My Name Is...

I'll Still Love You Even If You're... Rich? [Hiatus]

 

Jiro slammed down on the brakes for the twentieth time. He was two blocks away from his school, but students of all ages were crossing the road at random times.

 

Ah, too bad I couldn't drive, but Canada's roads are so much more different. Aaron thought.

 

The car lurched again, as another family crossed the street. Evidently, none of them even looked to see if there were incoming traffic. Jiro honked at them. The youngest child started screaming.

 

“That's the thing I hate about going to the city. Nobody watches where they are going!” Jiro ranted.

 

“How about let's park here and walk to the school. I want to see the surroundings,” Aaron suggested.

 

Jiro agreed and manoeuvred the car through the flow of people and parked beside the sidewalk. Aaron opened the door of the truck and jumped out. Jiro did the same, but he didn't need to use the front step. Aaron sighed. Being short was not cool.

 

A gust of wind blew, the breeze carried the smell of pollen and freshly mowed grass. Aaron took a huge intake of breath. Aaron loved the smell. Jiro hiccoughed.

 

“Urghh,” Jiro moaned. He hiccoughed again.

 

“Plug your nose, and swallow three times,” Aaron told him, “then spin around two times, and jump once.”

 

Jiro raised his eyebrows at Aaron.

 

“What? It works.”

 

Jiro hiccoughed again. He immediately plugged his nose. He exaggerated his swallowing, and spun around, still holding onto his nose. Aaron could see him strain for breath. Aaron grabbed his arm and broke the contact it had with his nose.

 

“I didn't tell you to keep holding it! And, you have to jump.”

 

Jiro jumped really high, he stumbled with his landing. He was dizzy from the spinning, but the hiccoughing seemed to stop. Jiro smiled. “Thanks, bro. I can never get rid of it! I had one for two days straight, until my mom hit me on the back.”

 

People kept passing them as if nothing unusual is happening; as if a person randomly plugs his nose, spins around, and jumps all the time.

 

Aaron and Jiro proceeded with walking to the school. Aaron sniffed the air occasionally. He had a bright smile on his lips.

 

Aaron, do you have a cold? You're sniffling an awful lot,” Jiro looked worried.

 

Aaron shook his head and laughed. Jiro was really funny to be around.

 

Jiro started walking backwards, telling Aaron about Chun. Jiro crashed into a girl, and Aaron bumped into Jiro, pushing Jiro into the girl.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Uh, sorry,” Jiro mumbled. He turned around. There stood the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. She had long, wavy hair that complimented her shirt. Her style was feminine and it suited her. She was holding on to this little girl's hand. He suddenly felt jealous that the girl got to hold her hand. Why am I jealous? Wasn't I in love with... Hebe? Jiro thought. Jiro stood there staring at the girl.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aaron peeked over Jiro's shoulder to see who they had bumped into. Aaron yelped in surprise. They were familiar...

 

Ceci squealed, and pushed Jiro out of the way. She pointed at Aaron, “Mystery boy!”

 

Selina recovered from the floor. She had a scratch on her knee, and she was scowling. She looked up, and saw the boy from the plane, and also another, taller and more muscular, that was staring at her.

 

Oh, it's fine,” Selina replied. She brushed off her clothes,” Hey.” She greeted Aaron.

 

Oh, hey. Nice to see you here,” Aaron replied.

 

Jiro broke out of his staring and added, “Hi, I'm Jiro! Nice to meet you! Who are you? How do you know him?”

 

I'm Selina, I met him at the airport... By the way ---,”

 

Mystery boy, what's your name?” Ceci interjected.

 

Oh yeah, I didn't tell you, my name is---,”

 

Suddenly, he felt his left leg vibrate. Aaron was startled. For a second he just stood there. But then he remembered he found it in his suit before Jiro's mom washed his suit.

 

Hey, I have a phone call, be right back,” Aaron walked away.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

What's his name?” Selina asked Jiro.

 

Oh, huh? Who? Oh yeah? His name is..”

 

A car honked from behind. Jiro turned around,and found Calvin in the driver's seat of a new car.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Aaron looked at his phone. The caller ID said unknown. He answered the call, “Hello? Aaron Yan speaking.”

 

Don't use your real name. Didn't I tell you that? It's rule number two,” A voice growled. Aaron instantly knew who this was.

 

What do you want?” Aaron roared menacingly. He clenched his fist.

 

I was just checking up on you. Evidently, you haven't read our contract,”

 

Aaron felt his pocket. In his pocket, he still had the contract, unread and crisp.

 

What's it to you?”

 

Just to tell you, I'll always be watching.”

 

Aaron's dad hung up. Aaron yelled into the phone a second too late, “You bastard!”

 

A few people looked over. Aaron instantly pulled out the papers that contained the contract. He checked rule number two. “Must not tell anyone your real name.”

 

Snarling, he and read further. He laughed at how ridiculous the terms were. He wasn't perfect! And no dancing or art? Aaron punched the open air. He counted the rules he had already broken. A plane was a room. And his name was out. Aaron regained his calm as he walked back to the crowd, absorbed in his thoughts.

 

Aaron saw Chun and another boy talking to Jiro. Selina was gone, probably inside. Aaron strode up to them.


Hey, Aaron! Meet Calvin!” Jiro shouted.


Aaron was in no mood to meet more people. He told Jiro, “Hey, I have to go get my courses, I'll see you later.”


Skipping the steps two at a time, Aaron entered the building. He was determined to get into art class AND dancing. What was his dad going to do? Ship him back to China against his own will?