Chapter 1

Our Love Story

Mihyun walked inside the colossal, sturdy apartment building. 44 Naebu Street. It was already a quarter past midnight when she came back home from work. A writer, Mihyun was a 21 year old writer who has risen to fame after publishing her first book, Falling Fast. She never intended on being a writer though. She just took pleasture in expressing her feelings and ideas through writing, such as her once in a life time experiences, past loves, and family problems. Surprisingly, people enjoyed reading her stories, asking for more and more.

 

She headed to the closest elevator door and pressed the button for the 8th floor, leaning against the tiled walls. This was her everyday routine; wake up, eat, school, work, eat, then sleep. When you're a writer, you're alone. Which means late nights and early mornings on your desk, thinking of ideas for your writing. Which can also mean days, weeks, or months away from family and loved ones.

 

When the elevator door slid open, Mihyun quickly walked out, heading to the 5th floor on the left. She took out her keys in her writers bag and fumbled with the lock on the door. As she stepped inside, she threw everything on the creamy white, leathery couch, not caring if anything was damaged or not. She slid open the sliding door to her balcony and walked over to lean on the cold, metal rails.

 

The night view of Seoul from her balcony was great. The busy lights were the only ones that accompanied her through every silent nights. Mihyun sighed when she remembered her editors words,

'If you don't get another book done by 3 months, you're done.'

 

But she had already written about her whole life- her oh so tragic and horrible life that everyone enjoyed reading- in her past three books. Her first book was actually about her first life. A high school love story about two people who thought they would be together forever until she found out her partner had lung cancer and was dying.

 

Mihyun clenched her fists as she remembered the memories she had with her first love. 'Ha! Wasn't I so funny for thinking that there are such things as forevers and happily ever afters?' she thought to herself, giving out a dry laugh to the silence that enveloped her fragile body.

 

They say 'to fight for the one you love'. But bull. Mihyun didn't believe any of that anymore. After all their broken promises, she vowed to build up her defences and not let anyone in her heart. Until now, she still kept her words. 

 

Mihyun sighed once again, heading back inside her living room and locking the sliding door on the way. Instead of washing up and going to bed, she walked towards her study table and picked up her writing notebook. A notebook where she wrote ideas for her stories. Everything from her first book was still here written in blue ink, with sentences here and there being added and words being crossed out. The last time it was actually updated was when she was working on her last book, Trust, which was published on May 12, 2020. 

 

Mihyun looked at her calendar pinned on the wall, in front of her study table. September 20, 2021. 

'Wow. It's been a year and 4 months already.'

 

Mihyun smiled as she remembered how the last book got great feedback from famous writers around the world. They congratulated and admired the well written, heartaching novel which was written by a young 21 year old writer. 

 

She stood up and walked towards the couch, picking up her phone which lay on the very edge of the sofa. Once she turned it on, she found 15 missed calls and 20 unread messages from her one and only, pain in the , editor Jongdae. The last two messages, which were sent about five minutes ago, read 'Meet me at Yeondu tomorrow morning.' 'You are gonna be so dead!' 

 

Mihyun chuckled at his 'threatning' messages, lighting up her mood a little bit. She then sent him a message apologizing and confirming their meeting at a nearby cafe at 10 in the morning. Kim Jongdae, also known as Chen, had always been there for Mihyun as an editor and a friend. He was the one that encouraged her to keep looking forward to the future and to keep writing. At the same time, he can give her a headache for pressuring and giving her a dead line to finish a certain book, and thats how he managed to get her to write her books the past two years.

 

Mihyun qucikly walked into her small, dim room. She placed her phone on the bedside table and headed to the bathroom to change from her bright yellow blazer and sweater, black pleated mini skirt, and knee high socks into night clothes. Despite already having a career as a writer, she still needed to attend school. Seoul Arts University to be exact. It was already 1:28 am when she came back from the bathroom. She then threw herself on the small bed, hoping for a good nights sleep. 

--

Hurrah~! For my very first fanfic. Please comment and subscribe ^^

The ending seemed kind of rushed though.