Drive away!

Drive Away to Your Dream Boy

 

 

 

   “Can you tell me the name of the resident at the 4th floor?” Again, I asked the receptionist.

     “Nope. Why should I?” Like before, he’s answering me without making any eye contact.

     This reception guy is really annoying. If I have to move here, means that I’m gonna face him every single day.

     I rest my hands on the reception desk and plead, “Please…” I peek at his nametag. “Sandeul, please.”

     He shocks when I addressed him by his name. He covers his nametag with his palm. “What will I get if I tell you?” He puckers his brow.

     “Emmm…” I tap my index finger on my chin – thinking what should be reply to him.  “Ah! We can be friends.” I beam.  

     He let out a long sigh before says, “Okay, let me check it.” He searches the records in his laptop. While waiting for him, I couldn’t help myself from tapping my fingers on the desk.

     “Will you stop doing that?” Sandeul utters firmly.

     I bring my hand down bit by bit. “Sorry.” 

     “Oh.” His sudden reactions cause you to become more anxious. “Oh my.” He put a hand on his chest. “I’m not sure if I can tell you this.” Sandeul looks up to me.

     “It’s fine. Just tell me. Its not like I’m a kidnapper or a serial killer.”

     Sandeul frowns when those sentences coming out from my mouth. I bite my lower lips. Wrong choice of words Jiyo. I told myself.

     “Promise me you won’t tell anyone about this.” He said.

     Without waiting a second, I respond to him. “I promise.”

     He moves forward towards me and whispers, “It’s Lee Chanhee also know as Chunji. He’s an idol.”

     I cup my mouth and bring myself a little further from the reception desk. The feeling that I sense right now can’t be describes by words. “I knew it!” I shriek and move back to Sandeul. My hands reach his. “Thank you so much for telling.” I’m so happy until I am not aware of what I’m doing.

     Sandeul face is turning red. I let go of his hand.

     Trying to cover up the awkward situation, I ask, “Did he just move here?”

     “For quite some time.” He said while scrolling down Chunji’s information in his laptop. I guess everything is in there. “But I’ve never really noticed him before. Strange…”

     “I don’t know why I’m being too easy with you.” He murmurs after glance at me.

     I simply giggle when heard him saying that. Somehow I can tell that Sandeul is a good guy, though he tries to act cold but he’s actually nice. Maybe I can tolerate with him.

     Still, it’s weird. Why would Chunji choose an apartment like this? I did hear that he’s moving to a new apartment last few months but no one knows where it is. And the last thing I expected him to be is this apartment. In any case, this apartment might be near to their practice room? Or he purposely lived here so that no one (fans) could find him.

     Out of the blue, Mr. Kim appears from the front door of the lobby. “Jiyo-sshi, I’ve been waiting for too long.” The fine lines under his eyes are becoming more noticeable. No more smile flashes to me. I’m sure he’s getting fed up with what I did. I guess I have to say what he wants to hear from the very beginning.

     “Well, wait no more Mr. Kim. I’m moving in.”

 

#####

 

For the rest of the night, I’m being scold by my parents’. They don’t seem to be fond of me getting that apartment. It’s them who told me not to be so picky but now, they’re mad – saying that I didn’t think before making the decision. Of course I didn’t tell them that I want to rent a house there because Chunji’s currently living at that apartment.  

     “Why wouldn’t you even consider about all the safeties there?” My dad attacks me with question.

     “I did. It’s safe and no harm will happen to me.” Though I’m not quite sure about it.

     Mom gets in between the conversation. “You should have asked our opinion first.” She crosses her arms around her chest – giving me a glance before walks back into the kitchen to check on her boiling corned beef that she prepared for dinner.

     “I apologize for not doing that.” I respond with a sullen look.

     Dad rest himself on the couch – rubbing his forehead. I don’t see anything that should be worried that much. I agree the house is not good or even nice but that can be change. Once I move in later, I’ll change whatever there are needs to be adjusted.

     “Mom, dad, it’s fine. The house is okay. I already surveyed it with the landlord. In fact, the landlord offers me quite low deposit payment and it’s about 15 minutes to the place that I’m assigned to.” I make an effort to make them believe in me.

     I need to be there. This is my only chance to meet with the idol that I adore so much. He’s the same age as me but I don’t know why I care for him so much despite the fact that I’ve never seen eye to eye with him before and I don’t even know how he really is. Call me crazy but that’s how I feel right now.

     “Yes, the house is okay, but the price is not reasonable with the house condition.”

     “Don’t be like that dad.” I said, as if I can read his mind. “The apartment is fine. You know how picky I am right. There’s must be a reason why I wanted this house and not others.” Geez, I sound so cheesy. Sounded like I’m choosing a future husband instead of a house.

     Mom joins us at the living room again, wiping her hands on a piece of cloth. “But it’s a bit far from home.”

     “Looks like she’s driving away to there.” Dad says. The way he put it into words made me looks like a bad daughter. That’s not what I intend to do. Before this, I already stayed at a hostel, which was also far from home. In fact more far than this apartment that I’ll be renting.

     “It’s nearer with the place i'm assigned at. Don’t put it in a bad way. I’ll come home every weekend.”

     Only God knows my real reason to be there. I’m driving away to my dream boy.

     There’s nothing can be change. I already signed the agreement. The apartment is not really that awful. “When do you want to move there?” My dad looks at me with a giving up expression.

     “As soon as possible.”

*****

 

I'm updating this after sooooo long. I appologize for the late update. I'm having writer's block very badly these days. I didn't read enough i guess. Oh well, don't forget to subscribe and leave a comments !! XD *throws confetti