↷Two

To You

 

 

            Yukwon and Yui have been friends for the longest time. Since they were kids, Yui always had Yukwon’s back. She was always the one standing up for him. They’d both come home bruised and dirty. At least they were proud that they gave a good fight. Yui was Yukwon’s neighbour and schoolmate. She was the only daughter of a woman who spent a lot of time with different men. She got remarried to a drunkard who did nothing useful all day long. Yui was always alone. This little girl was never given much care for by her parents. They were never even home, even if they were, they just fought and fought.

            One day. This little girl ran out of the house, covered in blood and her clothes tattered. She was pale as snow with what she had witnessed. This 10 year old girl was shaking nonstop when the police found her hiding inside the playground. It was revealed to everyone that her mom had killed her stepfather out of self defense. From then on, Yui was alone. Yui changed. She never came out anymore, her lively laughs were never heard again, and her bright smile was never seen; she shut herself in and never even talked to Yukwon again. That’s when they started to bully her at school. They started calling her out because word spread about what happened about her family. Yukwon tried his best to defend his friend. He regularly got called into the faculty for starting fights.

            One day, Yukwon got cornered after all his foes got together and ganged up on him. To everyone’s surprise, she stood there with a blank face. It was as if she was lifeless. She never said a word as she beat everyone down into a pulp. When everything was taken care of, she stood up and looked at Yukwon’s face. It was understood, she’d always have his back.

Yukwon finally had the courage to talk to Yui again but all he came to was an empty house. Yui moved without a word.  

 

 

            They lost contact for so long until recently…

“Where are the others?” Yukwon asked as he surveyed the room, only to see two people, Kyung and Taeil.

“Jiho had a job for them.”Kyung replied casually.

“What job?” Yukwon asked, clueless. There was a job he wasn’t informed of. He felt quite left out at that moment.

“yeah, they had to kidnap some girl.” Kyung replied as if nothing was wrong with that.

“what?!” Yukwon seemed surprised.

“”you didn’t know? Doomsday has some top girl somewhere in the city and we’re gonna hold her hostage.” Taeil replied.

“how much are we asking for again?” Kyung asked.

“40k at most; if we go higher, I don’t think doomsday would give a damn for that girl.” Taeil replied. Yukwon was really wondering why he knew nothing about this. Jiho never informed him of such job. Woo Jiho, even if it wasn’t noticeable, also had a heart. He knew Yukwon was gonna have his national exams and he didn’t want to bother his hyung. He respected that Yukwon was still serious about his studies and getting a normal job and life after all this.

The door opened and all eyes shifted towards that direction. Minhyuk, Jiho, Jaehyo and Jihoon walked in. Jihoon had the girl over his shoulder.

“You shouldn’t have done that Jaehyo.” Minhyuk scolded him.

“Why what did hyung do?” Kyung asked.

“Jaehyo knocked her out. Dude, what was the chloroform for?” Minhyuk told off.

“she making too much of a fuss.” Jaehyo replied coldly while pouring himself a drink.

Once they laid the girl down on the recliner, her eyes opened wide and she quickly jumped up. “What the hell!” she shouted. Before she could even get away from the seat, Jihoon and Yukwon held her down. This girl was a feisty one; she was kicking and wriggling all over. She looked like she had a demon in her body ready to be exorcised.

“yah! Don’t make me make you sleep again!” Jaehyo shouted.

“you better quit putting up a fight now. He means it. I don’t want to see you get hurt.” Yukwon whispered.

Somehow, those words hit something deep inside Yui’s heart. She looked at Yukwon as if she was confused with this feeling inside her. For some reason, his eyes didn’t leave hers as well. “Yukwon, go and tie her up already. I’m gonna order some pizza.” Kyung said. Yui froze, shocked with hearing that name that made everything come back to her. She realised why this feeling when she looked into this guy’s eyes was so familiar.

That split second that Yukwon turned his head again to look at her, she flung her arms around Yukwon’s neck and embraced him tightly.

“Kim Yukwon.” She said his name lovingly as she breathed in his scent as she buried her face on his shoulder.

Yukwon was taken aback and so was Block B. but there was this feeling Yukwon just couldn’t ignore. He hugged her back unconsciously as he remembered the same feeling from long ago.

“Yu-Yui?” He called out her name.

She smiled and pulled away. She wasn’t trying to escape anymore. “it’s been a while.” She smiled at him. Now he was the one who was confused.

“wh-what are you doing here??” he sounded so worried about her as he held her on both shoulders tightly, “why are you with Doomsday? You’re their top girl?? There must be some mistake!” Yukwon babbled on with his eyes shifting from Yui to Jiho.

“ah? You know each other?” Jiho asked calmly as if sarcastic with his tone, “well maybe you didn’t know her that well. Ask her yourself.”

Yukwon looked at Yui and she was looking away, avoiding his eyes now. “Yui?” Yukwon called. She breathed in, “um,” she nodded, “I’m with Doomsday.” She replied.

“now that’s settled, Yui was it?” Jiho butted in, “let me explain to you what’s gonna happen. Since you’re hyung’s friend, we’re not gonna do anything to you as long as you stay put.” He said as he leaned back on his leather office chair. He put his feet up on the desk and fiddled with his ring, “we’re just gonna ask some money from Doomsday in exchange for their top girl. Since we’re… running low on funds you see.” He explained.

Yui looked really calm. She stared at her thighs and smirked, “how much?” she asked as if amused with Block B’s plan. “Half a million; I heard Doomsday hit a goldmine mugging a hotshot gambling lord.” Jiho answered, making small talk. “Jiho, I don’t think Doomsday will pay that much.” Taeil butted it.

“what do you think Yui, how much is your head worth?” Jiho asked.

“Not a lot I bet.” Yui answered.

“Do we have to give her back to Doomsday?” Yukwon asked worriedly.

“I don’t want to go back to doomsday…” she blurted out.

 

From that day on, they’ve been stuck with the girl who proved that she was worth the title of Top Girl.

 

 

 

 



 

basically this is just a flashback chapter.
sorry. Comment and subscribe! tell me what you think. :)