Red Eyes

Exo iPod Shuffle Oneshot Collection

Song Title: Red Eyes

Band: Switchfoot

Story Title: Red Eyes

Genre: Angst

A/N: if anyone wants lyrics, just ask and I'll post them under the story.


 

 

As told be Sehun

 

From the moment I saw you standing there, I knew. You were all alone. You looked sad. I knew you needed someone. Your eyes gave it away. You had been crying, I could tell. Your eyes were red. I went up to you, and pulled you, a complete stranger, into my embrace. You didn't resist. You needed it. I knew you needed that hug.

I asked you what you were doing all by yourself. You said you were looking for home. I didn't know what you meant at the time, but I understand now.

It didn't take long for us to become important to each other. You were different, so unlike anyone else, and I liked that. I liked that so much. And you needed me, too. You had no one. You needed me to be there for you. And I always was.

On the hilltop,I found you. You were watching the sky, and once again your eyes were red. I sat next to you. "What are you waiting for? It's night." I asked. You said you were waiting for dawn. I thought you were strange, but I had taken the metaphor too literally.

You were so quiet. You hardly talked to anyone. Even me. When you spoke, it confused me. I never understood what you meant. I do now. I really do.

I thought it would be fun to go out somewhere together. I thought you would enjoy it. I wanted you to. I wanted you to be happy. I didn't want to see your red eyes. I wanted to see you smile. I guess I was wrong, as I so often was. You told me you were alone. I told you too look at all the people around you. You said it wasn't enough.

You came to me one day, crying, your eyes were once again red. You said you were scared. I held you in my arms and told you that you were safe with me. You wiped your eyes. And then you smiled. You actually smiled. It made my breathe get caught in my throat. Your beautiful smile. I wanted to see it always. I leaned in to kiss you as I held you close. It was so perfect. We were infinite, you and I.

The next time I saw you, your eyes were red, as well as your wrists. I told you not to hurt yourself, and you told me that you couldn't escape. You said you wanted freedom, freedom from yourself.

It wasn't long before I saw your note. The last thing I have from you. I-I'll never forget. "You are my home."

Rest in peace. Just know that wherever you are, I hope you broke free of your cage. All I wanted was for you to be happy. If you are then I am too. I hope your eyes are no longer red. Luhan, I love you...