Two Angels

Family

“Cho Hee! Hee Young! Our babies!” My mom and excitedly called my daughters right after we got out of the car. Then Mom carried Hee Young and Dad carried Cho Hee.

Cho Hee is currently six years old and Hee Young is turning two next month. We are currently visiting my family here in Busan then we’ll be heading over to Beijing in two weeks.

“Hey honey, can you help me lock the car and get Cho Hee’s and Hee Young’s blankets?” Luhan requested while carrying two duffel bags filled with our clothes.

“Of course honey.” I said then quickly took our daughter’s blanket and locked the car then headed together with Luhan inside.

 

Cho Hee, Hee Young, Mom and Dad made themselves comfortable in the living room. Watching cartoons and playing with their granddaughters. ‘They probably missed them so much.’ I thought. Meanwhile, Luhan and I headed towards my old room and placed the duffle bags near the closet.

Without wasting time, Luhan immediately carried me over to bed and hugged me so tight it made me giggle.

“Hey.. you tired?” I asked him and only received a hum in return. So I hugged him back and closed my eyes letting Luhan’s soft snores lull me to sleep.

 

***

It’s been one week and two days since we stayed here. It’s been memorable so far! We took my mom and dad to the spa, we took the children to play in the park where they made a lot of friends, and Luhan and I also met a lot of parents. We also visited the orphanage and donated books.

Right now, we are in the water park. My mom and dad stayed in the cottage and told us to enjoy and don’t worry about them.

I dipped my legs reaching my knees at the side of the shallow part of the pool together with Cho Hee, enjoying the view of Luhan and Hee Young playing in the water slide.

“Do you wanna play with them baby?” I asked Cho Hee

“No mommy, I’m okay. I’ll play with Hee Young later.” Cho Hee replied, probably still feeling cold by the pool’s water

“Okay. Just tell mommy hmm?” I requested her and she nodded happily in reply.

 

“Wow that was tiring.” Luhan said then slumped beside me, also dipping his legs in the water.

Cho Hee decided to play with Hee Young at the kids pool station and I’m enjoying seeing their sisters bonding time and how Cho Hee takes care of her sister and makes sure she’s okay and is not drinking the pool water.

“I guess you’re aging then Luhan. You seem to get tired playing with those two.” I teasingly said. I know that it’s the opposite based on the fact that Luhan’s spending time in the gym together with his friends here in Busan and back in Seoul.

“AAAAHHH!” I shrieked when Luhan carried me bridal style and jumped at the deep part of the pool.

I hugged his neck so tight and coughed so hard when I think I drank the whole pool water.

“Argh Luhan! What the heck is that!” I said still coughing

“Just wanted to prove to you that I’m not aging. And still manly.”

 

***

We are now back in our house. I’m carrying Hee Young and Luhan’s carrying Cho Hee. Mom and Dad went straight to their room after bidding us goodbye and kissing Hee Young and Cho Hee goodnight.

I carefully placed Hee Young in her crib and kissed her goodnight. I looked at the other side and saw Luhan placing Cho Hee in her bed making sure that she is comfortable and kissing her goodnight. I walked to the other side and also kissed her goodnight and Luhan did the same to Hee Young then we headed back to our room.

 

I was close to dozing off when I felt Luhan’s chest touching my back and him kissing my cheeks and neck.

“Hhm?” I smiled and hummed, still not opening my eyes.

“Thank you for spending time with me today ______. Thank you for being my wife, thank you for giving me those two angels and thank you for loving me.”

I turned to him, hugged him back and kissed his chin.

“Thank you for being my husband too, Luhan. Thank you for taking care of the angels, and thank you for loving me too. I love you.”

“I love you too.”