Just Us

A shot a day

 

 

 

Just Us

 

 

 

 

Hands shoved in his jeans pocket, Jiyong leans at the tree as he silently watch Dara far ahead to where he’s standing. She was sitting in an empty bench overlooking Han River, her eyes glued at the bridge, mesmerized by the various colorful lights surrounding it. It’s already dark, it was already past midnight and the park is already empty, but Jiyong knew she has no plans of leaving just yet.

 

Jiyong lets out a sigh, Dara doesn’t need to say anything but he knows that something is bothering her, she only goes in this place when she needs time for herself, the park is a good place to get away from the crowds and bustle of Seoul, at this time of the night, there’s only a few who goes here, that’s why they chose this place as their sanctuary.

 

His eyes travelled to where Dara is looking and the sight took his breath away, the views of the Han River and the city are just simply stunning, it was calming in the eyes, and the cool breeze brought by the night didn’t fail to soothe the tension in his body. A smile slowly crept on his lips as his eyes went back to the petite girl, who remained oblivious of his presence.

 

Do you realize how beautiful you are?

 

Do you realize that you’re the world to me?

 

You always say that you are not perfect, but you are to me. If only you knew. I often wonder what you think of.

 

Is it me?

 

I always think of you.

 

If only you would look back, see me. Maybe if I stare into your eyes long enough, you’ll see that my eyes longs for you, and see no one but you.

 

Maybe then, you will let me hug you, then I’ll press you closely in my chest so that you will hear how my heart beats excitedly with your presence.

 

Maybe then, you will look up at me, and then you will give me your brightest smile and your eyes shining with happiness.

 

Maybe then, I will tell you, with my most gentle voice I could master, that you don’t need to worry, that you just have to hold on to me and believe in me that we’re just going to be fine.

 

Jiyong felt his own heart break when he saw a tear slides down Dara’s cheek, the hands that was inside his jeans pocket curled into a fist as he prevents himself to go to her and comforts her. She needs time.

 

Is it me? Is it me who’s troubling you?

 

You’re free spirited, the one who’s always laughing, loving life. Nothing can touch you.

 

Yet, here’s a misplaced teardrop found its way to the ground from your eye.

 

Jiyong couldn’t take it anymore, and the next thing he knew, he was now sitting down next to Dara. He frowned when she didn’t made a move.

 

That’s fine. I’ll wait. We have all the time in the world, nowhere to go and nowhere to be. I could sit here with you forever and never wish to leave.

 

Another tear drops from Dara’s eyes, and Jiyong remained silent still, but internally begging her to speak. Speak to me…he begged inside his head, hoping that his message will reach her. His mind is whirling. Dara was just sitting next to him, calm and steady but with tears now streaming down her beautiful face. His chest constricted, he felt suffocated, for deep inside his aching heart, he knew that her tears was because of him.  

 

He carefully stood up, determined to step back and give her more time, but her hand find its way to his. He looked down at her and their eyes met. “Stay…”

 

Her gentle voice was all that he needed and he pulled her up against him. Jiyong sob like an idiot into her shoulder, like a child who got lost and now found his way to his mother and he sob more when he felt her small hands rubbing his back, soothing him with her every touch. She was in pain, he could tell, and it was killing him, her pain is his pain and a million times more.

 

How can you remain calm while I cry pathetically?

 

You’re too important, yet I wouldn’t be able to stand it if you leave me.

 

When all I needed is for you to just hold me like this forever; warm and sweet.

 

Maybe you can just hold on to me, no matter how much I push you away, and then I’ll do the same.

 

I really don’t care, as long as we are together.

 

“Jiyongie…”

 

Her voice was a sweet melody in his ears. A beautiful and gentle voice that is calming to whoever will hear her, but to him, it was painful, it was painful to hear his name from her.

 

They say that you are not good enough for me, but what they don’t know is that, it was me who doesn’t deserve you.

 

You’re kind, you are gentle, you are everything. You’re near perfection.

 

How can they not see that?

 

Don’t they know that you are the reason why I’m happy, the only reason why I smile.

 

The only person that can lure Kwon Jiyong out.

 

How can they hurt you?

 

It should be me.

 

You did nothing wrong for you to deserve the harshness of the world.

 

All you did was to love me.

 

Jiyong tightened her hold on Dara. She silently begs to hear what she needs to hear, and him, he wanted her to tell him what’s on her mind, but knowing her, she needs time, so he holds her anyway. He’ll be there for her. He’ll be there forever. He let out a sigh and whispers the only thing he can think of “I love you”

 

Dara shot her head up. Her breath hitched up “I love you too” She managed to say before she choked as another wave of tears stream down her face. She’s was happy, rejoicing, she can’t believe that Jiyong figured it out.

 

He loves her.

 

She’s good enough.

 

Her head clears of the fog once again.

 

She’s here with him and nowhere else.

 

She’s the rightful owner of his heart. Never mind, what the others think.

 

She doesn’t care.

 

He loves her, and that’s all that matters.

 

It was her, yesterday, today and hopefully in the near future.

 

It was her and nobody else.

 

“Dara-yah…I love you more than you know” He whispers. “You’re the most beautiful and thoughtful girl I’ve ever met. No one and nothing compares to you”

 

Dara stayed silent. She doesn’t know what to say and she has no plans to say something, yet. She just wanted to savor his every word, his words is what she needed to heal the pain his so called fans had inflicted in her heart.

 

“You are my dream, my fantasy and my reality” Jiyong continued. “You are not my world, but you are my universe, I’m Jack, I am willing to die for you too” He sigh with content at his own words. He can’t find the right words to say how much Dara means to him, he knows he was blabbering, he just simply loves her, beyond words.

 

A small smile crept on Dara’s lips as she reached out and cupped his cheeks “I’m not Rose, I will not watch you die for me, and instead, I will die with you.

 

Jiyong looks into her eyes for a moment, and when it dawned on him what she’s trying to say, he smiled at her and leans closer to her, giving her a gentle kiss on her forehead and then to her soft pink lips “Then, let’s not be Jack and Rose. Let’s not be G-Dragon and Dara…We’ll just be ourselves, Jiyong and Sandy. Let’s be ourselves together”