Busted

Running my Life

 

You dropped onto the warm grass beneath you. 
“Che-Chen, please” you panted, out of breath. “Just one quick break” you finished while rolling onto your back.
 
 “What?” he called from the other side of the backyard. He slowly made his way to you letting the whistle in his mouth fall to his chest. 
 “You’ve only been running for like half an hour!” he laughed while checking his watch. He held out an arm and you immediately grabbed it. Once you were on your feet, you shot him a glare. 
 
“Oh, I’m sorry Chen, next time I promise to run all the way to America without stopping” You said sarcastically. 
He rolled his eyes “Oh shut up,” he said and shoved your arm playfully. You brushed off your shorts and walked straight past him.
 “It’s not my fault I have an idiot brother for a trainer” you shot back and stuck your tongue out before running into the house through the back door. 
 
“Hey!” he yelled throwing his arms in the air. He followed you back into the house where you were opening a bottle of cold water in the kitchen. “You know you love me” he said smiling sweetly. You chuckled and wrapped your arms around him firmly “Yeah, I do” you said smiling. You had memorized his warmth and could recognize it from a mile away. Every since you were young you were familiar with his kind loving side. You could always count on him to be there for you no matter what. Whenever you were upset or troubled, he somehow knew how to cheer you up. Saying you loved him would be a total understatement. 
 
“Uhhh, dude I didn’t come over to see a preview of some drama.” You let go of Chen and turned around.
 “Luhan!” You said running over to him and immediately felt his arms wrap around you. You heard a deep chuckle from behind you and you quickly let go, the colour red quickly plastered on your cheeks. 
 
“Wow how much did Chen make you run?” he said noticing your red cheeks and gave you a wink. He walked past you and fell on the couch letting his legs dangle lazily off the arms. 
 
“Shut up Luhan” you said taking a quick swing of the cold water hoping it would reduce the blush on your cheeks. Chen was standing in the kitchen with an amused smile on his face. He gave you a knowing look which you didn't return. Hoping to avoid his teasing you quickly shot to the closet to grab a towel. 
 
“I’m going to take a quick shower,” You said quickly grabbing a towel and heading for the bathroom upstairs. “Don’t have too much fun without me” you added shouting down the stairs before entering the bathroom. You sighed as the hot water ran down your face. Thoughts flooded through your head and your legs suddenly felt heavy. You sighed and let out a heavy breath. You could feel the soreness in your limbs but felt oddly comforted by it. You enjoyed the adrenaline rush, the energy that came with running- it was like a drug. You let the heat soak through our entire body as you relaxed a bit. After a ten minutes you decided you were done but quickly remembered something. “Oh snap!” you said out loud and quickly turned the water off. You jumped out the shower and almost slipped as you grabbed the towel. You placed your hands on the sink to steady yourself and reached for the towel. You wrapped it around your body. You unlocked the door and ran down the stairs. 
 
“LUHAN, LUHAN! I have a math test tomorrow! I totally forgot, I need you to help me with algeb-“you stopped in your tracks when you noticed the room was empty and dark. You furrowed your eyebrows as you the lights and walked into the living room. No one was there. “What the-?” You walked into Chen’s room but it was empty as well. The grip on your towel tightened “Chen! This isn’t funny” you said to the darkness. You ran into the kitchen and ran headfirst into the fridge. You fell hard on your back and groaned 
“Ugh, stupid fridge” You muttered while rubbing your forehead “And now I’m going to have an ugly bump” you whined out loud. That’s when you noticed a pink, folded sticky note on the floor. Huh? Where did that come from? You bent down and picked up the sticky note. This is like some creepy horror film you thought to yourself. You walked over to the counter and unfolded the note your towel tucked firmly under your arm.
 
Heeeeeeey Hana!
I’m sorry but I gotta go to the gym tonight. I forgot I have a double shift. Anyways, I asked Luhan to stay with you but he said he had to go. There’s some food in the fridge if you get hungry and don’t stay up too late okay?
P.s Sorry if I creeped you out by turning off the lights hehehe gotta save energy am I right? 
Chenchen
 
You sighed in relief. Oh Chen was such an idiot sometimes. You walked over to your room and changed into some comfortable sweats and a t-shirt. “Now what am I going to about that math test?” You sighed walking over to your desk. You picked up your text book and yawned. “Or maybe I can study a little later?” You said and crossed your arms over your desk. You brought your head down and let yourself drift off into a deep sleep….RING RING! Your head snapped up as you looked around the room frantically. You mentally slapped yourself once you noticed it was only your phone. You walked over and picked up the phone. “What?” you asked, not caring who it was. All you cared about was your precious sleep and someone had to ruin that for you. 
“I don’t get a hi?” The voice asked. But it wasn’t just any voice. It belonged to the famous Yu Ri. Yeeup, famous for calling after midnight. You glanced at the time on your phone screen and realized you had slept a lot longer than you had anticipated. 
“Hello my dearest friend, what do you need your highness?” You said politely. “Or should I go on my knees and say it?” You added sarcastically. You could hear her scoff on the other end. 
 
“I called for a reason okay!” She said indignantly. 
 
“And that isss” you said laughing getting up and plopping yourself on your bed.
 
“I'm not ready for the  math test tomorrow,” she said in a frantic voice. 
 
“Oh Lord," You said rolling your eyes. Yu Ri could be the biggest nerd sometimes. "Yu Ri. Do you honestly think that I can help you with that?"
 
"I don't know! " she said, clearly stressed out. "I'm just not so confident with this unit and my parents said if I don't do well this semester they'll reconsider me going to SAA and-"
 
"Riri” you said cutting her off. “Don't worry about what your parents said they don't mean it and you know it. You're one of the smartest girls I know and you'll do great." you said slowly, "Just get some rest now okay?"
 
"Yea okaaay" she replied in an unsure voice, "Thanks Hana"
 
"No problem" you replied. 
 
"So have you studied?" she asked in her normal voice. 
 
"Hahahahaha no." You replied dryly. "I'm gonna just hope that God rewards me for being such an amazing person by letting me pass that test" Yu Ri gave a light chuckle. 
 
"Well I'm gonna let you sleep for now- don't forget Coach is testing us tomorrow! Or today technically" she said laughing at her small joke. 
 
"I'll see you at school tomorrow!" she said cheerfully."You'll do great don't worry- make sure you come on time!"
 
"Of course of course" you stifled a yawn, "Niiiiiight".  Not waiting for her reply you hung up and tiredly rested your phone on the side table. You flopped on your bed and tried falling asleep but it was no use. After the phone call you felt wide awake. You got up and tip-toed into Chen’s room. You slowly opened the door and walked in. You froze when you remembered no one was in the house. You took a deep breath and climbed onto his bed. You couldn’t sleep in your room, so you decided to sleep in Chen’s. It’s not like you hadn’t done this before, he would come home and sleep on the couch anyways so it didn’t matter. You sighed and looked out at the full moon. It’s so beautiful you thought. You found yourself smiling sleepily, your head resting on Chen's cold pillow. You could smell the scent of his favorite cologne and immediately felt your eyes starting to droop.  Just as you were about to hit dream land, you felt a sharp pain in your calves. “Oh, not again” You groaned sitting up and rubbing your calves. “I will not be getting any sleep tonight” You sighed. You laid back down and placed your hands behind your head, ignoring the pain in your legs. Stupid brothers making you do crazy training. Stupid friends ruining your sleep. Stupid math ruining my grades. Stupid athletics.
 
 
 
 
 
 
You woke up with a jolt and quickly sat up in your bed rubbing your eyes. "What time is it?" You wondered while getting up and stretching. It wasn't untill you fully sat up that you realized you weren't in your room.
"Chen!" You hollered in your loudest, most unpleasant voice. "What time is it!" You screeched. To be honest, your house was pretty small so there was no need for screaming. In fact, you hated yelling. It was annoying Chen that made it all worth it. As if on cue, a grumpy, tired, and sleepy Chen walked in. 
 
"Why on earth are you screaming?" He asked walking over to you. He sat on the edge on the bed and yawned while you crossed your arms over your chest and put on the most upset face you could.
 
 "Listen mister" you started, "What time did you get home last night? You left me here all alone but thats not all" you said getting up and pointing an accussing finger at your soon-to-doze-off brother. "I had cramps all night because of all the extra training you made me do last night and I don't even know where to begin with how hard I studied last night so I barely had any sleep!" You placed your fingers on the bridge of your nose. Ok, maybe you lied on that last part but it didn't matter. He deserved all the scolding he could get. "So don't you come in here and ask me why im screaming!" You finished feeling satisfied that you had ranted off at Chen. Hey, maybe I should go pro with this scolding thing, you thought to yourself smugly. You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard a strange noise coming from beside you. You shifted your position and soon you were looking at a sleeping Chen who was snoring like there was no tomorrow.
 
"Oh, thanks for listening my angelic brother" You said in the most dead voice you could pull off. You dragged yourself to the bathroom and freshened up. Once you were done, you jogged back into the room where Chen was still asleep. You rolled your eyes as you checked the digital clock lying on his counter. 7:18 it read. If you didn't leave now, you would be late and that math test wasn't going to finish itself. "Chen, wake up or your going to be late" you whispered. You felt bad  knowing he had worked so late and decided to leave him be. You grabbed some clothes from your room and dashed out the house, grabbing your bag and phone in the process. Might as well study on my way to school. You sighed and pulled out your textbook from your bag and flipped it open. 
 
 
 
 
"So if you have a k value of 3, what will be the change in the bade graph?" You thought aloud as you walked along the busy streets of Seoul. Since your school wasn't far from your home, you walked there every morning. Usually, you would walk with Chen and you guys would part ways when you got to the subway. From there you kept walking down the next street while Chen took the train to his university. But since someone decided to continue sleeping, you were walking alone.
 
You held your textbook firmly in your hands and kept your eyes glued to the book. Whoever has a brain in this city will know to avoid a girl who is studying, so no one shall bump into me, you thought to yourself as you immersed your mind into the math problems. It's just me and my math. I will not look away from this book! you promised yourself as you turned the corner. Just then, you bumped into something or someone. 
"Yah! Watch were your going!" You said looking up from your text book. The person, a middle age woman wearing a formal suit widened her eyes and opened to retaliate but you beat her to it. "I am just a teenage girl trying to study for my math test! Is that so hard to ask?" You threw your arms in the air while you spoke and being the smart girl you were, dropped your textbook in the process. You bent over to pick it up and saw someone else's hand reach for the book as well. 
"Aish lady, i don't need your help!" You said slapping the hand away. Why is the hand so, manly?you thought. You stood up straight and yelped. You jumped back and placed your hand on your heart. Right in front of you was your good friend Lay. "Omo, you scared me" you said hitting him lightly on the shoulder.
 
 Lay chuckled "Sorry Hana, i just thought you needed some help but clearly I'm not appreciated." He said with a playful hint in his voice indicating his slapped arm,  "And you called me a woman, really? I'm hurt." he placed his over his chest and covered his eyes in mock tears.
You giggled as you continued walking down the street, Lay beside you. 
 
"Ok number one, you at acting so just stop" you started smiling at Lay's amused grin. Lay nodded indicating for you to continue.  "And number two, it was some lady who made me drop my book in the first place so i expected it to be her grabbing for my book but she disappeared" you finished off. 
 
"Ahh, i see" Lay chimed "So anyways, I gotta make a quick stop at the store and buy some stuff for Kyungsoo" he said shoving his hands in his pockets. "You know how he is, he never does anything himself"
 
"Ahh i see" you mocked him with a teasing smile on your face.
 
"Haha very funny" Lay said sarcastically, swinging his arm over your shoulder. 
 
" What?" You asked playing innocent.
 
Lay let out a hearty laugh "No we are not playing this game Hana." He said smiling.
 
 "Sorry Oppa" you said in the sweetest voice. You could see the instant red in his cheeks and you smirked at his reaction. 
 
 "Well" Lay said, taking his arm off your shoulder. "This is my stop, see you at school!" he said walking into the small corner shop and waving. You waved back and continued on your way to school. Now back to math, you thought opening the textbook again. You did the same thing as before and kept your eyes glued to the book. Luckily you didn't bump into anyone. 
 
 
After a while of walking and studying, you finally reached the schools front gates feeling a bit more confident for the test. Wow, that studying finally paid off...sorta you thought. You knew the basic concepts of equations and you even managed to do some examples from the book while walking. It really was a miracle you hadn't bumped into anyone or thing for that matter. You smiled happily once you reached the entrance of the school. Still feeling a bit unsure you started to study again, mastering the art of walking and studying having done so on the way to school. Without looking where you were going, again, you skipped straight ahead with your eyes glued to the text book. You didn't look anywhere else. In fact, even when you opened the door to your school department, your eyes were still on your book. And thats when you heard voices coming from the door near you. You looked up and quickly jumped back, startled. The school seemed different, brighter in fact. Instead of the brown walls you were used to with pictures of the famous athletes pasted on each door, they were replaced with bright yellow walls with pictures of....musical notes?
 
 
"What the-" You shrugged it off and focused your attention on the voices. They were coming from a room down the hall. You tip toed to the door and placed your ear on the door. That's when you heard singing and your heart dropped. Not because of the singing. In fact, the singing was very pleasant. Beautiful voices filled your ears. You sighed in content but then snapped back into reality. Hana, get out now! your mind screamed. You were in the wrong place. You dashed down the hall and thats when you realized you didnt know where to go. You stopped in front of huge steel doors. Please God, let this be the exit, you silently prayed.
 
 
With a screaming heart and half dead brain, you pushed opened the door. Your heart beat sped up again, was that even possible? In that moment, you realized your life was ultimately over. About twenty students in red uniforms all stared at you. Open mouthed and glaring after seeing the girl in the black uniform standing in the door way.