If I Just Lay Here

EXO Oneshot Collection

pairing: kaisoo.
word count: 2800.
rating: pg-13.
genre: 100% teeth-rotting fluff.
summary: jongin reminisces.
A/N: this story is a sequel to this one. it is possible that it can be read as a standalone, but there are some things that will probably make more sense if you read the other story first.

 



Jongin was calm.

Jongin was totally calm.

After all, this was only the guy he had been crushing on for weeks, and he was only standing in Jongin's living room. No big deal.

...

Yes big deal. ing huge deal. Jongin might just pass out. Despite their awkward first meeting, Kyungsoo had actually entered Jongin's apartment out of his own free will, and now he was looking around the place with obvious curiosity. Jongin knew he should probably do the polite thing and take on the role of Good Host, but he was afraid he'd throw up out of nervousness if he was to as much as open his mouth, so he decided to get his unsettled stomach under control before attempting to do anything else, especially things involving speaking to Kyungsoo.

Kim Jongin, is that you?” Jongin winced as his mother's voice carried from the kitchen. That tone and the fact that she called him by his full name could only mean one thing: he was in trouble. The sound of her approaching footsteps alone was enough to send him into a state of near-panic, and he was already instinctively searching for a place to hide. “Where on earth have you been? I was– oh.” She had entered the living room and paused at the sight of Kyungsoo standing there. “I'm sorry, I wasn't aware we had company. My son doesn't seem to know how to use a phone.”

Kyungsoo let out a laugh, quickly masking it as a cough, and Jongin could feel his face heating up. If only she knew. “That's okay, ma'am,” Kyungsoo said. It was still a struggle for Jongin not to swoon upon hearing Kyungsoo talking without the crackling static and poor connection. He had such a nice voice. “This was kind of an unexpected meeting. We got stuck in an elevator together during the blackout and we started talking and now we're here. My name is Do Kyungsoo, by the way. I believe we're neighbors.” He bowed to her, and Jongin tried not to stare too hard at his (but it looked really damn good in those pants).

Jongin's mother seemed pleased by Kyungsoo's politeness. “Is that so? Well, it's always nice to get to know your neighbors better. Will you be staying for dinner, Kyungsoo-sshi?”

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that for today, ma'am. I have to go to work soon.” Jongin's skin flushed an even darker red. God. This was going to be the end of him. “I just wanted to talk to Jongin for a little longer.”

Ah, that's a shame.” Was she... was she pouting? “Some other time, maybe.”

I'll hold you to that,” Kyungsoo said with an easy smile, and Jongin's mother chuckled and cooed, and this was getting really ing weird, so Jongin cleared his throat.

We'll be in my room,” he said as he headed in that direction, followed by Kyungsoo.

Let me know if you need anything,” his mother called after them. “Snacks. Drinks. Anyth–.” Jongin closed the door on her before she could finish her sentence.

Jongin's room wasn't anything special. It was like most other teenagers' rooms, really. The walls were white, he had a bed, a desk with a chair and a laptop, a few posters adorning the walls. The most interesting and unique thing about his room was probably his massive collection of comic books and comic book paraphernalia, all arranged neatly on their designated shelves.

This was exactly where Jongin found Kyungsoo, looking over the various titles, and at the same time he also found himself flushing all over again. Most people tended to make fun of him for his nerdy hobby, so exposing it to the one guy he wanted to impress the most seemed like quite the risk, and he was ready to brush it off with a self-deprecating comment when Kyungsoo let out a noise of surprise as he pulled out a volume of Jongin's favorite stories. “Oh wow, I didn't think they sold this one in Korea.”

With some effort, Jongin swallowed down his nerves. “They don't. I bought it off some guy online.”

Lucky,” Kyungsoo said. “This is really rare.” Jongin thought he might be a little bit in love, but he miraculously managed to hold back any sudden confessions. Too soon. Instead he stayed quiet and watched as Kyungsoo walked away from the shelves to go sit on the bed, bouncing on the mattress and brushing his hand over the blue bedsheets. “So this is where the magic happens?”

That made Jongin snort. “Right. What magic?”

Kyungsoo shrugged. “I don't know, I've been told I'm pretty good at my job.” Involuntarily, Jongin thought about all the times he had been in the exact same spot as Kyungsoo was sitting in right now, and he cleared his throat, eyes flicking away in his embarrassment. Kyungsoo hummed. “I'll take that as a yes.”

Jongin decided that it would probably be better for both his ego and his sanity if he changed the subject. He sat down next to Kyungsoo. Even with the few feet of distance kept between them, the mere idea of currently being on a bed with Kyungsoo was enough to make Jongin's heart rate pick up significantly. This was very quickly turning into one of his recurring wet dreams. He cleared his throat again. “Wh-what do you want to talk about?”

I don't know,” Kyungsoo said, and Jongin frowned a little.

But you were the one who wanted to come up here in the first place?”

Oh. Yeah. Right.” Kyungsoo studied his nails, his full lips pursed contemplatively. Don't think dirty thoughts, don't think dirty thoughts. “Tell me about how much you like me.”

Jongin let out a short laugh. “Isn't that a little self-centered?”

Maybe,” Kyungsoo said with yet another shrug. “But I feel like I kind of deserve it, what with you being a creepy stalker and all.” Jongin supposed he might have a point. “So? Are you gonna tell me or what?”

Suddenly feeling shy, Jongin looked down at his own feet. “I don't know. Like I told you, I just... kind of saw you around and I-I thought you were cute. That's all.”

How did you find out I have a job as a phone worker, then?”

This was something Jongin definitely wasn't very proud of. “Uhm...” His eyes flickered. “I... I was kind of... walking behind you one time...”

You mean you were following me?” Kyungsoo deadpanned, and Jongin balked.

No! It-it was a coincidence, I swear! I was walking home and I just so happened to end up walking behind you and your friends and I overheard you guys talking and I, uhm... I kind of... googled your company's name. As soon as I got home.”

Kyungsoo squinted at him as if he still didn't quite believe that, but he seemed to let it go in favor of asking: “And how do you feel about it?”

Funny how Kyungsoo could make Jongin go from panic to confusion so fast. “About what?”

About, you know... my occupation.”

I don't... feel any particular way about it.” Jongin furrowed his brow again. That didn't come out the way he meant it. “Well, I mean, you're... you're certainly good at what you're doing, but...” Once more he trailed off into silence. He wasn't quite sure how to tell Kyungsoo that he didn't mind without making it sound as though he didn't like what Kyungsoo could do to him with just his words. Because Jongin did like it. He really, really liked it.

So it doesn't bother you?”

No,” Jongin said truthfully. “Why would it?”

Kyungsoo scoffed and looked away, remaining silent for a while to consider his response. His tone was bitter as he muttered: “Believe it or not, a lot of people don't exactly approve of the fact that I have with people for money.”

You don't actually have with them, though,” Jongin interjected. Kyungsoo's eyes were on him again, piercing, but he carried on regardless. “And even if you did, it's wouldn't be anyone else's business. It's your body so what you choose to do with it is your decision.” For what felt like an infinite amount of time, Kyungsoo just sat there, staring at him without saying anything. Under normal circumstances, Jongin would have definitely flushed and looked away by now, but at the moment he felt like he was trying to prove a point, and he was adamant.

Eventually, Kyungsoo nodded to himself, as though he had mentally decided on something. “You're cute,” he said with conviction. “I like you.”

Now Jongin did flush. “R-really? Thank you. I... I mean... I like you too. I really like you... too. I'm–”

Will you just shut up and hold my hand already?” Kyungsoo cut him off.

Jongin's mouth snapped closed, and when he looked down, he saw Kyungsoo's hand resting between them on the mattress, palm up, a clear invitation. He swallowed down the lump that clogged up his throat. “O-okay,” he squeaked, shyly interlacing their fingers. And for the first time since they came here, Kyungsoo's smile was directed at Jongin and Jongin alone.

 

“Hey.” Jongin is pulled out of his stupor to find Kyungsoo watching him from the doorway.

Oh,” Jongin says, feeling his face heat up. He never managed to master the art of keeping his blush a secret, and being sprawled out on a bed under Kyungsoo's calculating eyes always makes him feel bashful, no matter what the situation is. “Hi. Sorry, I-I didn't hear you come home.” Kyungsoo merely lets out a noncommittal hum. Without a word, he crosses the floor and climbs onto the bed to straddle Jongin's legs.

After all this time, it shouldn't be a big deal, but to Jongin it still kinda is, and the stubborn swarm of butterflies in his stomach still flutters hopelessly when Kyungsoo leans in to give him a kiss. “What were you doing in here?” Kyungsoo asks after pulling away. His lips twitch. “Were you ?”

I was just thinking,” Jongin says quickly. Maybe a little too quickly, because Kyungsoo doesn't seem convinced at all.

Nonetheless, he humors Jongin: “Yeah? About what?”

Jongin tries to focus on anything other than Kyungsoo's eyes that are fastened on him, relentless. Instead he looks down at his own hands placed on Kyungsoo's hips as he runs a slow caress from Kyungsoo's waist to his thighs and back up again. It still seems so unreal that he's actually allowed to touch him like this. “I was thinking about when we met,” Jongin mumbles. He tends to have trouble talking about these kinds of things. He's too shy for this, too awkward.

Kyungsoo, however, isn't. “Which meeting? The first time you called me at work and I managed to make you come in less than two minutes, or when you stalked me and we ended up trapped in an elevator together and you were being super creepy?”

Jongin glares at him. “I wasn't being creepy,” he objects. All Kyungsoo does is shoot him a very skeptical look, and, once again, Jongin has to give in. “Okay, maybe I was being a little bit creepy. A-anyway, that's beside the point.” He turns his gaze back to his hands. His thumbs are rubbing circles on Kyungsoo's thighs. “I mean when we went to my place and you let me hold your hand.”

Oh,” Kyungsoo says. “That meeting.”

Yeah. It was exactly two years ago today.”

Kyungsoo smiles beatifically. “It was, wasn't it?” He leans down again to press another quick kiss to Jongin's lips. “And look how far we've come since then. I mean, you barely even blush anymore when I ask you to sit on my face or something like that.” In response, Jongin's cheeks flare up, but he courageously resists the encroaching urge to curl into a ball and hide for the rest of his life. Kyungsoo laughs a little, running his fingers through Jongin's hair. “Okay, maybe you're not quite ready for that yet.”

, how the hell can you just say stuff like that without dying of mortification?” Jongin groans. He knows he sure would if he as much as attempted it.

Kyungsoo gives a nonchalant shrug. “It's not so bad once you've had a bit of practice. And I've had a lot.” In the blink of an eye, his gaze changes from Casual Conversation (even though there's not really anything casual about Kyungsoo sitting on Jongin's ) to Sultry Seduction, a look Jongin knows all too well. He holds his breath as Kyungsoo walks his fingers up Jongin's torso – from his heaving stomach to his chest where his heart pounds like crazy – and Kyungsoo leans forward. “Jongin-ah,” he says, his voice a breathy whisper against the shell of Jongin's ear, his fingers the ghost of a caress on Jongin's neck. “Will you my ? Pretty please?”

Holy ,” Jongin squeaks. “Holy , yeah. Okay. Yeah. Can I? I mean...”

Kyungsoo is laughing when he sits up straight again, and Jongin inhales sharply, embarrassed and at the same time acutely aware of the now trapped in his pants. “You're so cute,” Kyungsoo says with a teasing smile playing on his lips. “Shouldn't you be immune to this by now? I've been doing it to you for years at this point.”

Accepting the fact that he's screwed, Jongin groans again, pressing the heels of his hands into his eyes. “I'm pretty sure I'll never get used to it. Do you even know how hot you are?” It's kind of unfair, really, the fact that Kyungsoo always manages to be so effortlessly attractive when Jongin most of all feels like he has the appeal of a boiled potato. And that's on a good day.

Yeah, I know,” Kyungsoo says nonchalantly. “But feel free to elaborate anyway.” He grins as he dodges the half-hearted punch Jongin aims at his shoulder. The evasive maneuver has him sliding off of Jongin's lap to stretch out next to him on the bed instead, and Jongin inwardly laments the lack of contact, but is pacified when Kyungsoo holds his hand. They're both quiet for a while, laying there in silence, until Kyungsoo mutters in a tone that is remarkably more serious: “You're hot too.”

Jongin scoffs. “Yeah right.” He feels a little bad when he hears Kyungsoo sigh.

Man. You don't even know, do you?” Jongin furrows his brow, and he would ask what Kyungsoo means by that, but Kyungsoo continues: “Have you really not noticed how Chanyeol always starts drooling when you walk into the room? Or how Baekhyun keeps making inappropriate comments about your mouth and ? Or how I beat them up whenever that happens?”

I thought you just did that because you enjoy hurting them.”

Kyungsoo considers that for a moment. “Okay, yeah, maybe that too,” he admits. “But I mostly do it because I don't like them coming onto you. Hell, I've even had to threaten Jongdae to stop him from leering all the time, and he's not even into guys. I don't like it. You're mine.

When Jongin turns his head to look at Kyungsoo, he finds him scowling, and Jongin smiles and kisses his forehead. “So possessive,” he mutters, though he doesn't necessarily hate it. Rather than that, he feels a little giddy. He has never felt wanted like this before.

Of course I am,” Kyungsoo says. He punches Jongin's chest lightly. “I'm in love with you, stupid.”

The comment fills Jongin with a pleasant warmth, spreading through his limbs and all the way into his toes. “Y-you are?” he says, unable to conceal his happiness. Kyungsoo huffs and mutters something about Jongin being an idiot, but Jongin is too absorbed by excitement to let it get to him. “I'm in love with you too!”

You better ing be,” Kyungsoo says as though he already knew this. “I don't just let anyone touch my , you know.” Jongin is smiling so widely his face hurts, but he doesn't care. All he wants to do is pin Kyungsoo to the bed and kiss him until his lungs are on the verge of giving out. So that is exactly what he does.

He also makes damn sure Kyungsoo is panting when he finally lets off. “You're in love with me,” Jongin states, his lips brushing Kyungsoo's with every word. For some reason it's still difficult for him to believe that Kyungsoo really feels that way about him.

Despite his heavy breathing, Kyungsoo manages to huff. “So stupid.” He punches Jongin again but soothes it by smoothing his fingers through the messy mop of chocolate brown hair on top of Jongin's head, and Jongin can't stop smiling.

 

~*~

 

A/N: I don't know what this is, hah.
happy birthday, jongin. ♥ happy birthday, kyungsoo. ♥