Chapter 4

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

 

The next morning came by slowly. Baekhyun was asleep in his bed, waiting for his alarm to wake him up. He had library duty and needed to wake up earlier than the other students to get to school early. Before the alarm could even sound, Baekhyun was awoken by the delicious scent of bacon being cooked in the kitchen. His mother had woken up extra early today to make him breakfast. Baekhyun slowly got up from his bed and headed downstairs, following the scent. He made his way into the kitchen and saw his mother putting bacon, eggs, and a slice of toast, onto a plate.

 

“Ah, Baekhyun, you’re awake. Here’s your breakfast.” Said his mom, handing him the plate.

 

Baekhyun took the plate from her and sat by the counter, watching his mom cook some more food. Not long after, his older sister came down after smelling the bacon as well. “Waah, it’s been a while since I ate breakfast.” She said, as she took a fork and stole some of Baekhyun’s bacon.

 

“YAH, GET YOUR OWN!” shouted Baekhyun, pushing his plate further away from his sister. His sister pouted and put the fork in . She turned back to Baekhyun and a smirk started forming on her face. “Soooo, how’s things going on with you and that girl?” she asked.

 

Baekhyun poked at his eggs and stayed silent. “Hey, who lent you those clothes?!” his sister shouted, making him answer.

 

“We started dating…” mumbled Baekhyun, stuffing some eggs into his mouth. His sister’s jaw dropped. She started patting Baekhyun’s back hard and gave him a thumbs up. Baekhyun finished his breakfast and sent his sister a glare before leaving for school. He put on his shoes and started walking towards the school. Like usual, there was always a few students already there waiting for Chanyeol and Jongin to come. He ignored them and walked past them, towards the library. When Baekhyun walked into the library, he was surprised to see that Jongin and Chanyeol were there before him again.

 

“Good morning, Baekhyun.” Said Chanyeol, waving at him as he sat by one of the desks. Jongin nodded at him and went back to doing whatever he was doing before. Baekhyun’s face turned red after he saw Chanyeol.

 

That’s the person I’m dating…or …. erh… Baekkie is…

 

He went over to his counter and put his bag down onto the ground. Chanyeol started making his way over to the counter where Baekhyun was and took a seat in front of him. “You and Baekkie are cousins right?” Chanyeol asked, resting his chin on his arm.

 

Baekhyun’s throat felt dry after hearing Chanyeol’s question. He sipped some water from his water bottle before replying back to Chanyeol. “Um, yeah…”

 

“Do you know that we’re dating?”

 

Baekhyun nodded and started turning away to hide his red face.

 

“Are you sure you’re fine with us dating? I mean…isn’t it weird for your friend to date your cousin?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Whatever she does is her business. I have no right to bud in…”

 

Chanyeol smiled and put his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Your cousin seems like a good girl. I promise you I won’t make her cry.”

 

Baekhyun stayed silent and stared down at his hands. They were sweating from the nervousness. From the corner of his eyes he could see Chanyeol taking out his phone. He lifted his head up to see Chanyeol holding his phone in front of him. “Your number, can I have it?”

 

Just when Baekhyun was about to hand him his phone, he remembered that he already gave his number as Baekkie. His hand started shaking and his forehead was getting sweaty. “U-Umm…”

 

AAAHHHHH, WHAT DO I DO?! WWHAAAT DOOOO I DOOO?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

“I guess not then…haha…” said Chanyeol as his smile started fading away.

 

“Ah, no…xxx-xxx-xxxx, that’s my number.” Baekhyun said. In the spur of the moment, Baekhyun told Chanyeol a number. Not his number, but Sehun’s number. He didn’t know what else to do and he didn’t want Chanyeol to think that he didn’t want to be friends with him. Chanyeol entered the number into his contacts and showed it to Baekhyun.

 

“Now that I have yours, do you want mine?” he asked.

 

Baekhyun took out his phone and held it in his hands. Chanyeol’s eyebrows started moving up when he saw it. “You have the same phone case as Baekkie.”

 

Baekhyun started panicking. He didn’t know what to say now. “Uh u-uh……………”

 

“You guys must be close to have the same case.” Chanyeol laughed and told Baekhyun his number.

 

He pretended to enter it into his phone and then put it away. Before Chanyeol could say anything more, Jongin got up and tapped his shoulder. “I think we should head to class now, the bell’s going to ring soon.”

 

Chanyeol nodded and waved goodbye to Baekhyun. “I’ll see you tomorrow!”

 

Baekhyun waved back and let out a loud sigh of relief when they exited the room.

 

Baekhyun…you are stupid…STUUUUPID.

 

The bell rang and Baekhyun headed to class. He sat in his seat with his mind full of thoughts.

 

Chanyeol’s going to pick up…erh…Baekkie…after school…I guess I’ll change quickly right after school at Sehun’s house again and then head over to that school. Hah…

 

Classes went by slowly. For every class, Baekhyun’s eyes were just glued onto the clock, waiting for school to end.

 

“Byun Baekhyun!” shouted his teacher, trying to get his attention.

 

Baekhyun didn’t hear her and continued to stare at the clock. His teacher got annoyed and slammed her hand against the desk. “BYUN BAEKHYUN!”

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and turned over to look at his angry teacher. He stood up with his hands against his sides and waited for her to say something.

 

“DETENTION AFTER SCHOOL!” she shouted, resuming back to her class.

 

Baekhyun sat back down and hit his head, “Stupid…”

 

The bell rang and all the students rushed out of the classroom, except for Baekhyun. He sat in his seat and drew circles on the desk with his finger. His teacher sat in her seat and started marking some work, ignoring his presence.

 

“When can I leave?” asked Baekhyun.

 

“When you answer all the questions on page 130, the questions you were too busy to do.”

 

He took out his textbook and flipped the pages to page 130. There were 12 questions.

 

Pfft, this is easy. I just need to do this quickly now.

 


 

“You have to walk home today alone, Jongin. I’m picking up Baekkie from her school today.” Said Chanyeol, placing his books into his bag.

 

Jongin made a disgusted face, “Psh, she’s not worth your time.”

 

Chanyeol smiled at Jongin and laughed, “Jealous?”

 

Jongin shook his head and waved his hands in front, “NO! I don’t need a girlfriend. All of your girlfriends are the same anyways. They like you at first for your face, but once they get to know you, they get annoyed and leave. All girls are the same. They’re all stupid and they all hurt you.”

 

Chanyeol zipped up his bag and hung it on his shoulder, “I don’t know but Baekkie feels different from those girls. I know she won’t do anything like that. Besides, she’s Baekhyun’s cousin and Baekhyun’s a good person. I’m sure Baekkie is too.” He patted Jongin’s back and made his way for the door.

 

“Let’s just hope you don’t come to me all depressed because of her…”


 

While Chanyeol was making his way over to the other school, Baekhyun was still in the classroom working on the questions.

 

Damn, they looked easy but WHY ARE THEY SO DAMN HARD?!

Baekhyun wanted flip tables now. His teacher was being a for giving him detention and making him do all these questions. He wasn’t paying any attention at all to class so he didn’t know how to do any of the questions. He was finally annoyed after trying it a few more times and made his way to his teacher. “Miss, I can’t do any of these.”

 

His teacher looked at his workbook and looked up at him. “Well I’m not teaching the lesson again. Go home and work through it by yourself. I better see these questions done by tomorrow. You can leave now.”

 

Baekhyun quickly packed his bag and ran out of the classroom. He ran to Sehun’s house and started getting ready to turn into Baekkie. Sehun was still not home yet, so Baekhyun didn’t have to feel embarrassed. Once he was done putting on the uniform, wig, makeup, and shoes, he left Sehun’s house and made his way to the school. When he got there, he saw Chanyeol waiting by the gates, staring at his phone every now and then.

 

Oh …what am I doing to do?

 

Baekhyun looked around the school and then ran to the side of the school to look for an alternate way in. Luckily, there was a wall low enough for him to climb over. He climbed over when no one was looking and headed towards the gate. Chanyeol saw him walking over and started walking towards him.

 

“Baekkie.” He said, smiling and wrapping his arms around Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun’s body froze at the sudden contact. “S-S-Sorry I t-took so long……………”

 

Chanyeol shook his head and ran his hands through Baekhyun’s wig. “It’s fine, I didn’t wait too long.”

 

LIES! It’s 4:00 now and you usually leave school at 3:30!

 

Chanyeol took a hold of Baekhyun’s hand in his and started leading the way out of the school. Baekhyun blushed, seeing that his hands were holding Chanyeol’s. It felt like a dream. He never knew something like this could happen to him. He never thought he would be able to date the person he’s been watching. He never thought Chanyeol might actually like him back.

 

Chanyeol…likes me too?...................no. Chanyeol likes Baekkie. If he ever found out that Baekkie is actually me, Baekhyun, I think he’d have a heart attack. He’s going to throw up if he realizes that he’s been holding hands with another guy and maybe even…*cough*…kiss….!

 

They started walking far away from the school. Baekhyun started to wonder where they were going. “U-Um, Chanyeol…oppa? Where are we going?” Baekhyun asked in his high pitched, girl voice.

 

Chanyeol turned back to look at Baekhyun, “A date!”.

 

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped and his heart started racing.

 

A…d-date…with…CHANYEOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

 

-------------------

THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING SO PATIENT!

I'm sorry it took so long just to update D;

everything will be back to normal from now on!

i'll be updating more often, or at least try to :D

i hope this chapter was worth the wait!

thank you everyone! <3