Chap. 3 - I Smell Something Fishy...

Go Back

I smiled back and we leaned in for a kiss.

———————

Jooyeon's POV

 

We walked downstairs as Kevin was about to leave.
"Jooyeon ah, meet me at our house tomorrow morning at 11:00 am" I smiled and ran my hands through his hair. 
"Ne arraso" he smiled at me and kissed me on my forehead. We both waved goodbye and I watched out the window as his car went out of our driveway. I smiled then went back to my room and fell asleep looking at the orchids. 

 

10:00 am

 

I arrived at the house early in the morning to clean up the place. I brought the orchids with me and set it on the counter top in the kitchen. I cleaned the stove, the fridge, and even the little hard-to-reach places. Then I went upstairs and cleaned the bathroom and the bedrooms, then I heard the doorbell ring. I held onto the banister and ran downstairs to get the door, I opened it and the delivery guys were here with the sofa, but oddly enough, I saw them carrying a queen-sized mattress. 

 

"Uh, excuse me but I didn't order a mattress" I spoke to the delivery guy. 
"Well ma'am, in the receipt it says your address and the name Kevin Woo in it for both the sofa and the bed" I quickly took a close look at the receipt and the guy was right. 

 

*When did Kevin get a mattress?* I thought. 

 

"Uh...alright then. Sorry for that, just bring it in" I watched carefully as the people brought the sofa and bed in, making sure none of them made any scratches on the wall. I signed the form and closed the door on them. I took my phone out to see what time it was and it was already 11:12. 

 

"Whoa...it's already past 11:00? I wonder where Kevin is..." I said to myself. I looked in front of me, these two big furniture literally covering at least half the size of the living room. I sighed and went back upstairs to clean up, while waiting for Kevin. I went into the closet in our room and then I spotted a huge cockroach

 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

 

Kevin's POV

 

Once I walked into the house, first thing I saw was these two huge furniture covering almost the whole entire living room, but then I heard a huge scream from upstairs. 
"Jooyeon? JOOYEON!" I took off my shoes and threw them somewhere and booked it upstairs. I then checked all of the rooms and found her standing in ours. 
"Jooyeon!" she saw me and quickly hid behind me.

 

"Jooyeon, what's wrong? What happened? Are you hurt?" I turned around and checked her face and her body. 
"Stop checking me and freakin' get that thing out of here!" I looked at her confused and then she fiercely point towards the closet. I walked in and I couldn't believe my eyes, that was the biggest cockroach I've ever seen in my life. I didn't really know what to do as I looked everywhere, trying to find the thing to get that bug out of here.

 

"Do you know where the broom and dustpan are?!" I asked, panicking. Next thing I knew, I already heard her footsteps pounding on the stairs as she went downstairs. Then I heard them again coming up and she handed me the broom and dustpan. I slowly put the dustpan near the thing and lightly pushed it in it with the broom.
"Open the balcony door!" Jooyeon quickly opened it and I rushed towards the balcony and just flipped the pan upside down and saw the cockroach fall into the grass. I sighed in relief and turned around to see a very scared wife of mine.

 

"Jooyeon, everything's okay now. You can relax" I was walking towards her with the broom and pan and then she quickly pointed at me. 
"
Don't come towards with those things! Either clean those or throw them away and buy another one!" My eyes widened as she was yelling. She moved to the side clearing path for me to go downstairs. I went downstairs to the bathroom and washed the broom and dustpan. I saw a head peek in and I looked at the mirror and chuckled when I saw her eyes on the dustpan. 

 

"Why are you cleaning them and not throwing them out?" she asked. 
"Because when we first bought this, I could tell you really liked the design. I can't throw out the things that my wife likes" she kind of smiled but then she said, 
"But, but...it's gonna give me nightmares..." , "Jooyeon ah, everything's fine now. That cockroach is gone and will never come back. And besides, this broom and dustpan are our lifesaver! They saved us from the cockroach, they helped us to get the cockroach away" I secretly chuckled at her cuteness. 

 

"Well, even though that thing won't come back, what if...his friends come back? Or even worse! What if he told his friends that it was us to threw him? They'll come back for revenge..." I looked at her and she pouted. 
"Jooyeon, don't worry. If they really will, broom, dustpan, and I will save the day!" I raised my hand up just like how superman would, and she giggled. Jooyeon came in and hugged me around the waist and laid her head on my back.
"I'm glad I have you..." I finished cleaning and turned around. "Yeah, I am too" then I flicked water at her with my hands. She closed her eyes and opened in surprise. Jooyeon quickly moved me out of the way and the tap and splashed water at me, we both laughed afterwards and then we cleaned each other's faces. 

 

Jooyeon's POV

 

I looked at him then a question popped up in my head. "Oh, I have a question"
"And what is your question?" I wrapped my arms around his neck and asked, "Why weren't you here at 11:00? You were here like around 11:30" Kevin's eyes started to wander around and he looked at other stuff but not at me. 

 

"Hmm?" 

 

"Uh...Deanna needed my help with something, since ya know, she's busy her files and stuff. Doctors, ya know them, some of them are messy, Deanna's one of them" he chuckled. I looked at him with a "really?" look. 
"Do you not believe me?" , "Oh no, I do. I do Kevin. I really do" I let go then walked out of the washroom. 
"But from what I've seen, Deanna seems like a very organized doctor" I said as I took a bottled of water out of the fridge. 
"Well, today she slept in, she was all over the place" , "Deanna. Slept in? Tch, I doubt that" I opened the bottle and took a sip of the water. 

 

"Jooyeon, do you not believe me?" Kevin asked. "If it's about U-KISS and stuff, then I would. But using your sister as your excuse? I seriously can't imagine Deanna being so disorganized. Since the day I've known her, she wanted to be a doctor, and to become one there is no way that she will let such a small thing get in her way. I know that she sleeps early and even wakes up early too, but, her sleeping in? Can't imagine it" 

 

He hugged me and started using his aegyo. "Jooyeon~ I'm being serious here. I was late because Deanna needed my help. I would never use her as an excuse" I looked at him and he really did seem like he was telling the truth. 
"Fine...I'll believe you" he smiled and kissed me on the temple. 

 

*I'll go ask Deanna myself then*  I thought.

 

———————

Here's another chapter!!! Hope you guys like it, sorry if it's boring but...the exciting part's gonna come up soon!

Comment and/or subscribe :)