First Day of School..

I'll Still Love You Even If You're... Rich? [Hiatus]

 

Hope you like this chapter, and comment! I'm sorry, it's still kinda boring, no drama yet! Don't worry, next it will zip to the weekend and... The... DATES! Hahah, please comment!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The rooster's caw signalled the start of the new day. Aaron grudgingly rose from his bed. Jiro stirred beside him. Aaron braced himself.

 

“JIRO, AARON! WAKE UP! THERE ARE CHORES TO DO AND THEY ARE NOT GOING TO HAPPEN BY THEMSELVES!” Jiro's mom shrieked. Jiro instantly shot up, and hit his head on the bed. They had to listen to her yelling everyday. Aaron secretly wondered how a small woman can muster up so much energy.

 

Aaron and Jiro sleepily trudged to the washroom and brushed their teeth. Aaron quickly started to clean their room. Jiro jumped down the stairs and started to milk the cows. Aaron soared down the stairs and fed the livestock.

 

After an hour of teamwork, Aaron and Jiro finished their chores in record time. They had a total of three hours to spare before school started. Aaron and Jiro sluggishly ate their breakfasts, and packed their bags.

 

“Oh yeah, we have to walk to school,” Jiro suddenly informs Aaron. Aaron's eyes pop out.

 

“WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CAR?” Aaron asked.

 

Jiro shook his head, “Didn't I tell you? My mom drives to work. Her work is farther away.”

 

“I-I thought she didn't work?”

 

“First day today, too.”

 

“Does that mean we have to start walking now?” Aaron questioned. He put on his shoes.

 

“No, well, I don't know about you, but I take thirty minutes to run to school,” Jiro lazily stretched out his legs.

 

“...Run?”

 

“Yeah, what? Do you plan on walking and taking five hours? I'll race you, and let you get a head start, since you are new,” Jiro paused. “Oh yeah, bring spare clothes, you'll probably be all sweaty...”

 

This sounded more appealing by the minute. Run to school, smell like sweat, Aaron didn't like this idea. But what could he do? It's not like he could call a chauffeur.

 

“We've got fifty five minutes...” Jiro started counting. Aaron quickly ran up the stairs and stuffed whatever was on the top of the pile into his bag. He ran outside.

 

Only halfway there did he notice he did not bring his bag that was ON the bed.

 

Aaron quickly stumbled his way back. He was tired, now. Who knew Jiro was so fit? Maybe that's where he got his muscles for soccer. Aaron praised Jiro.

 

Aaron was panting by the time he got back to the house. Jiro had left long ago. He had made Aaron's lunch and put it on the counter with his bag. Right now, Aaron thanked him mentally. He looked at the clock, and saw there was thirty three minutes.

 

Let's see if I could beat his record on the first time. Aaron stretched and sprinted out, locked the door, and headed towards the city. Three minutes for changing. Okay, I got this.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aaron skipped the steps two at a time. It was a wonder Aaron had made it to school. The view was pretty, and the air was fresh and cool, though, and Aaron liked that. He checked the clock at the middle plaza, he was just five minutes late. As Aaron went into the bathroom to change, he noticed that the students still sat in the gymnasium.

 

He opened the door to the gymnasium in Jiro's clothes (he got the wrong pile). The door wouldn't let him enter silently. It squeaked in delight as he pushed it open. Some students looked at him, but the adult had proceeded without stopping his speech.

 

Aaron leaned against the wall. He spotted Jiro, sitting beside his friends, they left one by one. They got called into classes. Soon, the crowd thinned. Aaron was still there.

 

The man walked over to Aaron. He was surprisingly way taller than Aaron, and a bit intimidating,“Who are you?” The man flipped through his papers, “Are you new?”

 

“Yeah, I'm.. a new transfer...I don't know English that well,” Aaron replied.

 

“Very well, drop by the office after school to pick up the signing up forms. For now, you will be in...” The man looked through his stash of paper, “Mrs. Mortson's class. Room 31. There is a map of the school in the main office. The bus schedules are also there.” To finish his speak with dramatic effect, the man flipped his nonexistent hair and walked away.

 

Aaron went to the room labelled, “OFFICE”. He gathered his forms, with the help of an Asian secretary, and went up to his class.

 

The door wouldn't budge when Aaron pushed. He knocked a few times. Mrs. Mortson, a fairly plump lady, opened the door and glared at Aaron. She said, “And I see we have a new student here, who thinks he is more important as the rest of you, and thinks of interrupting class.”

 

A few of his classmates giggled. Mrs. Mortson instantly shot them glances.

 

Aaron recognized that Jiro, Calvin, Hebe, and Selina.

 

“For now, since you are Asian as well, your guide is... Hebe. Since I have no time to stay after class to deal with your incompetent Chinese, and waste my social time, she will also be your tutor. She is a top student, so I heard.”

 

“Hello, I'm a new student from China. Please be patient with me, my name is ---”

 

Honk, honk, honk. An alarm sounded. Mrs. Mortson's voice boomed in Aaron's ears. “Alphabetical order. We have a fire drill. Go through the south exit.”

 

A soft murmur arose from the class, “No talking,” Mrs. Mortson added.

 

As Aaron followed the crowd outside, he noticed that the school was more gigantic than it seemed. It had three floors, and individual hallways branched out from everywhere.

 

Aaron walked out onto the big lawn that seemed to wrap around the school. The lawn was huge, too. There were three soccer fields, two football fields, and paved areas.

 

Aaron felt a tap on his shoulder. “Hi,” Hebe timidly said.

 

A feeling rose within Aaron. For some reason, Hebe's resemblance of his mom made him hate her.

 

“Hi,” Aaron said coldly. Hebe sensed the change in tone, and quickly walked away to Jiro.

 

Selina walked up to him. She seemed annoyed. “Okay, so, what is your name, mystery boy?”

 

“Aaron Yan. You still didn't know that?”

 

“No,” Selina laughed, “But now I do. Thanks,” She smiled and walked off.

 

After the fire drill, Aaron followed Hebe, in search of his dance class. Hebe was also in dance class. Who figured? Hebe had all classes with Aaron, since she was his guide, and Aaron had to be in her high level AP courses because she was his guide.

 

“Why did you pick dancing?” Hebe attempted conversation.

 

Aaron was lost in his thoughts, and couldn't think of a justifiable answer. What was he supposed to say? He wanted to oppose his dad? “Why do you care?” Aaron asked, the question came out harsher than he wanted. He saw Hebe flinch.

 

They walked the rest in silence. In the dance studio, some people were break dancing, some were doing ballet, hip hop, and other dances. Aaron just found out he knew NOTHING about dancing.. He couldn't even dance that well.

 

Again, Hebe was good at dancing, too. She could hip hop and ballet dance. For a second, Aaron caught a glimpse of her beauty, with her twirling around. Aaron quickly snapped out of it as he remembered his mom loved dancing.

 

At the end of class, he was amazed at how everybody's body seemed to move with their minds. Aaron's was like trying to control a puppet. It just DIDN'T listen. Guess Hebe was going to have to tutor him on that, too.