A YEAR LATER

Because It's Not You

 

 

                “Min ah-yah, Wake-up, you’re going to be late”

               “I don’t want to. Get out” you complained, you threw the extra pillow towards your brother but he dogged it easily.

                “Yah, if you’re going to be like that you’re seriously going to be late” He took the pillow that you threw and placed it beside you before taking your blanket away and pulling you out of bed.

                Your eyes shot open as you tried to kick him away

                “Fine! Fine! I’m up!” You yelled as your hit the cold floor.

                “Now that wasn’t hard was it. Take a shower and get ready, breakfast is getting cold” your brother winked at you and closed your bedroom door.

                “ Yah! Kim Woo Bin!!!!”

 

                You eyed the burned breakfast at the table, burned rice, bacon, hotdog and egg.

                “Oppa, how can you burn egg and hotdog?”

                “Sorry, you know I’m not a good cook. That’s why I model” he answered cockily

                “Oppa, next time, wake me when you’re hungry, I don’t want the house to burn down okay”

                “Yah, you shouldn’t talk like that” he took the spatula that was in front of him and hit you on the head.

                “Oppa!!!” you whined “I should have just looked for a new apartment when I had the chance”

                “You’re the one who insisted on staying here” he said with a cocky grin, you glared at your brother and took your bag

                “I’ll eat breakfast at school. Don’t cook anything while I’m gone” you closed the door but you still heard him say ‘love you’ before you walked away.

 

                For the past year a lot has happed, you and Eun Jung trashed you Ex-Boyfriend’s car which was a lot of fun, but still got you wondering why he didn’t report it. You got kicked out of your old apartment, you moved in with your over protective brother. Eun Jung left for Canada to move-in with her boyfriend so lucky, though she still calls you it wasn’t the same, you and Dongwoo became close friends. Best Friends actually. And today is the start of your Second year in college.

                You looked at your schedule for the third time as you walked your way to your Classroom, you made sure you got the right room before going in trying as hard as you can not to remember what happened on your first day last year when you got in the wrong room and the professor getting mad. It was embarrassing and you didn’t want it to happen again.

                “Can I sit here?” You heard someone said, you took your headset off and raise your head to look at the familiar face that disturbed your peace.

                “Oh… You’re early Kim Myungsoo”

                “And you’re stating the obvious Kim Min Ah” he took the seat beside you and eyed you carefully before flashing his signature smirk.

                “Had a rough night?” he asked raising his eyebrows as he pointed the visible dark circles under your eyes

                “Yah, if you’re going to be dirty and stuff just find another seat”

                “You look like a Panda. An ugly one if I might add” He snickered, ignoring everything you just said.

                “Why are we even friends?” you wondered out loud as he kept teasing you and your appearance.

                 “Hmm. . . I don’t know” he answered slightly amused by your question and his answer. “Maybe because you’re always with Dongwoo hyung, just like a tail”

 

                After 4 hours of torturing classes with L, you were already hungry and also getting angry by his remarks, he knew you’re always on edge because you’re hungry and it made it easier for him to annoy you.

                “Why do you always tease me?” you asked as you glared at him, you were on your way to the cafeteria and just couldn’t take it anymore. It was annoying and you were hungry

                “It’s fun” he stated with a grin, proud that he finally got you annoyed before you even ate lunch, it was a new record. “Ahh, my little Panda” he patted you on the head and continued walking towards the cafeteria

                You had enough, a small smile tugged you lips and ran towards Myungsoo hitting him on the head as hard as you could, before he could even react to what happened you ran towards Infinite’s table.

                “Oh, Min Ah, you’re here. I thought you weren’t coming to school” Dongwoo patted the seat beside him and you gladly took it.

                “Yah, why do both of you have the same panda eyes?” Myungsoo said from behind, he took the seat beside Seungyeol and eyed the two of you carefully.

                “Uh, we talked on the phone until she got sleepy” Dongwoo answered innocently, as he ate his burger

                “Yah, are dating?” Sunggyu said making all heads of Infinite turn to you then to Dongwoo.

                “Does that even make sense?” L laughed together with Dongwoo

                “This girl here is my dongsaeng. You don’t make sense” Dongwoo interjected

                “Oppa, my standards are a lot higher than you think okay” you said eying Sunggyu as he laughed at your reaction.

                Being friends with these boys is seriously the worst idea that ever came to your mind.

                “She’s right, I’m nothing compared to that jerk Seunghyun who is like a sculpture like the ladies say” Dongwoo stated dropping his fries as he realized what he just said

                At that moment everyone froze when his name was mentioned. Everyone looked at you with a worried expression even L looked worried. You cleared your throat and smiled

                “Yah, it’s okay, it’s not like I’m going to cry every time someone mentions his name. I got over it, relax” You answered in a ‘Matter of fact’ tone, “I’m going to get something to eat, anyone wants anything?” the shook their head and you left to get your first meal.

                Ever since you told them about Seunghyun they knew that bringing him up would make break down, since it happened before, but you were okay now. You were okay. Though it took a lot of self-convincing, you knew you were okay.

But am I? Am I really over him? Have I really forgotten about him? Arrgghh he’s still messing with my head.

                You shook your head, and tried not to think of him again, you promised you’ll never think of him again.

                “Uh, Sorry” You apologized as you bumped into someone, you were already at the end of the line. You looked up as the guy turned around

                “It’s okay, no harm done” He answered with a bright smile.

                As he smiled at you, you just stared at him like a moron.

                “How can you look exactly like him?”

                “What? Like who?” he asked.