Chapter 2

Our Love Story

"Sorry I'm late!" Mihyun shouted, running into the cafe. She was holding onto her knees, panting and breathing for air. She was obviously late for her metting with Jongdae at 10 in the morning and it was already 11:23. Since it was a cold saturday morning, the cafe was pretty packed with customers and the workers were busy preparing their orders. 

 

When she walked in, the whole place became silent and all eyes were on her, curious on why she started yelling out of no where. Mihyun quickly bowed towards them and apologized for her rude behavior. She walked passed the tables, looking for a familiar figure and cursed herself for sleeping in late last night. 

'Is he mad at me? Did he leave already?' Mihyun asked herself when she couldn't find Jongdae in the store.

 

"Over here, Mihyun!" a familiar voice called out from the very corner of the cafe. She mentally slapped herself for not looking carefully enough and smiled as she met eyes with Jongdae. When she walked towards his table, she noticed that there was another man that accompanied him. He had dark brown hair that was styled to a bowl cut, his plump lips were pushed together, and his pale porcelain skin made him look like an angel.

 

His eyes were focused on a book called Forbidden Love. Mihyun has heard of this book before, it was about a vampire and a human falling in love with each other and the male's immortality made them seperate. 

'Tch. Cliche story line.' Mihyun thought. She didn't understand why people enjoyed reading fantasy books, especially about vamipres and werewolves. 

 

Jongdae noticed that Mihyun was staring at the male in front of him and smirked, wanting to introduce themselves. "Oh! Mihyun meet my friend, Sehun. Sehun this is Mihyun." he pointed out. Sehun looked up from his book and stared at MIhyun with wide eyes, as if he never noticed her there. 

 

Mihyun chose the seat next to Jongdae and smiled at his friend while he just nodded, going back to his book. She raised a brow and ignored his rude action, facing her editor again. "Sorry I'm late. Why'd you want to meet me here anyway?" she asked, an obvious hint of exhaustion in her voice. 

 

"About that book you were supposed to get done by three months, I'm pushing it back to six months. I feel like you need more than 93 days to actually finish it, because knowing you-" Jongdae pointed his index finger to her face and sent her a look, "-you're always too lazy to finish anything."

 

Mihyun scoffed and hit her editors head. "It really is surprising though, that your writing is on point and well written but you're just lazy." he continued, angering her even more. They completely forgot about the guest in front of them who was deeply into the book he was reading. 

 

"Oh, Mihyun I invited Sehun here because I think you need other people to talk to other than me." Jongdae winked. She knew exactly why he was doing this. He was trying to set her up on a date with Sehun. Mihyun just rolled her eyes and was ready to punch her editor in the face. She didn't understand why he kept doing this to her, when she already talked to him about her love life and how she won't let anyone in her heart anymore.

 

Mihyun quickly pulled her hand back from the table causing her index finger to slide through a thin piece of paper. Suddenly, she winced at the sting on her finger which was now bleeding. She noticed that Sehun's head shot up from his book and his eyes were now focused on her bleeding finger. "Hey, are you okay?" Jongdae asked, holding her finger closer to his face. The cut was pretty deep, even though she just got cut by a piece of paper.

 

Jongdae's eyebrows were formed in a straight line when he noticed Sehun figgeting in his seat, as if he was holding himself back from doing anything bad. Sehun's eyes were still focused on Mihyun's bleeding finger, when suddenly his breathing had become uneven.

 

Mihyun quickly stood up from her seat and heading towards the bathroom in the cafe to clean her hands with Sehun followed behind.