Chapter 4

Being a Girl.

kay...if this shows up as rated M it's not >.< i accidentally clicked it and now it won't turn off lol ANWAYS, it's not rated M lol to all those who got their hopes up; SHAME ON YOU! lol jk jk, enjoy^^ please comment^^

 

Chapter 4
 
"....ause of the mental trauma, don't worry too much. Ah, I think he's awake now."  Something cold presses on my wrist, "His pulse is less , can you open your eyes?" The male voice is clearly aimed at me now. 
 
Groaning I blink my eyes, adjusting once again to the stark light of the hospital room. I meet the gentle gaze of a younger looking man, a small smile on his face.
 
"Very good!" Another grin, "Now, can you tell me your name young man?"
 
I return his overly happy smile with the fiercest glare I can manage in this state, "Go to hell."
 
Clearly not expecting that he stutters a bit, "A-ah, *cough* w-well, you're tired I'm sure, please, rest." With that he leaves the room, the click of the door signaling his disappearance. 
 
The moment he's gone I try to sit up again, attempting to leave when I feel something holding me down. Glancing over I realize my wrists are strapped down with my ankle as well.
 
"F-feeling any better?" I hear the same timid voice from before.
 
She's still here?! Tch. "Feeling better"? Ha! 
 
"I wouldn't feel anything if it weren't for you..." I manage.
 
Tears gather in my eyes, my breathing becoming unsteady. God why didn't she just mind her own business? Soft fingers startle me as they wipe away my tears, her hands shaking slightly.
 
"I...I don't know what made you...think this way but," she leans over towards me, "I can promise you that it's no reason to want...to die." Her last words are quiet, almost a whisper.
 
A ragged, crude laugh slips past my lips, "You...someone I don't even know...why do you care? Hm? No one ever has. Don't you think I'm gross? Freaky? Everyone else did. Why do think different? I'm sick and tired of my life...I don't want to live it. I'm sick if being made fun of, of being bullied, harassed, beaten up. I just want to disappear..."
 
"Why ...do they make fun of you?" She asks, her voice clean of the mockery I had expected, instead filled with confusion.
 
"What's that supposed to mean?" 
 
"I mean, why would they do that stuff? What did you do?"
 
That does it. Tears fall again and I choke on my own sobs, "I didn't do anything! I didn't! I never interfere with what they do or say anything disrespectful! Nothing dammit! I don't even ACT like a girl but I look like one so they never left me alone! Those bastards!! They freaking me for gods sake!" My whole body is trembling now, "Why couldn't they just treat me like a normal person? Do I look THAT ugly? Am I THAT similar to a woman that that's all they saw?"
 
"I...I just wanted to escape...why couldn't you just leave me there?" I bring my eyes to meet hers, seeing then filled with tears as they roll down her face.
 
What the?! W-why?
 
"Y-yah--" forgetting about the straps on me I try to sit up again, "Aish, get these of me!" To my surprise, she does, quietly crying while doing so.
 
Watching her finish I readjust, and lean forward to where she's sitting, "D-don't cry..." I wipe the tears that continue to fall.
 
"Why are you crying?" I feel my own eyes watering still from watching this girl sob.
 
"Why would you attempt suicide yet care of someone is crying?" Her shaky voice asks.
 
I blink, unsure how to answer considering...I don't know why.
 
"I-I don't know...Y-you shouldn't cry though," I shift to the edge of the hospital bed, me legs falling over the edge.
 
For the first time I actually look at this girl, her short, brown hair falls into her eyes, her face is slender and pale with shiny globes staring back into mine. Heat rushes to my cheeks as I realize how pretty she is and know how I must look right now.
 
"I'm sorry," she whispers, "I'n sorry people treated you like that. That they made you think death was better...but," she stares sternly at me, making me feel small under her unwavering gaze, "it's not. Life is so awesome! You should never want to die even if it's hard, you shouldn't think like that."
 
"There's nothing in my life worth living for."
 
Suddenly, she smiles, "I may not know you, but I can promise you that your life is worth living and I want to help show you that!" She extends her hand happily, "My name is Sulli, it's nice to meet you!" Her soft smile seems to light up the bland room.
 
"U-uh my n-name's TaeHyun, n-nice to meet you..." I timidly reach out an shake her hand.
 
"Alright TaeHyun, ready to see how great your life really is?"