The morning after

Coincidence?

Blinking away the morning light invading the space of his bedroom, Chansung tossed and turned in bed until his head was covered under the blanket. Remembering that he’s not alone, he pulled back the blanket a bit to reveal a tuft of wavy, brunette hair. Pulling the blanket even more, he slowly exposed a pair of eyes, a cute little nose and full, pouty lips.

Seeing him resting so peacefully brought out a heavy but content sigh, deep from Chansung’s chest. The events form the past few weeks came rushing back, making him space out and just think about how he got to this point.

 A cat.

It all started out with this cute, little ball of fuzz and soon turned into this gorgeous man (figuratively and literally) currently sleeping by his side. Leaning down, he brushed away Junho’s bangs and got a furrowing of eyebrows and twitching of his noise in response. Realising that Junho was somewhat awake, Chansung leaned over and softly blew warm air near his ears. This made the little kit fuss even more and bury his face into the pillow.

“Good morning Junho” he hummed near the smaller man’s face.

He blinked in response, and gave a cheeky smile before he buried himself back under the blankets. He tossed and turned under the covers which made Chansung giggle at the very feline behaviour. “Junho,” he continued to sing song his name as he got under the covers too and tried looking for him. ‘Why are there so many blankets? Is he in Narnia seriously how did he manage to disappear?’

“GOOD MORNING CHANSUNG!” a shout and a pounce on said man’s back answered his question as Junho swooped down and made his presence known. Chansung yelled at the sudden attack but managed to swing Junho over so that he was the one on top. Squirming under Chansung’s tight hold of him, Junho could do nothing but laugh at the hold around him.

“You’re not a cat anymore Junho, you’re too heavy to do that,” his giant smile showing that he didn’t mind at all.

“Well technically I’m still--” he was cut off by Chansung dipping down and claiming his lips in a kiss. Smiling around Chansung’s lips, he returned the kiss with the same amount of sweetness given to him. A kiss with no other intention of showing and receiving love; their intimate moment drowning out the world around them. Parting slightly but still somewhat brushing their lips together, Junho was the first to break the comfortable silence.

“What should I call you?” Puzzled, Chansung replied with his name but Junho only shook his head. “No I mean, as a title. You’re not my master anymore, are you? Do you still want me to call you master?”

Without his control, Chansung’s mind flashed images of rope, tight spandex pants and handcuffs. ‘Not THAT master idiot!’ Clearing his throat and snapping out of his train of thought, he wasn’t sure how to reply to the question. ‘Is he my boyfriend? Are we a couple? Couples date right, we should go on a…’ “Date!” he didn’t realise he yelled out the word and Junho only blinked back at the outburst.

“What?”

“I said date…”

“What about the date?”

“No I mean we should go out on a date.”

At that Junho sat upright and clapped his hands together, “Excellent! Let’s do that!” Chansung was relieved at the easy response and chuckled at the reaction. “But first, what’s a date?”

Chuckles turned into full blown out laughter at the innocence of the smaller man. “It’s when two people who like each other go out and hang out. You know, eat, talk and just enjoy each other’s company.”

“Oh I see! So what we were doing before right? We were dating before?”

Flushing at the straight response, it dawned on him that Junho was right. “But a date counts if the people in it are a couple or they like each other. Like boyfriend-girlfriend or boyfriend-boyfriend,” he sheepishly replied, trying to convince himself more than Junho.

He pondered over what was said but broke out into a grin before replying, “But you did like me before right? And I liked you too. So we were boyfriends before? Are you my boyfriend now Chansung, is that what I’ll call you?”

Not being able to handle Junho’s frankness or how cute he is when saying the word ‘boyfriend’, he buried himself under the covers and mumbled his reply, making Junho pounce on him again.

 

Making sure the front door was locked and slipping on his shoes, Chansung looked out to Junho in his front yard looking at something on the fence. Coming closer, he saw that he was staring at a snow white barn owl perched on the fence between his and Jinyoung hyung’s house.

“It’s so white,” he gasped in awe at the beautiful creature. Junho reached out to pet the owl but it fluttered away to sit itself on Jinyoung’s shoulder. It ruffled its feathers before roosting and making itself comfortable.

“Hyung, how many animals do you really have?” questioned Chansung. He was pretty sure he has seen more than one white animal at his residence but his neighbour always brushed him off. Jinyoung scrutinized Junho for a long while, holding him under his gaze and inspecting him from head to toe until a sly smile crept its way on his face.

“Why don’t you ask the Emperor?” he replied over his shoulder while making his way back into his house, leaving the pair with wide open jaws and stunned expressions. On the way the owl leaned in towards his ear and clacked its beak away, like it was telling him a message.

“Yep he’s a witch, I knew it I knew it!” he yelled while he dragged Junho with haste to get away from the ‘witch’s hut’ as quickly as possible.

 


I am horrible. 

This is just under 1000 words and to be fair I can't even write my 2000 word essay right now so this is an accomplisment for me. 

I decided to stop there and break off the final chapter into two parts so this is part one and the second part will be them going on a date and wrapping it up. If you guys ask for it, I might even write an epilouge. I've been stuck in the mud with my writing for so long I just figured I might as well put something up so the pressure of having to update soon will make me write more. 

Tell me what you think and throw shoes at me for being so late *opens arms to accept shoe throwing willingly*

<3