The Heartbreaking Story ~

The Photo That Will Forever Stay In My Heart.

- I .. I uhm... - 
I was lost for words. What was I supposed to say? 
I scratch the back of my head and try to think of a way to get myself out of this conversation. 
- I was just in the park, taking pictures and then I suddenly saw a couple fighting and as nosy as I am, I decided to go watch them.I was just uhm.. bored I guess. I recognized that guy, he's from our school right? Oh well that made me even more curious. -
I laugh slightly trying to make this less awkward. 
- Don't think i'm creepy or anything.. I was just simply bored -
I let my eyes wander around, hoping she wouldn't notice that i'm lying. 
I felt really bad for lying to her...REALLY bad.
She's the only friend i've got here and i'm already lying to her. 
She seems to be upset all of a sudden and I don't understand why. 
-Are you okay, Yoona? - I look closely into her eyes, waiting for a reply. 
She sighs and goes over to sit down on some rock.
I follow her, still waiting for a reply. 
-Yeah, i'm okay.. it's just that.. the guy in that park.. I - I still love him.. - 
I can feel my jaw dropping to the floor and my knees becoming weak. 
-YOU WHAT?!!?!- I accidently shout at her too loudly and I realise I shouldn't have done that. 
- I.. I mean... really? he's your ex or something? -
Luckily Yoona doesn't take much notice in my reaction and I feel relieved.
I don't even know why, but when she told me that she still loves him I got this rush through my body.
It wasn't a pleasant feeling and I don't wanna have that feeling again.
I don't even know what it was.
Do I like him?
I shaked my head.. no... that's not it... I don't even know him and he's a total jerk! 
-He's not my ex exactly, but we did have this 'thing' as some people call it. -
I can see that Yoona is struggling to explain herself to me and so I walk over to sit beside her. 
- What happened between both of you? Does he love you too? -
I am getting more and more curious now and somehow, im hoping for her answer to be a 'no'. 
She sighs and continues to talk. 

- Well, I have known him for all of my life I guess.
Our parents are really close friends and so me and him used to be friends also.
- She drags her eyes to the floor as she says the words 'used to be'. 
- I can't even recognise him anymore.. He has changed so much. I mean like really much. 
We went to school together and we were like best friends. He used to be so lovely. Everyone used to love him so much. He was the friendliest person anyone could ever meet. I always loved him but I always hid it from him. I knew that he would reject me, and also... I had no chance with him, he could have had any girl he pointed his finger at. We were friends up until high school. That's when he changed. He became really cocky and egoistic. Since so many people loved him, his confidence level kept on rising. 
There was a period of time when me and him started talking again in High School but just for a little while. Even though it was a short period of time I felt really attatched to him and as stupid as I was... I confessed to him... -
My eyes widen and I try to imagine what she could say next. She said he's not her ex boyfriend.. so then.. he must have rejected her. I am now starting to feel bad for her and I keep on listening. 
- So yeah, as you can probably guess what happens next.... he rejected me. He made a laugh out of me infront of the whole school! -
I can see tears filling in her eyes and all I can do is just hug her. I wrap my arms around her tightly and gently caress her arm. 
That jerk... 
I knew he was a jerk but I didn't think he would be THIS low. I wonder how he made a laugh out of her. I want to ask her, but I don't want to make her cry so I just keep quiet. I will ask her some other time.. when she's ready to talk about it. 
-Shhh... it's okay Yoona, he's a jerk! He doesn't deserve a girl like you. -
I try comforting her but i'm sure that my words can't help her. 

We sit on the rock for about 30 minutes and she tells me stories about her and that guy when they were little. I can't help but smile a little at a few of the stories. They are sweet. I feel jealous somehow.. I always wanted to have a close 'guy' friend while growing up but I kind of grew up alone in the country side. 

I stand up of the rock and I see that guy.. he's coming... here. He's coming towards us. I wonder if he heard us talking or if he noticed us sitting here or if he is just simply leaving the field. 
I quickly think of what I should do and if I should tell Yoona that he's coming. 
He reaches us and stops beside us. He looks at Yoona and then me. 
-You're the girl from my graphic and design class, right? - 
I nod and swift my eyes to Yoona. 

They didn't say a word to each other while he was standing there and I felt bad for her. 
Tears filled her eyes and she stood up of the rock and started sprinting away from us into the distance. 
I didn't know if I should follow her or just leave her alone.
- What happened? Did I do or say something wrong? -
He scratches the back of his neck and looks confused. It's as if he doesn't know anything. He looks clueless. 
- Uhm.. what exactly happened between you and Yoona? -
I am now even more curious to find out his side of the story. I should stop being so nosy but I just can't help it. 

- What happened between us? What do you mean? -
He seems extremely confused and that's making me confused also. 
-Well she said.. you guys had a thing sort of.. uhmm... -
I try to awkwardly explain to him without saying too much. 
- A thing?! What do you mean by that? We were just friends...  We have been friends since we were little.. our parents are close friends also. - 
My eyes widen and I don't know what to say... Was Yoona lying to me about all of it? 
- So ... she didn't confess to you in high school? -  
He narrows his eyebrows and stares at me.
-Confess to me? are you crazy? she never liked a guy like me. She was the Queen of our school. All she ever did was just push me around like her slave or something. -
He seems to be sincere but I don't know if I should trust him. 

I feel like my head is about to explode. I have gathered waaaaay to much information today and I don't even know which one to believe. Yoona is my friend.. the lovely innocent friend who seems to be really sincere but on the other hand.. this guy ... he has no reason to be lying to me. Why would he lie? Or is he saying the truth?

I don't even realise the time flying by so quickly. Me and that guy have been walking around the park for hours now. He doesn't seem like a jerk after all, unless he was lying to me earlier on about that whole Yoona thing. One of them is lying to me... and I will find out which one it is.
 

-So you're into photography? -
He seems to be really curious about me as he asks me these random yet nice questions. I feel like he's trying to get to know me which makes me happy in a way.
- YES! I love photography... I love going somewhere and noticing all the beautiful surroundings and then taking a picture of it. I feel happiest when taking pictures. -
I see a smirk forming on this lips and he takes my camera out of my hands.
-YAH! what are you doing?! -
I get really protective over my camera and he just took it.. without permission. He laughs and turns on the camera. I don't want him to see any of my personally taken photographs. They are somehow secretive and behind each picture.. there's a meaning.
- Come on.. if taking pictures makes you happiest... then let's take a picture together. After all, I love taking pictures too. -
He winks at me.
-We have alot in common-
 He stands really close to me and I can feel my knees shaking. I'm so nervous.. and I don't even know why. He wraps his arm around my shoulders and it reminds me of the day when he did that at school and I got really pissed off at him. This time I smile and I don't feel like shaking off his arm. I want that arm to stay around my shoulders forever. I like this feeling. He pulls me even closer to him. 
- SAY CHEESE! -
He chuckles and I smile into the camera. I don't really like taking pictures of myself.. I always feel awkward.. I prefer to take pictures of others or other things. He takes the photograph and lets go o
f me.
NO NO NO NO NOOO!! PUT IT BACK ON ! I feel like shouting that to him but I decide to just stay quiet and smile. It felt warm when he had his arm around me. 

There's silence between us and it's starting to make me feel awkward. I take my camera back and look at the picture he just took. 
I chuckle.
- We look silly - He leans in to look at the picture also. 
- You look pretty! - He smiles at me and I keep looking down at the picture. 
I can't help it but smile and I feel him smirking at me. Damn it ! He always smirks ! it's so frustrating!

 

I didn't notice it getting dark already. I look around and he decides to walk me home. I was surprised. 
We were talking about random things the whole walk home and I really enjoyed it. I was really hoping that the walk would never end. I'm a really lazy person who hates walking and excercising but with him.. I could walk miles and miles without ever stopping. 
We reach the door of my house and I realise I don't even know his name yet. 
- So uhm.. we have spent alot of time together ... but I don't even know your name - I awkwardly laugh and let my eyes wander around. 
He chuckles and looks at me with loving eyes. 
- I'm Jonghyun... Kim JongHyun. - He smiles and reaches out his hand to shake mine. - Nice to officially meet you, I guess. -