Chapter 11

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

“Are you ready?” Sehun said, turning to look at his friend as they stood in front of the school doors.

 

Baekhyun sighed and took a deep breath, “I think so…”

 

Sehun rested his arm on Baekhyun’s shoulders and pulled him into his side, “So, what are you going to say?”

 

“Now that we’re both calm, I think I’ll just tell him everything from the beginning…from when I started liking him to……..when all this happened.”

 

Sehun nodded at his reply and sent him on his way to the library. As Baekhyun headed down the hallway to the library, his heart started pounding. It was still early in the morning and not that many students had arrived yet. He looked around at his surroundings as he passed doors and lockers, almost arriving at his destination. After a few more steps, he had finally reached the library doors. He looked up and down at the door as if he hadn’t seen it before. Slowly, he opened the doors and right in front of his eyes was Chanyeol. He sat at his usual seat in the library, tapping his fingers against the table. Once he heard the door open, his eyes shot up and a smile immediately formed onto his face. “You finally came.” He said, with a smile glued on.

 

Baekhyun forced a slight smile and closed the door behind him before taking a seat in front of the male. There was silence between them. Although Chanyeol was overjoyed that Baekhyun finally came to see him, he was overly nervous now that his wait was over. Just as Chanyeol was about to take the initiative to break the silence, unexpectedly, Baekhyun decided that he should be the one to start it.

 

“Ever since I first saw you, I started liking you… At first I liked you only for your face…but as I watched you more and more, I noticed that your personality was great. You were kind and everything to make you perfect. I knew that I was a guy, but I just couldn’t stop myself from liking you. Before I knew it, I fell in love with you too deep and I couldn’t escape it anymore. It was like I had fallen into an abyss, never able to get out. I really hoped that you would fall in love with me if we continued dating and you saw more of my real self. I hoped you would somehow magically fall in love with Baekhyun. Lying to you wasn’t a good idea…I really didn’t want to lie to you, but what else could I do to make you like me…? I’m sorry for everything I did. It must’ve been disgusting…knowing that you’ve hugged and kissed me. I’m truly sorry.” Baekhyun said everything he wanted to and kept his eyes on the table, not wanting to see what Chanyeol’s reaction was right now.

 

Chanyeol lost his smile as he listened to Baekhyun, but afterwards got it back. He lifted Baekhyun’s chin, making the male stare into his eyes and planted a gentle kiss onto his lips. Baekhyun’s eyes grew wider as he felt the lips onto his. Their lips parted and Chanyeol let out a sigh. “I wanted to hate you…but knowing that I was actually dating you, I couldn’t. I know I said that you and Baekkie weren’t the same but…you two are. After I found out that you were actually Baekkie, I started realizing that you were more of Baekhyun when you were her. I was stupid for thinking that I would never fall in love with you…I-I…I just can’t live without you now. I need you in my life. I don’t care if you’re a girl or a guy. All I want is Baekhyun…Byun Baekhyun.” He placed his hands on top of Baekhyun’s and it with his thumb.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t prepared to listen to all of that. He was definitely sure that Chanyeol would’ve rejected him. Even though Chanyeol had finally fallen in love with him, his heart and mind wasn’t ready for his love yet. “I’m not ready to accept all of this yet. It’s not that I don’t like you anymore…but I-I-I’m just not…you know…ready.” He slid his hands out from Chanyeol’s hold and placed them onto his lap.

 

“I’ll wait until you’re ready then…as long as it takes, I’ll wait.” 


“How did it go?”

 

Baekhyun sat in his classroom after he talked with Chanyeol and Sehun joined him. They had a few minutes before class would start so they decided to talk about what happened.

 

“It went well.” Baekhyun was starting to smile now. He was relieved that Chanyeol didn’t hate him and he was extremely happy that Chanyeol actually liked him now.

 

“Are you two dating now?” Sehun asked, resting his chin on his hand.

 

Baekhyun shook his head, “I don’t think I’ve recovered yet. He said he would wait until I’m ready so I’m hoping I’ll be able to go back to normal soon.”

 

Sehun patted his back and smiled along with him, “That’s good. It’s good to see that you don’t have to lie anymore. I know it was hard for you. Now you can just relax.”

 

A few girls walked into the classroom talking loudly and annoyingly. “Did you hear that Chanyeol-oppa and his new girlfriend broke up just a few days ago?”

 

“Really? I saw them together once, she was really pretty!”

 

“Yeah, but apparently this time it wasn’t the girl that broke up with oppa, it was actually him that ended it. She must’ve had a bad personality.”

 

“What?! Chanyeol-oppa broke up with her?! His last girlfriend was bad but this girl was actually bad enough to make him break up with her? Wow, I’m amazed. What a .”

 

“I know right? Hahaha.”

 

“My friend told me that she saw Chanyeol-oppa arguing with that girl. Her makeup was running, such an ugly scene!”

 

“Ew! No wonder Chanyeol-oppa broke up with her! Without all that makeup she’s probably the ugliest girl ever!”

 

Sehun listened to their conversation. He could tell that Baekhyun was feeling uncomfortable knowing that people actually saw what happened between him and Chanyeol. “Hey, why don’t you guys shut up.” Sehun shouted, turning over and glaring at the girls. The girls were shocked that Sehun yelled at them, but that didn’t stop them from continuing their conversation.

 

The girls looked away with a smirk on their faces, “I also heard that the girl is Baekhyun’s cousin.”

 

“Baekhyun’s?! Really?!”

 

One of the girls walked over to Baekhyun’s desk and looked down at him, “What happened between her and Chanyeol-oppa? I’m sure you know something about it.”

 

Baekhyun started trembling in his seat. He had no idea what to say or do.

 

Of course I know about it…I know everything…

 

At last Sehun couldn’t handle any more of the girl’s annoyance and slammed his hand against the desk, startling the girls that surrounded Baekhyun. “SHUT UP.” This time the girls were afraid of Sehun and what he would do next if they didn’t stop. They quickly moved away from Baekhyun’s desk and went back to their seats, whispering to each other quietly as they made quick glances back at the two males. Sehun let out a sigh and looked at how Baekhyun was doing. Baekhyun was frozen in place, just staring at his desk, not doing anything or saying anything. Sehun nudged his arm lightly and waved his hand in front of Baekhyun’s face, only to receive no response. “Baekhyun? You okay?”

 

A smile formed on Baekhyun’s face as he turned to look at Sehun. “It doesn’t bother me…don’t worry.”

 

“You’re not changing your mind right? Chanyeol feels the same so don’t let those girls bother you okay? They’re just jealous…”

 

Baekhyun nodded but even though he knew he shouldn’t think about what those girls said too much, it kept wandering in his mind all day.

 

Hopefully no one noticed that I was actually Baekkie…those girls…they said all that about me even though they don’t know anything about “Baekkie”. What would happen if they found out that Chanyeol and I were dating…if we were to. I don’t want Chanyeol to be hated on. He has so many people that admire him and love him…all that could just change in a second if they find out that he’s…gay. Maybe I shouldn’t get back with him…maybe I should just ignore him like I had been doing the past week…maybe talking to him today was a bad idea. What should I do? There’s so much that could happen if they find out. Haah…what should I do…?

 

School ended quickly with Baekhyun’s mind elsewhere. As he was packing his bag, he heard some recognizable footsteps that were loud and heavy.

 

“Baekhyun-ah! I’m here to pick you up~!” Chanyeol screamed into the classroom.

 

Baekhyun stopped his movements and shut his eyes tightly together.

 

Please tell me I’m dreaming! PLEASE!

 

He opened his eyes and slowly turned his head into the direction the voice came from. Unluckily it was not a dream. The girls that were talking badly before started whispering things into each other’s ears, looking back and forth at Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun! Let’s walk home together!” Chanyeol shouted, causing more stares to shoot towards Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun rubbed the nape of his neck and sighed out a soft chuckle. He finished placing his books into his bag and went over to Chanyeol, doing his best to ignore all the eyes on him. They left the building in silence with their eyes looking down the whole time. Chanyeol was smiling the whole time but Baekhyun left with a frown on his face.

 

“C-Chanyeol…can you not do that again…don’t come to my classroom after school ends again.” Baekhyun mumbled.

 

Chanyeol smiled even wider, teeth showing this time. “I just wanted to see you!”

 

“Doing things like this won’t make me like you, okay?!” Baekhyun let out his anger suddenly. Chanyeol stopped in place, eyes widened and jaw dropped.

 

“Heh…right. ..I’ll go then.”

 

Baekhyun watched Chanyeol’s back as he left the school grounds. His heart started feeling pain. He didn’t mean to hurt Chanyeol but after thinking back to those girl’s words, he couldn’t help but take out his anger on him.

 

“Chanyeol…”

-----------

sorry for the long wait once again T,T 

I had half of this written like a week ago, but then I got distracted and forgot about it ;D

sorry if there's a lot of Sehun in this chapter x| 

he's just a bundle of joy and I know I shouldn't make him a really big part in this story but my fingers just wouldn't listen to me lol

I hope this chapter was worth the wait though~ :D