Chap. 2 - Memories of Orchids

Go Back

" *sigh* fine...I'll think of something" Hoon went up to him and patted Kevin on the shoulder.

———————

Kevin's POV

 

I hopped into my car and drove to Jooyeon's house, as I was driving, I kept on thinking on what I should say for her to forgive me. I kept on looking at the flower shops that I've drove by and remembering that Jooyeon's favorite flower was orchid, I hesitated on if I should buy her one or not. I finally made up my mind and stopped at the shop that I was closest to and went in.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. What kind of flower are you looking for?" the lady asked me. 
"Uh...do you have any white and purple orchids?" I asked. "Oh yes. Here are all of our orchids, if you need anymore help, just ask any of our staff and we'll help you" she lead me to the orchids and then bowed and I bowed back. I looked at the pretty orchids they had a blue and white orchid. 

*Blue's Jooyeon's favorite color...* I thought. I went back to counter and told the lady that I wanted the orchids, she smiled and nodded her head and brought the orchids to the counter.
"That would be 8,000 won please" I handed her the money then bowed and walked out of the shop. I started my car and drove to Jooyeon's house. I walked up to her door holding the orchids behind me then rung the doorbell. I looked up when the door opened and there was Jooyeon, she looked at me kind of surprised. 

 

"W-what are you doing here?" she asked. "Can I come in first?" , "I...I don't know, we're actually pretty busy right now" 
"Who's that at the door Jooyeon?" I heard her mom ask. "It's me ommoni" I said and when she came out of the kitchen and saw me, she smiled. 
"Omo, omo. Kevin-ssi, come on in. Don't stand there, it's cold outside" she pushed Jooyeon aside so I could come in. "Would you like tea Kevin?" , "Gwenchana ommoni" I said and then she laid her eyes on the flowers in my hands. 
"Omo, who are those for?" her mom asked and took a glance at Jooyeon. "Oh uh, well..." I paused. 
"Are those for Jooyeonnie?" I looked down embarrassed and I think ommoni understood because she then said, "I'll be in the kitchen if any of you guys need me" 

 

I looked at Jooyeon and she quickly looked away and started to go upstairs. I followed her calling her name.
"Jooyeon. Jooeyon ah" I held the door open before she could close it. 
"What do you want?" she asked, irritated. I brought the orchids in front of me and showed her. 
"These are for you"  
She took a look at the flowers and asked "And what is the meaning of this?" , "I know you love orchids, and at the store I saw that they had blue and white ones, and I know that you love the color blue. Jooyeon, please forgive me. I know that I shouldn't have talked to you like that, I'm sorry. Please?" I extended my arms as I held onto the pot of orchids and pouted. She looked at me then just walked into her room and sat on her bed. 
"Jooyeon ah..." , "Why are you using your aegyo on me and not placing the flowers on the table? You must be tired just holding onto them" she looked at then looked away and I knew that she was secretly smiling. 

 

I smiled then wrapped my arms around her. "So you forgive me?" I saw her eyes taking a glance at me and then she smiled. 
"Whatever you think. If you think that I have forgiven you then I have, if you think that I haven't, then I'm not" Jooyeon still gave me the "I don't care" attitude but I know that she has forgiven me. 
"Alright. I'll take it as a 'you have forgiven me' then" I smiled then quickly gave a peck on her cheek. I could tell that she was blushing then she turned around and faced me. 
"Kevin...mianhae" I was confused and cupped her cheeks. "Waeyo?" , "I...I shouldn't have been so short-tempered. I should have understood about your condition, about your pocket...but all I was doing was thinking about myself. How selfish was I...it's all my fault this happened" she hung her head but I quickly lifted it back up. 

 

"No! I don't want you to say that. It's not your fault, you can't blame everything on you. I had some of my problems too. You were trying to stop me from starting an argument but...I just had to go on. I didn't mean to push ourselves to our limits...but...aish, I don't know why I continued" she held onto my hands and looked into my eyes.
"Let's just call it a truce...both of us had our faults" I looked at Jooyeon and smiled. I nodded my head and we both hugged each other.
"So, where did you buy those flowers?" she asked. "A flower shop nearby" , "Ah...they're very pretty Kevin. Thanks" Jooyeon kissed me on the cheek and stood up. She walked towards them and took a sniff. 
"Mmm...they smell good" I smiled and walked up behind her and back hugged her. "You know, the smell of orchids actually remind me of you" 
"Oh really? Why?" she turned her head and looked at me while holding the pot of flowers in her hands. 
"Because when we were little, you would always bring me to this flower shop and show me orchids. As I got use to the smell of them, my mind immediately thinks of you cause, well, you love them" 

 

Jooyeon laid her head on my shoulder and sighed. 
"Years have gone by so fast...we were once little kids who wanted to be adults. Now that we're adults, we keep on going back to our childhood memories... Life is just playing with our minds, isn't it?" I looked at her and she smiled. I smiled back and we both leaned in for a kiss.

 

———————

Hey guys, sorry for a kind of boring and short chapter here. 

But I hope you guys enjoyed it and comment and/or subscribe!! ^^