Apartment

Drive Away to Your Dream Boy

Right when I start the car’s engine, and put on my seat belt, I storm out from the parking site. I tap my finger on the steering wheel because of the uneasy feeling of mine telling me that I’m late. I breathe in and out to calm down.

Oh come one. I think it won’t be a big deal if I’m late for 5 or 10 minutes. I’m the one who’s going to rent the house. I said – mumbling alone inside the car. I set the location on the GPS. Not long after that, my phone’s ringing. I fumble inside my handbag on the passenger’s seat to find it.

“Hello.” I answer.

“Aah yes. It’s me Mr. Kim, the landlord.” He notifies himself and continues with his question, “What time are you coming Jiyo-sshi?”

I check on the timer, it’s 15 minutes before 10. Based on the GPS, I’ll reach my destination in 20 minutes. “Around 10. But I think I’m going to be a bit late. There’s traffic jam here.” I simply answered.

“It’s okay. Take your time. I’ll see you later then.” He hangs up.

Now that he’s aware that I’m going to be late, it reassures me. I turn the radio on. None of the song being aired at that time catches my interest.

I puff my cheeks, “Where’s my CD?”

I open the dashboard and try to find the CD of my favourite band inside while my eyes fix on the road. It’s really hard when try to find something without looking.

“Here it is.” I use one hand to get the CD from inside the album case.

 

 

The first song starts to play. I sing along with the song. Yes. I love to sing but not when anyone is around because I know my singing voice is terrible.

I increase the volume and sing with it, “Be ma girl, would you be ma girl~”

Can you guess which boy band that I adore? Of course, it’s Teen Top. I don’t know why I like them so much. Probably because most of their songs rise up my mood and not to forget that they are good looking too.

 

 

#####

 

 

“Glad that you could make it.” Mr. Kim said while showing me the way to inside of the building. I walk in through the main door of the apartment first and Mr. Kim follows me from behind.

Before, when I looked at the building from the outside it seems affordable and suitable for an average person like me. It’s beautiful but not so elegant. It’s still okay for the first impression.

Once I walk in, a receptionist greets me behind his long white marble table. Behind him are keys hang on a wooden carved key holder. He bows to me and back to concentrate on his laptop in front of him.

I continue to peer around. The wall here covered with floral wallpaper. There’s a small shop at this floor near the reception desk – selling candies, fresh cut fruits and cupcakes. I am overwhelmed with that shop. It’s so colourful that it attracts my attention. 

“Over here miss.” Mr. Kim says and walk pass through me. He leads the way and ambles towards the lift before pressing the up button. The door open and both of us gets in.

“This apartment was built last three years. It’s a new building.” Mr Kim begins ‘story-telling’ about the building. “The view here is really scenic. It has 8 floors but the house I’m going to show you is at the 3rd floor.”

The light inside the lift is blinking. It’s annoying. Mr. Kim suddenly blurts out, “We’ll fix it soon.” I’m sure he notices my expression that’s why he said it. The lift makes a sudden stop – almost cause both of us to fall on the floor of the lift.

“Sorry about that.” Mr. Kim apologizes for the inconvenience.

 Slowly, the lift door gaps. “Here we are. After you.”

I step out from the lift and there’s only 2 doors on this floor.  One is the main door for the house and one more is leading to the staircase. But the one that leads to the staircase is not close. It’s quite dark at the staircase.

The middle-aged man takes out a bunch of keys from inside of his pocket and struggle to open the house door. “Each floor suppose to have 3 to 4 houses, but the 3rd and 4th floor are special. Only one house is placed at respective level.” After almost 3 minutes of waiting the door finally being unlock.

“Sorry again.” He apologizes for the second time while pushing the front door. He turns on the light and shows me inside the house. I can’t believe that this is a new building. It look so old and plus the lift is definitely not safe. Only the lobby that looks fine to me.

Stains are on some part of the floor, the wallpaper are torn and its colour is fading, showing how abandoned the house is. However, I have to admit, the view here is awesome. The first thing I see when entering the house is a large sliding doors that connected to the balcony, becoming one of the wall for the living room. The sunlight that enters through it brightens up the whole room. I amble to the balcony and the view of peaceful town come into my sight.

A group of kindergarten children are crossing the road with the help of the traffic cop, small stalls selling groceries, fruits, there’s even a small bookstore and only one or two cars passing by every about 10 - 15 minutes.

“Let me show you the bedroom.” I turn around and follow Mr. Kim’s steps. He further explains the details about the house. “This house has 2 bedrooms, one bathroom, one kitchen which is linked with the living room, as you can see here.” He points to the not-too-big-nor-to-small space besides him. “The kitchen countertop is made from concrete.” He knocks on the surface of the counter.

I force a smile for him. I’m not really interested with this house. Maybe I should stop looking for an apartment and go with town house instead. I take a look around of the house again.

 

A/n: yaay! another chapter is updated. what do you think~ :D