Taeny: What Can I Do?

Love is in the Air: A Collection of One Shots

 

I woke up this morning with a terrible feeling. This is going to be a terrible day I told myself. Today is my first day at Seoul Preparatory School.  Not only do I have to leave all my friends at Jeonju High School, but I have to leave them for an all girls school. Not that I had many friends to begin with, but it took me a really long time to get them. For reasons even I can’t explain, my social capabilities aren’t exactly up to par. Adding on to my mountain of problems, I’m a scholarship kid going to one of the most prestigious schools in the country! I was sitting on my bed thinking about the reasons why I shouldn’t be at this school when my mom came in.

“Taeyeon, don’t just sit there,” she said, “if you’re up then get ready! You have a big day ahead of you.” I thought of arguing, but being able to come to Seoul, and being excepted into such a great school makes my mom so happy and proud of me. So I got up, and got ready for school. After getting ready, I said goodbye to my mom, dad, and still sleeping sister, and left for the bus.

Throughout the bus ride, I could hear my heart beat as I fumbled with my pea key chain. I took deep breaths and looked out of the window. I saw a billboard featuring a girl. A girl who couldn’t be any older than I am. A beautiful girl. I shook my head and reluctantly turned away from the billboard.

When I got off, I took slow steps approaching the school which was a few blocks away. I could slowly see the regular city life transform into a wealthy suburbia. In front of the school doors, I took deep breaths and stepped into the school.

The school was everything I had expected and more. A fountain flowed in the enormous lobby and below that was a long staircase leading to the cafeteria. I wanted to look around the school a little more, but I had to go get my schedule and head for class. I got to my first hour class after the first bell, so when I walked in, everyone’s eyes were on me. I immediately froze up. The only thing I could hear was the ringing in my ears.

The teacher, Ms. Lee Soonkyu, broke the awkward silence when she said, “Class, I’m happy to announce that we have a new student in the class!” She then turned to me and said, “You should introduce yourself.”

“M-my N-name is K-Kim T-Taeyeon,” I said awkwardly. As I looked up to see the cold smirks and straight faces of the class, I saw one girl in the back, giving the sweetest, warmest smile I had ever seen in my entire life.

“Taeyeon, you can take a seat next to Sooyoung,” Ms. Lee said. I sat down next to Sooyoung who was really nice to me and throughout the class, we bonded very quickly.

When the bell rang, I turned to Sooyoung and asked “Who’s that girl in the back?”

“Who?” asked Sooyoung “Hwang Tiffany, You don’t know Hwang Tiffany?!” She said in a loud “whisper.” “She’s only the heiress to Hwang industries and model for like a bazillion cosmetic brands!!! You’ve never seen her before?”

But then it hit me, I have seen her before. She was the beautiful girl on the billboard, the girl I was sad to turn away from. “I think I’ve seen her on some advertisements,” was all I said.

“Well, it was nice meeting you Taeyeon,” Sooyoung said, “See you around!” She smiled and left the room, leaving me with the beautiful Hwang Tiffany, who was slowly gathering her things. I was so nervous so I quickly gathered my things and sped out of the room. I didn’t even notice that I bumped into a group of girls.

               “Oh, I-I’m so sorry!” I bent down to pick up her dropped books, but ended up being pushed to the ground with her foot.

               “Who do you think you are, huh?! Do you know who I am? I’m Park freaking Gyuri!” The girl in front said to me as her friends surrounded me.

               “No one can bump into us without getting punished!” Gyuri’s friend said as she pulled my hair. They all continued to kick me and pull my hair. I tried to yell and fight back, but my body wouldn’t respond.

Someone help me, I thought as tears streamed down my face.

“What do you think you’re doing!” a voice yelled

Who is that, I thought, Sooyoung?

“Oh!” Gyuri said as she and her friends quickly let go of my hair. “Don’t worry Tiffany, we were just teaching her a lesson.” My eyes widened at the name Tiffany? Hwang Tiffany?!

I turned looked up to see Tiffany glaring at the girls. “Teaching her a lesson? For what? Bumping into you?” She scoffed, “You guys are pathetic.” Tiffany leaned towards me, helping me back up. Her arm fell around mine as we walked away from the pouting girls. Tiffany saved me. The beautiful, popular Hwang Tiffany saved me.

She led me to the school garden to sit down. She sat down next to me and examined my wounds. “Well, they don’t seem too bad,” she said. I couldn’t seem to look up at her. She then said “Taeyeon?”

“Hmm?” I finally looked up to catch her looking at me.

She looked at me with those gorgeous eyes full of worry. “Are you okay?” she asked softly. Looking into her eyes made me feel really good, although I wasn’t okay; she made me feel like I was.

So I nodded and said “Yeah, I’m okay,” and for the first time all day, I smiled, I truly smiled.

I could see that it made her happy because her eyes turned into perfect crescent moons. “Good” was all she said and looked away from me. I couldn’t contain myself. She was just so beautiful, the wind blowing through her long brown hair. I really couldn’t contain myself. So I leaned into her soft cheek, and kissed it.

She turned to me, looking very surprised. Finally I said “T-That was a thank you, for, you know saving me.” I could feel my cheeks heating up. She suddenly stood up, turning to me. I looked down at my shoes, preparing myself for the worst when I felt her soft hand around mine. I looked up to see her smiling face.  

I know she’s an heiress, and I’m a commoner.

I know she’s a gorgeous model, and I’m just an ordinary student.

But I can’t help it.

I think I’m in love with her

What could I do?

I don’t know what will happen tomorrow, or if she will even remember my name.

But I do know one thing.

I am in love with her, absolutely and deeply in love.

So I got up and tightly held her hand as we ran back to the school, unable to remove the smiles from our faces.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Y'all :P

This was my very first fanfic ever! I wrote it around May of 2012, I think, so... it's kinda rocky. But I love it anyway cause it was fun to write!

I didn't edit or change anything in the fic, just so my progress in my writing can be more visible as we go along!

Anyways, comment and subscribe if you were thinkin', "ME GUSTA!!!!!!!!"

Even if you thought "NO ME GUSTA!" I would still love to hear your comments! Everyone needs some constructive criticism!

And If you want me to write about your favorite pairing, don't be afraid to request! :)

-AfriSone