Feel

Coincidence?

“Chansung,” he softly cried out but that only made the tall boy cover his ears.

“Chansung,” he tried again but that made Chansung force his eyes shut and shake his head.

“Chansung. Please look up,” slowly the dishevelled man stopped shaking his head and pried his eyes open. Little by little he removed his hands from his ears and made to look up. With his last bit of strength, Junho outstretched his trembling hand towards Chansung. Inching forward, he tried to reach out to the frightened boy but his vision got hazy. Black spots seeped into his line of sight and everything started to shift. He tried calling out, crying, screaming, but couldn’t manage more than a few choked sobs.

“Junho!”

The last thing he saw before darkness took over was the broken look on Chansung’s face as he toppled over the counter.

 

He felt his head sloshing back and forth, like a baby’s cradle or a softly rocking ship, his head went back and forth.

Back and forth.

Back and forth he felt his body sway. He must be on a ship for all that movement to be possible. Why was he on a ship? ‘Why am I on a boat? I hate water. I hope Chansung didn’t drag me to the middle of the ocean. I hate the ocean, tuna lives there. The only thing we’ll have to eat is that wretched fish.’

“Junho”

‘Ah there’s master himself. Watch what happens if he dares make me fetch a tuna for lunch.’

“Junho?”

‘I said I’m coming hold your horses. Better wake up from my nap before he tosses me overboard.’

He opened his eyes too suddenly and the white light blinded Junho momentarily. His head aching with dull throbs, he tried to cover his eyes and head with his arms but found that he was too weak to move them. Gradually he gained his vision and expecting to see the open blue skies, he found himself staring at a ceiling instead. Craning his neck to look at the rest of his surroundings, he discovered that he was in a room and was tucked into bed with a wet patch on top of his head. Feeling some life coming back into his arms and legs, he slowly pushed himself up to get a better look at where he was. Chansung -inches away from his face- was the first sight to greet him.

“Junho?”

Once he stopped seeing double and his eyes focused, he was able to see much clearly. He was able to see Chansung’s pale and gaunt complexion as plain as day. Chansung’s soft, pink lips, his perfectly painted cupid’s bow, were parted slightly. He could see every pore, every scratch, even his faint birthmark on the right side of his jaw. His eyes however, he had always been able to see them clearly. From the moment he saw Chansung, there has been nothing that had drawn him more to him than his eyes. His eyes give away everything, like wearing his heart out on his sleeve, Junho was able to read him like a book, as a cat and as a human. The window was wide open and the soft, white curtains did nothing to hide the light of the afternoon sun so Chansung’s eyes caught every ray of light flooding into the room. At first glance, he seems to have deep brown eyes but when the sun hits, they bloom into a soft caramel. A kaleidoscope of small pieces of glass, catching the sun and reflecting it, catching light and shining it in his face.

“Jun…ho?”

Having crawled onto Chansung’s lap and held onto his face, mesmerised and in his own world, he didn’t realise how close he had gotten to him. So deep in the sweet, brown orbs of the man, he was too preoccupied with his own thoughts than the breathing distance between them. Chansung has always had that effect on him and like every other time, he would find himself gripped by the depth of his inviting eyes.

“We’re not at sea?”

Stammering from the infinitesimal distance between them and the question that caught him off-guard, Chansung replied with no more than a few unintelligible sounds. Junho needed nothing more from him as he took that as an invitation and pushed his lips against Chansung’s open ones.

 

A litany of ‘Oh god, oh god, oh god’ in his head was all Chansung could respond with since he’s lost control over basic body movements and brain function. Junho shifting in his lap and dragging his hands from his thighs, up his chest until they finally rested on his shoulders seemed to snap Chansung out of his short circuit. Putting his thoughts on mute, he placed his hands on top of Junho’s and finally responded.

It wouldn’t be appropriate to call what Junho’s given him a kiss. Not even making out or ‘giving tongue’ come near to describing the moment. After being out cold for 3 days with a very high fever and minimal signs of life, Junho is now giving him life. Breathing life into his lungs, reviving him from his shattered heart.  Getting stabbed and deflated after seeing the Emperor with minimal chances of survival and then Junho not showing any signs of consciousness, he needed more than just a kiss. And so that is what Junho gave him.

What started off as just a shy pressing of the lips gently escalated to their lips dancing in harmony. Not wanting to be too rough on Junho, Chansung tenderly nibbled on his mouth and on his plump bottom lip. Swiping his tongue after each bite, he poured more than just his love into the simple action. Emptying out everything in him, his adoration for the smaller man, his hopes, dreams, his desires, there was nothing left unshared in the quiet moment between the two.

Giving a last tentative before pulling back, he opened his eyes to look at the precious boy in his arms. His chest slightly heaving with his hands still wrapped around his shoulders, Junho looked nothing short of breath-taking. Not worried that the massive smile on his face might make a permanent home there, he was too happy and so in love, he felt like he couldn’t breathe. Grappling for anything to anchor himself onto before he floats away to cloud nine, he gripped Junho’s arms and shoulders and tried to take in as much of him as he can.

Coming down from their high, Junho was the first to break the silence. “Have you heard of a reverse were-cat?”

Chansung’s smile faltered once he was brought back to the reality of the past week’s events. Junho was a cat, a cat that he’s seen transform in front of his eyes. A cat that once in human form, healed itself all of its wounds and was passed out for 3 days straight.

“I don’t think reverse were-cat is even a thing but I think that’s the best I can describe myself. I was born a cat. Typical stray cat from a stray family, we got by with whatever scraps we found and I had a pretty normal kitten childhood. Then one day a stranger found me when I wandered off too far from the litter and decided to take me. He took me to his home, bathed me, feed me, and gave me everything and so much more. I didn’t know at the time what I felt but now I could say it was something close to love. I loved my owner for taking such good care of me and treating me like family.”

Chansung felt something stir inside him. Not strong enough for the feeling to show on his face but ugly enough for him to feel it in the pit of his stomach. Jealousy.

“But…” reading the signs on Chansung’s face, Junho continued on with his story, “that’s when it happened. I didn’t even realise what had happened until I looked down at my self and saw a human body. I didn’t know what to do and did the only thing a stray cat knows when it’s in trouble: run. I ran away from that house and back to where my litter was. Of course by then, none of my brothers and sisters had stayed behind so I was left all alone, more alone than I ever was. A day or two after my transformation, I turned back into the cat I was before. Scared that I might turn again, I avoided human contact as much as possible. That is, until I met you. Do you know get why I never meowed or made any noises at you? Or why I never stepped inside your house?”

Once the puzzle pieces were all laid out in front of him, the riddle that was the Emperor, made perfect sense. He was never vocal and never stepped into his house because, “You didn’t want to get attached. You didn’t want to develop feelings for me right?”

A shy smile painted its way across his face before he continued. “Well as you can see, that plan didn’t work. I still fell for you. Even with those precautions, I still fell in love with you.” Ducking his head to cover his flushed face, Junho sighed, “I’m sorry Chansung. I didn’t mean to cause you trouble. Even as Junho or as the Emperor, it seems that I always end up hurting you.” Looking up through his bangs, he waited for Chansung’s response. A scolding, a shout, anything to punish him because he feels so awful for all that he’s put Chansung through when all he did was show him love.

Chansung reached out to his face, making him flinch and prepare for the worst when he felt soft hands push his fringe away. He opened his eyes and saw Chansung with the same tranquil and blissfully content face.

“Is there a cure?”

He scrunched up his face in deep thought which made the hand still on his face then smooth out his furrowed brows. Relaxing under the delicate touch and leaning in to Chansung’s hand he whispered, “I don’t know. But I think it happens when I feel emotions, human emotions. And you make me feel human .”

 


WOW! An unexpected family trip and my tutoring job made updating a little slow but I finally did it!

THEY CONFESSED! FINALLY MY GOODNESS!

I have never written a kissing scene before and I don't know if I got all the emotions right (It's not like I can draw on my own life experiences *cough* (/ω\) And again, sorry for the spelling and grammar mistakes. I fixed up my tenses as much as I could but I'm sure something slipped past me lol :P

I hope it's not too cheesy or over done and that you guys enjoyed it! Thank you for reading lovelies! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ