Progress.

Will you hold my hand?

"Hes making great progress" Kyuhyun told Yesung, another student volenteer who I didn't mind being around. 
"Really?" He sounded supprised, happy for me. "Thats great Hyukjae." He ruffled my growing black hair, I looked down and blushed. I don't really like it when they talk about my progress in front of me. 

"Hows Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun a sked handing me a cookie and stuffing one in his own face. I stared at the brown lumpy circle with the white center, an oreo, god i love these things. 

"They say he's getting worse" Yesung spoke softly, letting out a deap breath "He's such a happy person, I don't know how he can be getting worse." Kyuhyun leaned twards the older and layed on his head on his shoulder, a squeeze to his thigh for comfort, not saying a word. 
I finaly got the cookie into my mouth and with each sogy swallow, sadness went down with it. I was going to loose my good friend, and i coulden't tell him it would be okay. 

The scilence was thick in the air. I kept eating cookies, getting better at getting them into my mouth within a few trys instead of many. Kyuhyun played with yesungs fingers.
"Donghae" Kyuhyun said with a growing smile, and the scilence was gone. I raised my head to get a better look at the boy who just sat down becide me. He had his brown hair longer then mine, his eyes were big and bright smile decorated his face. 

"Hello" he said to me, eyes twinkleing in the light. I offered my hand by showing my palm, he took it. Comfort came over me like a thick blanket. I blushed and smiled at him, atempting to squeeze his hand, wishing to say hello back. 
"I think he likes you, no one ever gets more then eye contact the first time they meet him. And defiently not his hand that quick." Yesung spoke. He had no idea.
"Well i must be the lucky one" Donghae replied, the corners of my eyes wrinkled

 

Kyuhyun is pretty, Donghae is beautiful.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Since that day, i've seen more of Donghae. And like a routine he quickly took my hand and help wipe my face free of cookie crumbs.
He offered to help Kyuhyun more with getting me to talk, and take more steps when my legs felt like moving.

Dear god, can people like me feel love. And not the family love. Can we have a feeling stronger then we can handle for someone else? 

I'm hopeing that's a yes.  

Also, since that very day, sitting with ryeowook has been getting more and more depressing. His face is getting slimmer and his body is growing weaker. Yesterday he fainted. Somedays when he talked, the life would look like it was draining right from his face. I would try to put my hand on his cheek to try to hold him together. 

Today as we sat at our table, his crayons and papers covered nearly every corner. He sat drawing a picture and i sat trying to feed myself animal crackers. 
"I'm going to miss you alot Hyung." I swallowed dryly and looked at him. Don't speak of such things wookie. A bright smile sat on his face "Other then my parents and Yesung, I'm going to miss you the most." Tears threatned to escape my eyes. 
He came over, picture in hand, and curled his small light weight body on my lap. He held my hand and showed me the picture he was working on. 

The scene was a beautiful one. The grass was green and the sun shown brightly. The flowers were in full bloom and in the middle we stood, holding hands. Every thing on the paper had bright smiling faces, ours were the biggest.  I rubbed my thumb across his palm. 
On my body was a red triangle, Ryeowook explained as a cape. I was his hero. 
A sound left my lips instead of words that i longed to speak. "I love you too" Ryeowook said. He understood.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

That night i knew the call Kyuhyun received was not a good one. He climbed into bed with me and held my head to his chest as i sobbed heavy tears into his t-shirt. For the first time in a long time, i cried, long heaving tears. I cried for the lack of words and the tears others were not able to shead for the boy.

Cool drops fell onto my head. We wept for Ryeowook.
He was only 14, and his heart became too much for his body to handle. A heart filled with so much love. Love for learning, love for others, love for happiness. A heard that didn't understand hate. That didn't have the chance to grow old and share with someone just as special.

I think you know the rest. 
_____________________________________________________________________-

OMG THIS WAS SO HARD TO WRITE IM SO SORRY D;

AND 27 SUBSCRIBERS!!! OH GOODNESS THANK YOU SO SO SO++++ MUCH <3