders and fist pumping into the air. “It’s the only way.”

Baekhyun sighed as he fixed the familiar feeling resting on his head, fumbling as it almost came off. “Sehun, the wig is coming off!” He shouted, still unable to completely remember how to use wigs. “Geez, how could you forget how to wear one? We wore them for a really long time.” Sehun pouted, trying his best to fix the loose bundle of fabricated hair.

Baekhyun never thought he’d find himself going through this again. The circumstances were embarrassing, and if anyone were to find him here, he’d probably kill himself. He sighed as he tried his best to lower the short, tight, purple skirt that wrapped around his slender thighs. “Ugh.” He grunted, the thin, sparkly fabric sticking to him as sweat poured from his whole body. “Why do I have to keep doing this?” He couldn’t quite hear himself think over the blare of the speakers resounding throughout the club.

He peeked from behind the curtain of the changing room and could see a ton of people, sweaty bodies rubbing against each other as they danced to the terribly loud, upbeat music. Baekhyun could only stare in disgust, who would want to grind with a sweaty, wasted girl/guy? He immediately stepped back, exhaling as he realized he was about to.

“Are you guys ready yet?” The owner said as he lifted the curtain and entered the room. “Yes, Jonghyun-ssi.” Sehun said after he added final adjustments to the wig, pulled down his sparkly, blue dress a bit and turned to Jonghyun. “We’re good to go!”

The man smiled and opened the curtain for the two to exit. “Ok, Baekhyun. You can do this, you’re going to do this, and we’re going to succeed, alright?” Sehun said, as he massaged Baekhyun’s shoulders. Baekhyun mentally prepared himself for what was about to come, braced himself for the waves of people that he had to go through. “See you when I see you, then.” Sehun left, leaving Baekhyun alone to stand against the careless crowd. He took a deep breath and weaved through them, hoping no one would trample him. He still hadn’t grown since high school, making the 25-year old sigh in shame.

He found himself pushed towards the direction of the bar, just letting the ripple of the crowd lead him to his fate. He stumbled out of the sweaty mass and unto one of the chairs, sighing as he wiped the sweat off his forehead. He sat there for half an hour, still unsure of what to do.

You’re going to have to be friendly, stealthy and seductive. He remembered what Sehun whispered to him as he put on Baekhyun’s wig, and frankly, he never really thought of himself as friendly, stealthy, especially not seductive. He turned to the bar and exhaled loudly, his eyebrows knotting into a burdened expression. In front of him, the bartender had extended a head and placed a small shot glass, pink fluid gracing its contents.

Baekhyun looked up at the man and tilted his head, “I didn’t order this.” The man was wiping the glass in his hand with a white rag, returning Baekhyun’s gaze. “Someone did.” He shrugged, pointing into the direction of the man who had gotten off his seat and had already set foot in the herd of dancers. Baekhyun knew this was his chance, grabbed the shot and chugged it down, still completely unfamiliar to the world of alcohol.

He slammed the glass unto the table and hopped off the chair, the purple sparkly heels crushing his not so small feet as he followed the sight of the blonder haired man. He pushed against the people, shoving him as he passed. He was halfway through the crowd when he saw the man disappear outside, making Baekhyun frown in disappointment.

“Hey, where are you going?” Sehun said as he spotted Baekhyun at the front of the exit, head peering to the outside. “I finally found someone and he leaves.” Baekhyun pouted, his wig a mess from all the people he had collided with. “Don't worry, there are a bunch of other people in the club, not just him.” Sehun said as hooked and arm around Baekhyun’s.

“Come on, we better go.” Sehun waited for Baekhyun to move from the door, urging his friend to just stick together and wait until random guys pick them up. He nodded and made their way deep into the club, night immediately turning into dawn as the dance floor thickened.

---------------

The next day, Baekhyun could feel his head pounding. He had had too much alcohol, and he wasn’t actually a heavy drinker. He opened his eyes, not surprised of the unfamiliar room, bed, and face he had slept with. He slowly lifted himself up, no pain lingering in his backside. Huh? No pain? He brought his hand to his back, trying to see if he was just hallucinating.

They hadn’t done it. He may have drunken a bit too much but it always hurts when he does it with a guy. He turned his gaze to the man beside him, avoiding looking at his face as he did. His shoulders were broad and wide, muscles highly evident in his arms.  He bit his lower lip and stumbled from out of the bed, grabbing unto the purple dress and purple heels of last night. He respectfully bowed into the man’s direction and hurriedly walked out of the hotel door.

He found himself walking along the sidewalk; glad that even through his drunken state, he was able to bring his bag along. He had changed into his favorite neon green pullover, faded black skinny pants, and red converse. He ruffled his hair, it still being painfully itchy from last night. Wearing wigs should be a sport; he chuckled to himself as the familiar feeling disappeared.

He stopped at the bus stop, bringing out his phone to contact Sehun. He pressed the number 4 on his speed-dial, Sehun immediately flashing on the keypad. He put the phone to his ear and heard it ringing. Who did Sehun go home with last night? He stuck out his tongue, trying his best to remember whom the boy had around his waist. They were both a bit too drunk to even look at the men they went home with, and it didn’t really matter for both of them.

“Yeah?” Sehun said from over the line, his voice a bit hoarse. “Seems like you had fun last night.” Baekhyun joked, laughing into the phone as he did. “Haha, funny.” He could hear Sehun wince in pain, sending him into more laughter. “Yeah, alright. I’m not going to ask how it was because I really don’t want to know but do you want to have lunch together?” Baekhyun said as he checked his wristwatch, 11:34 am.

“Huh? Oh yeah, sure. I’ll meet you at Jinki’s Chicken house in half an hour.” Sehun said, shortly saying goodbye and ending the conversation afterwards. Baekhyun was about to put his phone back in his pocket when a quick moving figure swiftly grabbed it and started running away. The people at the bus stop stared as the man made a run for it, Baekhyun surprised at the sudden incident.

“Hey!” Baekhyun shouted, shouting for his legs to move in the direction. He quickly sprinted after the figure. “Stop!” The man was wearing light blue jeans and a plain, white sweatshirt, it flowing against the wind as they countered the flow of people making their way to the bus stop. “I said, stop!” Baekhyun could feel his legs almost collapsing, cursing at the shortness of his limbs.

He stopped to catch his breath, disappointed as the stranger disappeared into the masses. Whatever, Baekhyun sighed. It was my old flip phone anyway.

---------------

“What took you so long? I told you half an hour.” Sehun was already sitting at one of the tables at the chicken house. He was wearing a grey shirt, a white blazer, and printed pants that had designs Baekhyun couldn’t understand. “Sorry, someone stole my phone and I missed the bus. I had to wait for the next one.” Baekhyun sighed as hi got into the chair in front of the younger boy. “What? Your crap phone was stolen?”

Baekhyun glared at Sehun, “My phone is not crap. It’s just old.” He shrugged as the waiter headed towards their table, taking their orders. Baekhyun had ordered a cup of coffee and a meal, Sehun just mumbling “same” as the waiter disappeared into the kitchen. “Well anyway, what do we do now?” Baekhyun said as he blew into his cheeks.

“Well, I don’t think that job went so well.” He flinched; Baekhyun could see the pain seeping out of Sehun’s expression. “Why are you in so much pain? Was the guy really… that big?” Baekhyun managed to lower his voice, putting his face closer to Sehun’s so he was the only one who could hear. Sehun twitched, looking at the boy as if he was stupid. “Yeah, he was. A bit too big. It hurt like a .” Sehun said as hit bit his lower lip. “I mean, I’m always the top when I’m with Luhan, but…” Sehun stopped after hearing the boy’s name escaping from his lips, tears welling up in his eyes.

Baekhyun didn’t feel the need to pity him. It was his fault anyway. “You were stupid to dump Luhan.” Baekhyun said in disapproval. “Just because he’s in a different country, doesn’t mean you can’t be together. You didn’t even tell him the reason, he’s probably fuming at the thought of you.” Baekhyun had received his coffee and was lightly stirring the spoon at the rim of the cup. Sehun just let his head slam against the table, startling the waitress as she placed the cup beside the depressed Sehun.

“Oh, don’t worry about him. He’s alright.” Baekhyun gave the woman a reassuring smile, the smile that would have anyone swoon at the sight of it. He may have not grown taller, but Byun Baekhyun was a lot more beautiful than he used to be. He was still slender, but his cheeks were fuller and livelier. His hair was still the same, brown one, since he wasn’t really the type of person to care about his outer appearance. Thankfully, he was a boy who barely got any acne at all when he was young, sending all the girls at school into jealousy. The waitress felt a small blush paint her cheeks and quickly bowed, returning to the counter in pure awe. Baekhyun chuckled; he enjoyed making people speechless at the sight of him.

Sehun just sat there, his forehead flat against the glass table. Baekhyun sighed and placed his hand under the boy’s forehead, lifting up to put Sehun back into proper sitting position. “Hey, stop it. You said you’d get over Luhan, but you’re not doing a pretty good job. When you hear his name, you immediately go blank.” Baekhyun sipped his coffee, his tongue burning at the hot fluid.

“Whatever.” Sehun pouted, his pink hair bouncing against the sunlight. Sehun grew more mature over the years, his brown fluffy hair immediately dyed to pink after his break up with his beloved Luhan. “It’s because I missed him so much, and I didn’t want to miss him if he wasn’t going to be here anymore, and I just…” Sehun was letting tears stream down his face, gaining the attention of the many customers of the shop.

“Hey! Don’t cry here!” Baekhyun whispered, trying his best to shake the boy of his sad state. “If you want him back so much, just call him and say you’re sorry.” Baekhyun said as their food arrived, the waitress avoiding eye contact as she placed the two plates in front of the boys.

“No, I’m not going to do it.” Sehun straightened up and held his utensils upside down. “God damn it, Oh Sehun.” Baekhyun twitched as he put the utensils right side up, backing up in his seat as he stared at the trembling boy. “This is getting out of hand.” He immediately grabbed Sehun’s phone and pressed the number 1 on speed dial, Luhan. Sehun watched in fear, as he knew if he tried to get his phone back, he’d have to suffer a broken arm.

The phone was ringing, making Baekhyun go a bit nervous at the thought of speaking to Luhan, when he hadn’t seen the guy in 5 years. He hesitated to put it down when he picked up. “Sehun?” It was undoubtedly Luhan’s voice on the other line, but it grew so much deeper that Baekhyun was taken back. “Luhan?” Baekhyun said, biting his lip as Luhan expected Sehun at the other side of the phone.

“B-Baekhyun?!” Luhan shouted, making Baekhyun pull the phone away from his ear. “How are you? Wow, I can’t believe your voice is still practically the same. I could recognize it right away!” Luhan’s voice was chipper, making Baekhyun smile a bit. “I would say the same for you but…” Luhan chuckled a bit, his slightly deeper voice still angelic in it’s tone. “Yeah, it kind of grew deeper. Don’t worry, I’m still the little angel of the MK.” Baekhyun felt the end of the lips twirl up in the mentioning of those two letters. “Wow, I haven’t heard that in a long time.” Baekhyun found himself remembering the faces of the MK, and of how much time they spent together.

“Yeah.” Luhan said. There was a bit of a long pause, and Baekhyun knew he was awkward on the phone, unable to spark up another conversation topic. “I-Is Sehun with you?” Luhan asked, breaking the silence of the two. Baekhyun hesitated, but quickly replied a yes. He could hear Luhan sigh on the other line, making Baekhyun glare the boy across him, digging into his chicken as he watched the conversation between the two unfold.

“So, are you coming back to Korea any time soon?” Baekhyun tried his best to change the topic, avoiding Sehun’s expression of desperation. Luhan stayed quiet for a while, making Baekhyun regret he asked. “Yeah, maybe.” Luhan sounded highly unsure, maybe because he didn’t want to see Sehun?

“Look, Luhan. You can come back to Korea any time you want. If you don’t want to see Sehun, then I’ll make sure he’s locked away by the time you come back here.” Baekhyun said jokingly, placing his hand firmly on the table as Sehun stopped eating. “No, it’s alright. I’ll come around soon.” Luhan smiled through the phone, relieving Baekhyun as he was about to say goodbye.

“Oh wait, one more thing. It seems that that guy’s done. Well, bye Baek!” The phone line was cut and Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he could feel himself dropping Sehun’s phone. “Hey!” Sehun shouted, bending from under the table and grabbing the white, slender touch phone, caressing it lightly. It seems that that guy’s done.

That guy’s done. 

---------------------

omg ok chapter 1 is done editing yes I am such a quick updater (i'm joke) anyway thank you for reading BOT and thank you for now reading BOT2, it really means a lot to me when you guys subscribed even if it's just the foreword that's out hehe

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting!