The Phone Call

Hereafter

“Hello?”

Lu Han waited, the sound of static and the outside world answered him from the other side of the line, as well what he what he thought was a very quiet intake of breath behind it.

“Is this Lu Han?” A young voice spoke suddenly, with a rude demanding tone that didn’t match the pitch of his voice. It was deep, but Lu Han noticed it was definitely not a fully matured voice. He pushed himself up with his arm and sat up on his bed.

“Yes. Can I help you?” Lu Han replied, furrowing his eyebrows as what seems to be a gush of wind blew into the others phone, the sound buzzing loudly into his ear. Then he heard the sound of a car door slam shut in the background, and suddenly the background it was quiet.

“I want you to design a website for me.”

“Uh, ok...A website I can do. What kind of...what for?” Lu Han replied automatically, blinking as he reached for his small notepad.

“Drive slowly please” said the others voice faintly in the background before apparently bringing the phone back to his ear, “...I’d really prefer if we discussed everything in person. Will you be in tomorrow?”

Lu Han looked down, holding his notepad on his lap, playing with the corners of the thin pages between his fingers.

“Um? Yes? Do you know where I-” Lu Han started before he was cut off abruptly.

 “I’ll ring tomorrow. When I do I want you to go outside and get in the black car that’ll be waiting for you.”

“G-Get in the-?” Lu Han spluttered, not believing what he was hearing from the man – or perhaps boy - at the other end, “W-wait a minute!”

“What is it?” the other replied, frustrated, obviously not finding anything wrong or the least bit suspicious with his request.

“If you think I’m just suddenly going to get into a strangers car -”

The stranger cut him off again, sighing loudly and rather obnoxiously.

“Look, Lu Han, I’m a really busy person. Even if I wanted to kidnap you I wouldn’t have time to, not to mention I’m calling you with my number showing and sending a rather noticeable car to get you in the middle of the day.”

Lu Han sat silently, frowning. He was right. The other person sighed again at his silence and spoke again.

“Aren’t all clients strangers at first?”

True, also. Then Lu Han realised something he probably should have asked near the beginning of the phone call.

“Who are-”

[Beeeeeep]

“-you...” Lu Han finished at he pulled the phone away from his ear and stared at it in disbelief.

[Beeeeeep]

They hung up. He set the phone on his notepad, pressed a few buttons on his phone and looked at the number again in his call log.

012-0494

He ruffled his hair with his hands as he looked at the number, huffing to himself as he mulled it all over in his head. Well, he guessed he might as well. If anything it was another client, more money, and he’d finished most of what he had to do for any others. He then figured if he was kidnapped it’s not like anyone would notice much anyway, apart from a handful over the internet. He fell back onto his bed again, sinking into the scrunched up duvet and pillows. The silence feeling heavier than usual he grabbed his phone and stuck on his favourite song by JJ Lin and sang along under his breath. Lu Han thought of his father and he sniffed as he recalled that it’s been five years since he left China and came to Korea, hoping for excitement and new friends. He’d gotten neither. His dad was so busy with his new family, his new life, his new children that he had only rung thrice to ask Lu Han how he was.

He groaned and turned over when the song ended, hiding his face into the pillow and kicking piled up duvet off with his feet. His notepad dug into his stomach, but he ignored it lazily and thought of the mysterious client he’d spoken to on the phone before he drifted peacefully off to sleep.

~

A/N: I wrote loads for the A/N so decided to make it a blog. /laughs at myself, and once again if you spot any spelling/grammar mistakes I will find them and throw them into my pit of lava.