Get-up-and-go

Drive Away to Your Dream Boy

“Jiyo…” A woman voice calls out my name. Her voice is so soft I can barely hear it. I, who’s half asleep at this particular moment, choose to ignore it. 

     Not long after that, the woman calls me again. This time, it sounds clearer. It’s my mother’s voice. “Jiyo-ah, wakeup.”

     I murmur something which I don’t even know what and squint my already close eyes, still not thinking of waking up.  My body’s being shake lightly by my mother. Again, she’s trying to make me get up from the bed. But, I insist and pull my blanket to cover myself.

     One heavy sigh is release from her. “That’s it.” She said. Her soft tone changes to more firm. “Wake up right now young lady or you’re gonna get it from me.”

     I open my eyes slowly and push my blanket down to my knee. “Alright, alright. I’m up.” I position myself at the bedside.

     She beams and pats my shoulder. “Good then. Go get shower and come down. I’ve prepared breakfast.”

     “Thanks mom.” I smile back at her while she is on her way out, leaving me in my room. Once she shut the room door, I jump back on my bed.

     “Aaargh…” I sink my face into the pillow. The nice smell of fresh linen gets into my nose, making it hard for me to get back up even more. I turn my sight to face the ceiling. I peer around.

     The sunshine enters from my window – hitting my face and half of my torso, making it uncomfortable for me to get back to sleep.

     I under my pillow to search for my phone. “What time is it right now?” When a palm size object comes into my sense of touch, I pull it out. I sit straight on my bed and unlock my phone to check the timer.

     9.00am. I told myself.

     Since I’m in my semester holiday, it doesn’t really matter if I woke up a bit late but why do I feel like there’s something not right. As if I’m forgetting something.

     Did I make plans with anyone? Or did I promise mom that I’m going to morning market today with her? I keep on asking myself that some sorts of questions again and again but nothing come across.

     Never mind, I will remember it later. If mom really does need me to go somewhere, she’ll say it. Might as well just get to shower and grab some breakfast. My stomach is grumbling asking for food.

     I hang my pink fluffy towel on the towel hanger and turn on the hot water. I stoop my head under the running showerhead, slowly. It’s feels so refreshing.

     While I am enjoying my refreshing morning bath, something comes into my mind. The landlord!

     Damn it! I completely forgot about it. I have to meet with the landlord today. No wonder my mom was keenly trying to wake me up just now.

     I am currently a 3rd year art student. When this semester holiday end, I’ll be entering my 3rd year. Which means there'll be lots of outing for my assignments. This upcoming year will be quite hectic for me and I need to find a place for myself. I can't do my work here, in my room. It's too crowded. It's worst if my younger cousin brother come. He's 2 and half years old and energetic, I mean, very energetic. He'll plays with all my stuffs and touches every single thing in my room. He's still adorable though.

     The university has set up for each group, the place where we should focus on our assignment and unfortunately for me, the place is quite distance from my house. So it gives me more reason to find a house to rent for making my life easier.

     It’s been 2 weeks of my searching and I have not yet found a suitable house to stay. My dad already pissed off with me for being so picky. Well, I’m gonna rent the house all by myself, so I need to choose the best one. Plus, this is the first time I’m renting a house. It has to be just right. Hate me for being so fussy.

     And today, supposedly I have to meet the landlord at 10.00am and here I am still in the shower.

     ! I cursed inside my head. That's what I’ve been forgotten. I have to meet the landlord. Why am I so forgetful these days? Amnesia? Nonsense. 

     I get dress as quick as possible, snatch my handbag next to the bed and run downstairs.

     “Where’s my car key?” I open almost all the drawers in the living room, but couldn't find it.

     “Seems like someone is in a hurry.” Mom says sarcastically when she sees me running all over inside the house once I come down from upstairs. I bet she already knows that I’m late.

     “Yes mom. Thanks for the concern.” I pout my lips and cause my mom to laugh.

     She spread some strawberry jam on the bread and hand it over to me. “Here, at least eat something before you go.”

     I take the bread from my mom’s hand and kiss her on the cheek. “I’ll eat in the car. Bye mom.”

     “See you tonight.” 

 

********

 

So here's the 1st chapter! What do you think??? Hehe don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe! :D oh by the way, i don't know much about art course. If anyone could tell me, it'll be much appreciated!