Happy Birthday… Shin Hye or Jung Shin?

Nanny... Be My Mommy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 2013

Later that night at around 8PM, Gary and Yong Hwa went to the restaurant of Ji Hyo’s brother.

Yong Hwa: Hyung, are you sure they are here?

Gary: Deh! Ji Hyo told me to meet her here.

Yong Hwa: Will Shin Hye talk to me? Is she ok already?

Gary: There’s only one way to find out. Let’s go inside.

 

When they enter the restaurant, the waiter accompanied them to the reserved table for Gary and Ji Hyo. They were about to reached the table when they heard Shin Hye’s laughter.

Gary: I told you she’s ok now…

Yong Hwa stopped walking when he saw why Shin Hye is laughing?

Yong Hwa’s POV: She’s smiling now but it’s someone else that is making her smile. And all I did is to make her cry.

 

Ji Hyo who just came from the rest room saw them.

Ji Hyo: Jagiya!

Gary: Yong Hwa-ah gaja!

Yong Hwa didn’t answer and just follow them.

Gary sat beside Ji Hyo. But there are only four chairs so Yong Hwa doesn’t know where to sit.

The man sitting beside Shin Hye stands up.

Joong Ki: Yong Hwa-ah, how are you?

Yong Hwa: I’m good Hyung.

Joong Ki: Go and take the sit beside Shin Hye.

Yong Hwa: It’s ok Hyung. I’ll just get another chair.

Joong Ki: No need. I’m not staying anyway. I’ll be leaving in a bit.

Yong Hwa: Going for a meeting?

Joong Ki: Deh! I’m meeting someone special.

Yong Hwa: Mwo?

Instead of answering him, he turned to look at Ji Hyo and Gary.

Joong Ki: Hyung, Noona I’ll be leaving now.

Gary nods and smile at him.

Ji Hyo: Take care! Say my regards to Chae Won. Next time you join us so she can meet Shin Hye.

Yong Hwa’s POV: Chae Won?

Joong Ki: I will Noona. So she can also taste Chae Won's best dish.

He looked at Shin Hye.

Joong Ki: Shin Hye-ah, next time you should also give me chocolates. Araso?

Shin Hye: Of course Oppa.

He then turned to Yong Hwa. He taps his shoulder and lean closer to whisper something.

Joong Ki: I’m meeting my girlfriend. Don’t get jealous of me. I’m not a threat.

Yong Hwa: Hyung?

Joong Ki: Don’t deny it. I know you like her.

Yong Hwa smile.

Joong Ki: She’s a good catch. Don’t let her slip away.

Yong Hwa: I won’t Hyung. Gomawo.

Joong Ki left them and Yong Hwa sits beside Shin Hye.

The foods are already served so there’s no need to order anymore.

At first, Ji Hyo and Gary just let the silence between Shin Hye and Yong Hwa. But after a while Ji Hyo started to talk.

Ji Hyo: Shin Hye-ah, do you like the food?

Shin Hye: Deh Eonni.

Gary: How about you Yong Hwa?

Yong Hwa: It’s nice.

The couple look at each other as if discussing something. Then they look at the two people sitting in front of them.

Ji Hyo: Shin Hye-ah, do you really give chocolates on Valentine’s Day?

Shin Hye nods. Yong Hwa without turning his head is looking at her by just moving his eyes.

Ji Hyo: You really follow the tradition.

Shin Hye: I’ve been doing it since my secondary years. How about you Eonni?

Ji Hyo: I do. But I only give to special men in my life. Like my brother, Gary and my father. I heard you gave chocolates to all the employees of Jung's & Associates.

Shin Hye bit her lower lip, took a glance to Yong Hwa before answering.

Shin Hye: I did Eonni. I didn’t know that it’s now allowed.

She then looked at Yong Hwa.

Shin Hye: I’m sorry CEO Jung. I won’t do that again.

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye-ah…

She feels like crying again.

Shin Hye: Noona, Oppa, CEO Jung… can I just excuse myself for a moment. I’ll just need to go to the wash room.

Ji Hyo: Go ahead Shin Hye.

Shin Hye stand up and bow her head before leaving them.

Yong Hwa: She called me CEO Jung again.

Ji Hyo: We heard it loud and clear. So now, Yong Hwa, explain to me what really happened today in your office?

Yong Hwa: She cried.

Ji Hyo: I noticed it and now I'm sure she's crying again.

Yong Hwa: Mwo?!

Ji Hyo: Didn’t you notice just now she’s about to cry already. She left because she doesn’t want you to see her crying. What did you do to her?

Yong Hwa: Noona…

Gary: Jagiya it was a misunderstanding.

Yong Hwa: I didn’t mean to make her cry Noona.

Ji Hyo: Then what really happened?

Yong Hwa: Because of the chocolates.

Ji Hyo: Chocolates?

Yong Hwa start to tell Ji Hyo what happened at the office.

 

Start of Flashback>>>

After an hour Yong Hwa went out of his room to talk to Ms. Lee.

Yong Hwa: Ms. Lee how’s the status of the report that we need to submit tomorrow?

Min Jung: Mr. Kwon is doing the review now and I should be able to do the final review after lunch. Mr Kang will have it by before 4pm.

Yong Hwa: That’s good.

Just then Gary went out of his room.

Gary: Yong Hwa, are you pressuring my team?

Yong Hwa: Aniyo Hyung. I’m just checking the status of the report.

Gary: (Lean closer and whisper) Are you really checking the report or someone on my team?

Yong Hwa: Hyung someone might hear you.

Gary: They won’t.

But Eun Hye heard it. She doesn’t like it.

Eun Hye: Director Kang did you see the chocolates on your table?

She said it loud enough for the rest of the employee to hear it. Gary was surprised as he is also aware of the unwritten rule of Yong Hwa.

Yong Hwa: What chocolates are you talking about?

Eun Hye: The chocolates that Shin Hye gave to Director Kang for Valentine’s Day.

Yong Hwa: Mwo? (To Shin Hye) Ms. Park did you really gave chocolates to Director Kang?

Shin Hye: CEO Jung…

Eun Hye: She also gave to all the male employees here.

Yong Hwa: (His face shows that he doesn’t like it) Mr Kwon did you received chocolates from Ms. Park? I’m talking about Shin Hye Park not Dara Park

Jiyong: (Looked at Dara as if telling her that he can’t deny it) Deh CEO Jung.

Yong Hwa: Min Hwan… Jae Jin… How about you two?

The two boys just nod.

Yong Hwa: Chincha?! (He yells out of irritation)

The employees were all surprised to hear him yell. This is the first time they saw him like that.

Shin Hye: CEO Jung…

Yong Hwa: Ms. Park did you give chocolates to all the male employees here?

Shin Hye: I just did that to celebrate Valentine’s Day.

Yong Hwa: Celebrate Valentine’s Day by giving chocolates. (He laughed sarcastically)

Shin Hye nods.

Gary: Yong Hwa I think Shin Hye is not aware about the unwritten rule.

Yong Hwa: Really?! So that’s why she gave chocolates to all the male employees except the CEO? (He looked at Shin Hye)

Shin Hye: Yong…

Yong Hwa: Don’t worry Ms. Park I won’t include this on your report. Just make sure that this won’t happen again.

End of Flashback<<<

 

Yong Hwa: That’s the reason why she cried.

Ji Hyo: Did Shin Hye really didn’t give you chocolates?

Yong Hwa: Actually she did. I found it inside my office.

Gary: But it was placed where Yong Hwa wouldn’t see it.

Ji Hyo: Why would Shin Hye put it there?

She was thinking for the possible reason when Shin Hye came back already.

Shin Hye: Sorry. Eonni, Oppa, CEO Jung I need to leave first.

Ji Hyo: What’s wrong Shin Hye?

Shin Hye: I need to meet Jung Shin and Min Hyuk. I haven't given their chocolates.

Gary: Are they the same as what you gave us Shin Hye?

Shin Hye: Deh Oppa.

Ji Hyo: Do you want us to go with you?

Shin Hye: Ani Eonni. It’s ok.

Ji Hyo: Yong Hwa, why don’t you drive for Shin Hye there?

Before Yong Hwa could answer, Shin Hye answers first.

Shin Hye: I’ll just take a taxi Eonni. CEO Jung is not yet done eating. Thank you for the dinner. I’ll go first.

Again she bows before leaving.

Yong Hwa: I’m really screwed now.

Ji Hyo: Yes you are.

Gary: Give her time. Talk to her when you reached home.

They stay there to accompany Yong Hwa first. Though Ji Hyo is a bit mad at Yong Hwa for making Shin Hye cry she still think of ways to help the two reconciled.

She called Juniel to ask about what happened when Gary and Yong Hwa went to his office. And just like what she thought there’s someone behind it.

Ji Hyo: I knew it!

Gary: What’s wrong Jagiya?

Ji Hyo: That secretary of yours is the reason why they are now in this situation.

Gary: Eun Hye?

Ji Hyo: Who else?

Yong Hwa: What did she do?

Ji Hyo: She know about the unwritten rule right?

The two guys nod.

Ji Hyo: Shin Hye told her about it but instead of telling her about the unwritten rule she advice her that it would be better if she will just put the chocolates on top of the employees’ table. She knows that if Shin Hye will give it personally they will tell her about the rule.

Gary: How about the chocolates she gave to us?

Ji Hyo: Shin Hye was the one who put the chocolates inside your office.

Gary: But only the secretaries are allowed to enter our offices when we are not around.

Ji Hyo: Eun Hye allowed Shin Hye to enter your office.

Yong Hwa: How about my office?

Ji Hyo: She said only Juniel can permit her to enter your office.

Yong Hwa: Then who put the chocolates in my office? Juniel is with me.

Ji Hyo: Who else but Gary’s evil witch secretary, Eun Hye.

Gary: Jagiya!

Ji Hyo: What? I’m just telling the truth.

Gary: But…

Yong Hwa: It’s ok Hyung. I understand Noona.

Then his phone rings.

Yong Hwa: Yoboseyo?

Krystal: Yah! Oppa! What did you do to Shin Hye Eonni?

Yong Hwa: Krystal-ah, I’ll explain to you later. Don’t worry; I’ll settle everything.

Krystal: And how will you do that?

Yong Hwa: I’ll talk to her at home.

Krystal: So you are going to let this problem until Sunday?

Yong Hwa: What do you mean?

Krystal: Eonni is not going home tonight. She already asked permission from Umma that she will take her off tomorrow instead of Sunday.

Yong Hwa: Mwo?!

Krystal: Oppa don’t lose your chance again. Do something.

She ended the call without saying goodbye to her brother. All Yong Hwa can is sighed.

Ji Hyo: What’s wrong?

Yong Hwa: Shin Hye is not going home tonight. She took her off and will stay at Jung Shin’s place until Sunday.

Gary: That's not good.

Yong Hwa: What will I do now?

Ji Hyo: If she won’t go home then go to her.

Yong Hwa: Will that be ok?

Ji Hyo: You wouldn’t know unless you go there.

He got his phone and calls someone.

Yong Hwa: Can we meet?

 

Like what Krystal said, after leaving Coffee Land Shin Hye went home will Jung Shin to stay in his place until Sunday.

Jung Shin: Are you sure there’s nothing bothering you?

Shin Hye: Deh. Don’t worry about me. I just need to rest.

Jung Shin: Araso. Go and rest now. You can sleep at the guest room.

He stands up and grabs his keys.

Shin Hye: Where are you going?

Jung Shin: I’ll just by some groceries. We don’t have anything for breakfast and lunch tomorrow. Remember your promise to prepare carbonara and Iced Americano for me?

Shin Hye: I’ll go with you then.

Jung Shin: No need. Just rest now.

Shin Hye: But the ingredients for carbonara.

Jung Shin: I know what to buy. Go and change now so you can rest already. You need all the energy tomorrow for my special breakfast.

Shin Hye: Araso. Take care.

Jung Shin: I will. Lock the door and don’t wait for me. I have the keys.

Shin Hye: Ok.

When he was already at the elevator he calls someone.

Jung Shin: Let’s meet at the car park of the supermarket near my place. I’m leaving now.

 

At the car park, inside Jung Shin’s car. He was already done buying all the groceries when the person he is meeting came.

Jung Shin: Hyung, now tell me, what’s the reason why you want to meet me?

Yong Hwa: It’s about Shin Hye.

Jung Shin: Are you going to explain why you make her cry?

Yong Hwa: It’s not my intention to do that. I just want to explain my side thought I'm not sure if you will believe what I will tell you.

Jung Shin: I agree to meet you Hyung. It means I’m open to hear your side.

Yong Hwa told him about what really happened.

After telling everything to Jung Shin, he waits for his reaction. He can’t clearly tell from his expression if he is mad or what.

Jung Shin: You know what Hyung?

Yong Hwa looked at him ready to face whatever he will say.

Jung Shin: Noona didn’t say anything to me.

Yong Hwa: What do you mean?

Jung Shin: She didn’t tell me that she cried. I just figure it out. I am her twin brother and I can feel it if my sister is sad or hurt.

Yong Hwa: I’m sorry Jung Shin I really didn’t intend to do that.

Jung Shin: You shouldn’t be telling that to me. It’s not me who you hurt.

Yong Hwa: I know but she’s not talking to me. When we’re having dinner at the restaurant she keeps on ignoring me.

Jung Shin: You hurt her Hyung. You can’t blame her to feel like that.

Yong Hwa: I know. What should I do to get her forgiveness?

Jung Shin: You have no idea Hyung?

He shook his head.

Jung Shin: Then you have no choice but to follow my suggestion.

Yong Hwa: What is it? I’ll do anything just to get her forgiveness.

Jung Shin: Really Hyung? Anything?

Yong Hwa nods though he doesn’t know if it’s the right thing to trust Jung Shin with this. Yes, they are friends but he is also Shin Hye’s twin brother. He might ask him to do something unusual to get back from him for hurting his sister.

 

Instead of coming back to the Jung’s mansion on Sunday, Yong Hwa allowed Shin Hye to just return on Monday night.

Shin Hye didn’t argue because she’s still not yet ready to face Yong Hwa in front of So Won. She doesn’t want So Won to see her in that condition.

It was Monday morning and it’s time to face Yong Hwa again. Shin Hye was surprised to see a beautiful dress hanging outside the door of bathroom.

Shin Hye: What is this dress for?

Then she heard a knock on the door. She just let him in because she knows its Jung Shin.

Jung Shin: (Smiling) Good morning twin sister. Did you like the dress?

Shin Hye: Dress?

She remembers the dress hanging at the bathroom door.

Shin Hye: You mean that dress.

Jung Shin: Deh!

Shin Hye: It’s beautiful.

Jung Shin: I know.

Shin Hye: Why is it there?

Jung Shin: I think to display in the room. (He pouts)

Shin Hye: Yah! (Hit his arm)

Jung Shin: That hurts.

Shin Hye: Serve you right for not answering me properly. You want more?

He moves backward.

Jung Shin: Araso. I’ll tell you now. That dress you will wear today.

Shin Hye: Why?

Jung Shin: Have you forgotten the date tomorrow?

Shin Hye: Tomorrow? (She looked at Jung Shin and smile) It’s 18th day of the month.

Jung Shin: And?

Shin Hye: It’s my birthday!

Jung Shin: Yah! It’s my birthday too.

Shin Hye: I know. But you are already celebrating it during September.

She then walk towards Jung Shin and hugged him.

Shin Hye: Gomawo twin brother for the gift.

Jung Shin: You’re welcome twin sister!

He let go of the hug.

Jung Shin: Where’s my gift?

Shin Hye: Mwo?

Jung Shin: Starting this year, I will celebrate my birthday during my “real birth date” too.

Shin Hye: Really?

Jung Shin: Deh! So be ready for my gift.

Shin Hye: Araso. I’ll buy for you later.

Jung Shin: Aniyo! I don’t like a birthday gift. I want a birthday celebration.

Shin Hye: Mwo?!

Jung Shin: I want to welcome my 24th birthday tonight.

Shin Hye: Tonight as in midnight tonight?

Jung Shin: Deh!

Shin Hye: Jung Shin-ah, how will I prepare everything? It’s already tonight and I haven’t contacted anyone yet for reservation?

Jung Shin: Twin Noona, I trust you. I know you can prepare a good birthday celebration for me. Go and get dress now. I’ll wait for you outside.

He left the room and went inside the bathroom still thinking on how to prepare a birthday celebration for him with just few hours left.

 

Jung Shin was already waiting for her at the living room.

Jung Shin: Ready?

Shin Hye: Jung Shin-ah…

Jung Shin: That’s my birthday wish. Don’t worry; I’ll treat you breakfast and at same time drive for you going to work.

Shin Hye: But…

Jung Shin: No more but. Gaja!

 

The twin siblings had their breakfast at the coffee shop near the Jung’s Associate office where Shin Hye would buy coffee.

Shin Hye: Jung Shin-ah, I’ll go first. I’m already 15 minutes late for work.

Jung Shin: Wait for me. Don’t worry; you are excuse for being late today.

Shin Hye: Mwo?

Jung Shin: He made you cry right? This is his way of saying sorry to you.

Shin Hye’s POV: This is how he would say sorry? I would appreciate it if he will just tell me. He knows my hand phone number. He can just message or call me. Aissh!

Jung Shin: Shin Hye-ah gwaenchana?

Shin Hye: Deh.

Jung Shin: Eat your cake now. I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter