New Kid

Eye-Candy Boy

"~~~~~~-ah! Wake up!" Sunhi whispered. You mumbled a bit and opened your eyes blearily.

You could make out the classroom. You were sitting in the very back, hidden behind the other students so Miss Choi couldn't see you hunched over and sleeping. Sunhi and Junhyung sat in front of you, and Hyunseung across from you next to some kid you never bothered to learn the name of.

You rubbed your tired eyes and tried to focus on what Miss Choi was saying.

"......so he's moved to Seoul and is a new student in Cube High."

You frowned. There was another figure up at the front of the classroom next to Miss Choi.

Squinting, your blurry vision finally cleared and you realized it was a boy. He wasn't very tall -- almost short, even. He had a very neat hairstyle. He looked a bit cute, although you couldn't really tell since you were so tired. His eyes and most of his face were hidden behind ridiculously nerdy black glasses.

Students pointed and whispered and giggled. The new kid was a four-eyed, nerdy dork. Looks like Cube High got another loser.

"M-my name is Lee Kikwang." The boy stuttered, hunching his shoulders and peeking around shyly. He looked at you and his eyes widened behind his nerd glasses. "Pleased to meet you."

Even though he was saying this to the class, you had the feeling that he was only saying this to you, because his eyes never left yours.

You raised your eyebrows at him. He blushed and quickly looked away. Looks like the Kikwang kid was a real nerdy shy-boy.

Miss Choi made him sit next to you, which was the only empty seat. While going down the aisles, somebody stuck their foot out and made Kikwang trip. He sprawled onto the ground, and everybody started laughing.

"Yah!" You shouted. Everyone turned to look at you. "Stop laughing." You snarled. Immediately, everyone's smiles fell and they quickly bowed their heads and started to work.

Kikwang gazed at you in admiration as he sat down next to you. "Wow. Why do they listen to you?"

You shrugged. "Because these mindless drones are easily intimidated by me." You looked at him. Shy, nerdy, but he did look cute if you peered closely at him. Looked like he was clumsy, foolish, and gullible, too. Poor guy. He's probably going to get bullied by the whole school if you didn't help him out.

You stuck out your hand. "My name is Kim ~~~~~~, nice to meet you. Want to be friends?"

Kikwang's eyes shot out of his head. "F-f-friends? Me?"

You bit back a laugh. He looked so shocked by my request. He probably never even talked to a girl before.

"But.........why would you want to be friends with me?" He asked in a small voice.

"Because I do." You snapped, growing impatient. "Now, are you gonna shake hands with me or not?"

Kikwang flinched and quickly shook your hand.

Sunhi turned around in her seat to smile at Kikwang. "Sorry about her, Kikwang. ~~~~~-ah is usually a very cheerful and laid-back girl, but she gets easily angered. It's best to let her have her own way in things."

"O-okay." Kikwang stammered, blushing a bit. What can you say? Sunhi is pretty.

You smirked and nudged him with your elbow. "You better not hit on her. Or her boyfriend will get all y and possessive over her."

Junhyung turned around and threw his pencil at you. "Oh, shut up. YOU'RE the one that gets all y and possessive when guys hit on her."

"Well, why DON'T you freak out?" You demanded. "After all, she IS your girlfriend."

Junhyung smiled at Sunhi. "I don't bother wasting my energy because I know that, at the end of the day, she'll always come back to me."

Sunhi giggled and his cheek, looking deeply into her eyes.

You pretended to gag. "Ech, lovebirds. You wanna do stuff like that, don't do it in my face!"

Junhyung smirked. "An attitude like that is why you'll never get a boyfriend, ~~~~~-ah."

"Fine with me." You muttered.

Kikwang watched the whole thing quietly. "But still, ~~~~~-sshi, it must be nice to be in love like that." He whispered. "To know that someone will never leave your side no matter what."

You shrugged. "Maybe. But I'd rather be alone right now."

Kikwang took a sideways glance at you, then yelped when a crumpled piece of paper hit his head. He unfolded it. It said LOSER in big letters.

You leaned back so you could see the classroom and glared at all the students. One group looked very guilty.

"It's okay, ~~~~~-sshi." Kikwang said quickly. "I'm used to stuff like this happening to me. It's okay."

"It's totally not okay!" You hissed at him, careful not to raise your voice too loud in case Miss Choi will hear. "Those bastards are bullying you! You have to stand up to them, or they'll never stop!"

Kikwang shrugged sadly. "It doesn't matter anyway."

"You have really low self-esteem, you know that?" You muttered.

"I do." Kikwang agreed.

You gave him a wary glance. "You need to learn to stand up for yourself. Look at me, for example. I'm not popular, because I do what I want and I say what I want. And some of those stuff offend people who offend me. I don't care what anybody says or thinks about me, and I'm proud of that."

Kikwang looked at you with admiration in his eyes. "Wow......."

You started to do your work, but you were conscious of the fact that Kikwang's eyes never left you.

**********************************************************************************************************

Hey, sweetlings! I'm back! ^^

Kikwang-biased fic is here! Woo~!

Man, why is Kikwang so...........pathetic in this? LOL low self-esteem!!!!

Anyway, the fun is just beginning...................^^