Chapter 14

Okay, Maybe I'm Not a Girl

“B-Baekhyun…” Chanyeol said with his eyes wide open.

 

Baekhyun stepped back to give some space between them. He stared at the ground and then smiled warmly at Chanyeol. “I think I’m over it now. I’m sorry for making you wait. Do you still l-love me…?”

 

Chanyeol immediately pulled Baekhyun into his arms and hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go. Baekhyun could feel his breath against his neck. It was slow and warm. Their chests were pressed together. Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol’s heart beating faster and faster. His arms slowly came up and wrapped them around Chanyeol’s waist. “C-Chanyeol?” he asked after they had been just hugging each other in front of his house for five minutes already.

 

“I still love you.” He mumbled into Baekhyun’s shirt. “Can we finally be together now?”

 

Baekhyun rested his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder and made himself comfortable in his shirt. “Yeah…finally.”

 

Chanyeol brought his lips closer to Baekhyun’s neck and left him a little peck before finally parting with his body. “This is the best present I’ve gotten so far.” He placed his hand onto Baekhyun’s shoulder and smiled at him. “Thank you, Baekhyun.” Gradually, he slid his hands down Baekhyun’s arm until he met with his hand. He took it into his own and caressed it gently. “I don’t want to leave you now. I don’t want to have to part from you.”

 

Baekhyun lightly touched Chanyeol’s face and brushed his thumb against his cheek. “It’s getting late now…I feel the same but I don’t want your family to worry about you. I’ll call you, okay?” Chanyeol nodded and left to go home as Baekhyun watched him until he couldn’t be seen anymore. He headed inside and was surprised when he met with his older sister, sitting by the door.

 

“Are you in a relationship with him?” she asked with a serious tone in her voice. Baekhyun didn’t answer her and just looked away. “Baekhyun.” She said, louder and more demanding this time. He slowly nodded his head and shut his eyes tightly so he wouldn’t have to see his sister’s reaction. Suddenly he felt small and thin arms being wrapped around him. He opened his eyes to see that his sister was hugging him with a smile on her face. “I’m so proud of you! My Baekhyunnie’s all grown up now!”

 

“W-What? Y-You’re not angry?”

 

“Why would I be? You’ve finally found love! As your sister who has seen all the disgusting sides of you ever since you were born, it’s nice to see that you’ve grown up so well. So tell me about him, what’s his name?”

 

Baekhyun pushed his sister off gently, “Park Chanyeol.” he said.

 

“Park Chanyeol, that’s a cute name. Don’t hurt his feelings okay? Treat him well. I wish the best for the both of you! Now I don’t think mom would accept this as well as I did so tell her later okay?”

 

Baekhyun thanked his sister before going upstairs to his room and dialing Chanyeol’s number. It took only two rings before Chanyeol answered his call.

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

“Yeah…it’s me.”

 

“What’s wrong? You don’t sound too well. Get some rest, we can talk tomorrow.”

 

Baekhyun sighed, “I’m fine…it’s just that...I-I just remembered that we’re going to have to tell our family one day. My sister overheard us and she’s okay with it…but I don’t know about my mom. I’ve never really talked to her about this kind of thing before so I don’t know how she’ll react.”

 

At that moment, Chanyeol wanted to hug Baekhyun tightly and tell him that everything is going to be okay. “If anything, I’ll come over. I honestly don’t know how things will work out with my family either. I’ve always brought girls over to my house…”

 

“That must’ve been a lot of girls.” Baekhyun said getting annoyed with the fact that Chanyeol has kissed and hugged many other girls before him.

 

“Haha, don’t be jealous. You’re the only one I love now. I’ll love you forever.”

 

“Pfft, cheesy.”

 

They talked over the phone for about an hour before they both decided that it was probably time for them to start getting ready for bed. Baekhyun enjoyed talking to Chanyeol. He had become quite depressed after remembering that he had to tell his mom about his relationship with Chanyeol. After talking over the phone with him, he was feeling much better now than he was before. He could hear in Chanyeol’s voice that he wanted to protect him no matter what happened. He was someone Baekhyun could rely on when he needed help and that was all he needed.


The next morning came by quickly. Baekhyun was eager to see Chanyeol the next morning in the library. He quickly woke up, got ready, ate breakfast, and left for school. On his way there he met up with Sehun. He told him about all the events that happened yesterday although Sehun probably doesn’t care at all.

 

“So when are you going to tell your mom?” Sehun asked, “Since your sister accepted you guys so easily I’m sure your mom would too right?”

 

“I don’t know. My mom didn’t react well when my sister started dating someone. She was upset and angry about it for a month. I’m not even sure now if she’s fine with it. My mom didn’t really say much when I said I was going to get a ‘girlfriend’, but now that I have a boyfriend…I don’t know anymore.”

 

“It’ll be fine, I’m sure she’ll understand.”

 

They headed on up to the library where they met up with Jongin and Chanyeol.

 

“Good morning.” Jongin said while sitting in his usual seat.

 

Chanyeol said the same and continued to read his book. Baekhyun was glad that he didn’t change much. He was still his usual self even though they were dating now.

 

“So Chanyeol told me you guys are dating. Congratulations.” Jongin said.

 

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head and smiled slightly, “Ah, thanks I guess.”

 

They all sat down around the table, Baekhyun next to Chanyeol and Sehun next to Jongin. Chanyeol placed his book and turned to look at Baekhyun. “I told my mom yesterday. She was pretty shocked at first but she was fine afterwards. She told me to bring you over sometime, well, after I tell my dad of course.”

 

Baekhyun sighed, “I still haven’t told my mom yet…”

 

“Take your time, we’re not in a rush anyways. Everything’s alright.”

 

Jongin took a look at the time and realized that it was almost time for class. “Sehun, we should head to class now.”

 

“Baekhyun, let’s go.” Sehun mumbled.

 

“Ah, okay.” Baekhyun said and followed Sehun out the door.

 

“Haah, he still doesn’t want to be friends with me.” Jongin said after seeing that Sehun purposely ignored him.

 

Chanyeol patted his back and gestured him to get up, “Come on, let’s head to class together.”


After school was over, Baekhyun waited at home for his mom to arrive from work. It was a long wait. He wanted to tell his mom sooner than later thinking that maybe his mom would understand him more. Finally his mom arrived back home. She came through the front door and headed into the kitchen where Baekhyun waited.

 

“Ah, Baekhyun-ah, you’re here?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

She took a glass from the cupboard and filled it with water. She brought the glass with her over to Baekhyun and took a seat in front of him. “Anything wrong? I’m not used to seeing you here unless it’s for dinner.”

 

Baekhyun took a deep breath in, “…Mom…I have something to tell you…”

----------------

Chanyeol's "Everything's alright" TT,TT -dies from feels- bdc~

hope you enjoyed this chapter :D