One

The Chances in Love

 

 

"The hardest part of growing up is that you have to do what is right for you, even if it means breaking someone's heart... Including your own." 

 

~~~oOo~~~

 

"If any of you wins this contest, there will be a chance for you to go to Paris and study there. I wish you all the luck, fighting!" My Professor enthusiastically told us and we smiled in return.

I, Kim Choco, am studying here in Seoul University in the Art department, majoring in Fashion Design. Obviously, I want to be a famous fashion designer someday. I will do my very best to achieve that goal because it's been my dream ever since I was young. 

That's why this grand contest that they are conducting must be won by me, no matter what. This is the thing that would lead me to my dream.

Of course all my classmates joined because we are all aiming for the same goal. So,  I spent all my time drawing the best designs that I could come up with and sent it in. They would be giving the results after a week. 

 

 

A week passed by and our Professor went inside the room looking at us with bright smile. She was holding a brown envelope containing the result of the grand contest.

"Are you guys ready to hear the result?" She asked.

"Yes~" Everyone cheered excitedly and nervously at the same time.

"The winner for this contest who will receive a scholarship in a prestigious university in Paris is none other than... Kim Choco." The Professor smiled as she announced my name.

My classmates clapped their hands and I stood up and went to the front to get the scholarship certificate with a plane ticket to Paris, France for tomorrow.

"Thank you very much!" I said blissfully.

 

 

After receiving my prize, I was having second thoughts if that was what I really wanted. Because pursuing my dreams means living everything behind... Including 'him'... Which means I have to go through everyday without him by my side... I'll have to look forward to tomorrow without him cheering me on and helping me when I needed someone the most... 

Is that what I really want?

Aish...

But this is my dream that we're talking about. I can't just give up after having that chance that I never thought I could have... I've decided,  I-I can't give this up. 

I'm sorry, Luhan.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Have you seen Choco anywhere? I haven't seen her all day..." Luhan shrugged his head. 

"I haven't seen her, hyung." Chen answered.

"Let's ask her classmates." Luhan suggested.

"But hyung, we're already inside the Music department! It'll be like 15 minutes to go to the Art department! We'll be late for our class..." Chen whined.

"Jeez, fine, let's just go during our free period later." 

 

 

"Do you know where Choco is? Luhan asked Choco's female classmate.

"Didn't you know that Choco had won the contest?" She said, shocked.

"Contest? What contest?" Chen interrupted with curiousity.

"Omo, I can't believe she didn't tell you! Its a contest for Fashion Designing and since Choco won it yesterday, she received full scholarship in a university in Paris, France." She explained.

"So... that means..?" Chen asked.

"That means she left for France because she won.."

"What!? She left!?" Luhan exclaimed and without wasting his time, he turned around and walked away.

"Hyung! Where are you going?" Chen followed soon after Luhan.

"I'm going to her house... Maybe she's just absent." Luhan tried to think positively, not wanting to believe what Choco's classmate had said.  *She wouldn't leave just like that right? Not even bothering to tell me about it... Plus she hasn't even said goodbye, if it was really the truth.*

"...Hyung... What if Choco's classmate was right? What if she really left?" Chen asked sadly.

"...That can't be true...", Luhan faced him, "She wouldn't leave me without saying goodbye or anything, right?"

Chen smiled faintly, "Yeah."

 

Luhan and Chen reached Choco's house and knocked. "Mrs. Kim?"

The door opened revealing a middle-aged woman but still looks beautiful, "Oh, Luhan and ... Chen.. What are you guys doing here?" 

"Mrs. Kim... Is... It true that.. Choco left?" Luhan asked, hoping that the answer is no.

Mrs. Kim looked down and bit her lip... *It seems that my daughter couldn't tell her boyfriend that she's leaving huh?*

"Luhan-ah, mianhae... She left  1 hour ago to go to the airport..." Mrs. Kim answered dejectedly.

Chen saw how Luhan got upset right after hearing Mrs. Kim's words and patted Luhan's back apologetically.

"... Thanks Mrs. Kim and sorry for bothering you..." Luhan said in a low voice, trying to hold back the tears that were forming in his eyes.

 

 

Chen accompanied Luhan that night, to a bar and he saw how heartbroken Luhan was. He felt sorry for his friend but couldn't do anything to help him but give his support and be there for him.

Luhan, on the other hand, drunk all his sadness away. He felt pissed, hurt and most of all, betrayed by the woman he loves.

"How can she leave me!? Is her dream of being a fashion designer that important? Luhan asked, irritatedly.

"... Hyung, we both know how Choco wanted to be a fashion designer ever since we met her, right? Maybe she just took this chance... And that's why she left." 

Luhan couldn't fight the tears anymore, he knew what Chen had said what right.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After Choco left, Luhan changed. Chen saw how miserable Luhan was for doing things he would never do such as breaking girls' hearts. He became a player. He lost respect for women. He uses his innocent, good looks and charming smile to lure the girls to him and break their hearts.

His looks also became the way for him to be discovered by S.M Entertainment, one of the top companies that trains people with a huge potential or talent to become Kpop Idols. But Chen who was also great singer like Luhan, auditioned and fortunately, both of them were accepted. After training for 1 and a half year, they debuted in a 6 member group called EXO-M.

"Hyung, stop playing with them... If you don't love them, then leave them be.. You're being cruel, you know?" Chen said, feeling sympathetic to the girls.

"Pfsh.. You're no fun, Chen." Luhan said jokingly and rolled his eyes.

"He's right, hyung. " Lay, one of his bandmates, said.

"... Just let me be, guys." Luhan grunted as he sat on the couch of the studio and closed his eyes.

He was tired of recording for their new album and now he has to hear to their complaints. *Isn't that too much?* He thought.

"Here's some food." Xiumin, the oldest one in the group, said.

Chen and Lay started eating but Luhan didn't have an appetite. Suddenly, the door opened and two figures came inside the recording studio. 

"You guys shopped again?" Lay asked as he raised his brows.

"Well, since Kris hyung and I are the rappers of the group, we have like the LEAST parts in a song so after we finished recording, we decided to go shopping." Tao, the maknae in the group, said in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

"Don't worry we bought some for you all..." Kris said and sat down to eat.

"Actually, Kris hyung and I are eyeing the new fashion clothing line named "KC", that would be opening here in Korea... Plus, the designer is pure Korean and she's the same age like us. We also heard that its the hottest brand right now even though its just starting... They said the popularity is really high in other countries... But.." Tao pouted cutely.

Luhan's ears perked up with curiosity when they mentioned that the name of the brand is "KC" plus, the designer is pure Korean and the same age as them.

"BUT??" Xiumin, Lay and Chen said altogether. 

"... Well, it didn't open yet... They said that it'll open next week." Kris answered.

"Cheer up, Tao. Seven days would pass by like a blink of an eye..." Xiumin patted the maknae's back.

"Here, have some dukbokki to cheer yourself up." Chen handed Tao some dukbokki.

"Thanks hyung." He beamed and started eating.

After a few moments, Luhan sat beside Tao and asked, "What does KC stands for?"

"... I forgot, hyung..." Tao scratched the back of his head.

"Ah!" Kris exclaimed, "I read it in the internet! KC! It is an acronym for the designer's name... Uhm... It has... Like something to do with food... Uhmm..." Kris pondered.

"Oh! Choco!! As in chocolate!" Tao exclaimed. 

Luhan looked shocked and Chen saw it too when they had an eye contact.

"She's going to be back.." They both thought.

"Wae hyung? Since when have you been interested in fashion?" Kris raised his thick eyebrows.

"Aniyo, I... was just curious. That's all.." Luhan faked a smiled, a pang of pain had struck his heart at the thought of her.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Choco-ah, would you please look that way.." Key said as he pointed to the right.

He's a photographer and Choco met him while he was taking pictures at the models for the Coco Chanel brand. He mistook Choco for a model but she was a student that time and they were having a lesson in that studio, after that he persuaded Choco to be a model and that's how their friendship started.

He then eventually became the official photographer of "KC". That's right, KC stands for Kim Choco, it is the hottest topic among the fashion designers around the world right now. It was unexpectedly popular the moment they launch it to the whole world to see. Fashion designers and fashionistas are going crazy and buzzing around her one of a kind designs.

"Okay, that's enough for today!" Key smiled to Choco and the other staffs. They bowed to each other and cleaned up the studio before bidding each other farewell.

"How's the shop in Korea? Still not done yet?" He asked.

"It'll be done by next week and I'll go there too because I haven't gone home in 2 years", Choco smiled, "Will you be able to come with me?" 

"Honey, I'll go there but I can't go with you yet, because I still have some things to do here in France." He said apologetically.

Choco hugged Key, "I'll miss you.." 

"Me too, honey." Key hugged back.

Now, some may think that Choco and Key are dating because of their closeness to each other but the truth is they are only best friends. Furthermore, Key is gay so he doesn't feel the same way a guy feels about other girls. Only Choco knows the truth about Key being gay.  

 

*Going back to South Korea,huh? I wonder about him... How's he doing there? Did he... Forget... About me? Will we see each other again?*

 

 

~~~oOo~~~

 

 

 

A/N: Hi! The Key that is in the story is Kim Kibum from Shinee ^^

If you have any questions, feel free to ask :D

Please do comment and subscribe :)