Impatient

A Chance to Life

Haiii! 
Have fun! 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Taeyeon woke up the next morning to a loud thump of a large thing, she’s not sure what it was, but it was huge. She tried to lay the sound off her head and continue with her slumber. She did, fortunately. Yet after ten minutes or so, she woke up again. This time, it’s not because of a bang or a thud, but because of two people arguing.

 

She creased her brows trying to recognize the voices. Tiffany? Yuri?

 

“Yuri, what are you doing? I’ve already put that board in front of Taeyeon!” a voice almost shouted, who Taeyeon knew was Tiffany.

 

“But this is like a conference. Everyone should see the board.” Yuri argued.

 

“But the angle, it’s not good.”

 

Taeyeon clasped her ears with both of her hands; still they have no use against the ebony head’s voice. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Yuri and Tiffany standing at both sides of a white board playing a tug of war.

 

“This should be here!” one disputed.

 

“Oh no, this should be here.”

 

The half-asleep girl couldn’t take the noise anymore that she shot her eyes wide open. She raised both her arms in the air. “Woah, woah! What’s happening here? What’s with the board?”

 

Tiffany cleared . “Since you always flip pages back and forth, why don’t you write your data on the board? Less stress.”

 

Taeyeon smiled at the other girl’s sweetness towards her. She cut glance at the tan girl. “And?”

 

“I was just fixing the angle for everyone to see.” Yuri explained.

 

“But it was better-” Tiffany continued.

 

“No it was-”

 

“Hep, hep! Stop it you two. Jeez, it’s so early.” Taeyeon stood up to reposition the white board herself. “This should do.”

 

“Uh, doctor, it’s not early anymore. It’s already twelve noon.”

 

“What?! Why didn’t you guys wake me up?” the short doctor jolted to her wash room. A couple of minutes passed and she came out of the small room. “Have you eaten yet?”

 

“Yes we did, you’re too immersed in your sleep we decided not to wake you up.” Tiffany calmly said. She took out a meal box and opened it in front of Taeyeon. “I brought you lunch.”

 

The intern took a seat near Tiffany, picked up a piece of meat from the box and jostled the piece in . “Woah, that’s one hell of a meal there. You can cook Tiffany?”

 

“That’s not for you! Bring that out!” Tiffany playfully reached for Yuri’s mouth.

 

The immature game Yuri and Tiffany were playing was interrupted by Taeyeon’s unique laugh. “What are you, kindergarten?”

 

The other two fixed themselves and beamed at each other.

 

“And no, Tiffany can’t cook. She can’t even open a can of sardines nicely.” Taeyeon added, which brought laughter to her intern.

 

“Seriously? You have to tell that?” Tiffany moped.

 

“Tiffany, you can’t take the credits for someone else’s masterpiece.” Taeyeon said. She nodded in agreement to Yuri that the pork was delicious while chewing.

 

The wooden door opened and a high pitched wail startled everyone inside the room. “It’s so freaking hot outside, I’m gonna melt!”

 

Jessica looked inside the room and the three were sharing stories and laughter.

 

Yuri tensed and just bowed her head. Only one person can do that irritating sound. Jessica only rolled her eyes.

 

Tiffany and Taeyeon sensed a strain between Yuri and Jessica. “Did they fight?” the short doctor mouthed silently. The latter could only shrug.

 

“Tiff, why did you call me?” Jessica asked coolly. Tiffany took her outside the room to talk for a while.

 

“We’re you two fighting?” asked the worried Tiffany.

 

“No, of course not.”

 

“Jessica Jung don’t you lie to me! It’s obvious.”

 

“I swear to my niece’s life! How can we fight if we don’t even talk?” Jessica grumbled.

 

Tiffany scoffed. Teenagers are even more mature than her friend. “Is this still about her not texting or calling you? I told you, you should’ve done those first!”

 

“Nope. Not gonna happen.”

 

“And here I am thinking that you might inspire her to think. A patient’s life is at stake here bratinella, so you guys better fix this.” Tiffany petulantly yanked her best friend’s arm inside the room, while faking a smile to the two dumbfounded doctors.

 

“Ah, Tiffany? You do know that you didn’t close the door?” Taeyeon gently asked.

 

“Huh?”

 

“We heard everything you said. Everything.

 

Yuri laughed on the background.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry I was just worried!” Tiffany explained herself.

 

Jessica stomped her feet towards the couch. “You are too loud, Tiff.”

 

“Okay, okay!” Taeyeon clasped her hands. “Sica, have you eaten yet?”

 

“I have, before coming here.” Jessica said, while tapping randomly on her phone’s screen, just to divert herself from looking at the tan girl.

 

“Okay. So let’s start reviewing, shall we?”

 

Tiffany abruptly stood next to the white board she and Yuri prepared a while earlier. “I’ll be you secretary. Tell me anything I need to write.” She took out a couple of board markers.

 

“You’re really prepared for this, aren’t you?” Taeyeon grinned.

 

“Okay, Margarette Harrow, 10-” Yuri started their so called case presentation. It was like studying yet again for med school. Tiffany transcribed the words that came from Yuri. “Unknown diagnosis, admitted five days ago. Doctor?” she motioned to Taeyeon, who in return nodded.

 

Taeyeon cleared . “Blood pressure’s dropping drastically while we talk right now. Temperature’s going up and up. She vomits, she’s bleeding, and her fluids are going down.” She shook her head.

 

“Anemia?” Yuri guessed.

 

“Yes, she has anaemia. It is haemolytic though.” Taeyeon added. “Her spleen is over working; add the kidneys and her liver. If we can’t get this puzzle right, her organs will fail and the child will die.”

 

“What is haemolytic?” Tiffany shyly asked.

 

“It came from the word haemolysis,” Yuri started explaining. “which means destruction of blood. In her case, her red blood cells are the target.”

 

“Red blood cells?” continued Tiffany. She scratched her head.

 

“It’s a component of blood which, yeah, they’re color red. And they are responsible for transferring oxygen and other nutrients our body needs. So-” the intern stood up, took a marker from Tiffany, she drew lines that are interconnected to each other on the board and wrote words that only Taeyeon could understand. “If these blood components are destroyed, what happens to our body organs?”

 

“They could die, right? Because you said the blood cells bring food and oxygen to them.” Tiffany stated what she comprehended from Yuri’s lecture.

 

“Excellent, Tiffany.” Yuri smiled. “You’re a good listener, unlike other people out there who do not know the word: listen.

 

Jessica, who is slumping on the sofa knew right then than Yuri’s talking about her. But she chose to act cool despite her rising annoyance at the girl.

 

“Being said that,” Yuri continued. “What we should focus on is this.” She pointed at a large question mark written at the top of her drawings. “The reason why her RBCs or the red blood cells are being destroyed. So we have to fix the unknown issue before everything gets destroyed. Everything.” She purposely increased her volume to get the blonde’s attention. Still, Jessica didn’t budge.

 

Taeyeon patted Yuri’s shoulder signalling not to do what she was doing to Jessica. The latter heaved a deep sigh and sat down to calm her self.

 

Jessica was unhappy with what’s happening. All these petty fights with Yuri are taking its toll on her. Yuri’s like a drug to her, a drug that makes her high with freaking happiness and side effects of disappointment and anger will come kicking in after some time. She really, really, really wanted to talk to Yuri and patch things up. But she couldn’t or she doesn’t want to, she’s not clear which it is. You’ve done so much for her. Your pride! Let her do things for you too.

 

Yuri on the other hand misses Jessica so much. She wants to hold those soft hands, gaze at those cold eyes but melt through hers and smell the scent that entices her in every breath. But it’s not her fault, she excused. But staying in one room, sitting just a few feet away from Jessica makes her insides lurch in anticipation. No, don’t talk to her until she does.

 

Taeyeon interrupted Yuri and Jessica’s self-musings. “So I think that’s it for today. We will continue the present treatment. I’ll just go check on Margarette.”

 

“Can I come?” Tiffany asked. The latter nodded and took her hand. “Jess, you coming with us?”

 

Jessica shook her head and went back to her phone.

 

“Yuri?”

 

“No, I’ll be checking on someone else too.” Yuri replied flatly.

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany took their way towards the ICU. It was a comfortable silence they shared. Taeyeon was still holding Tiffany’s hands. And Tiffany didn’t mind though, she even relished the moment.

 

“Thank you for that board idea, it helped a lot.” Taeyeon said, smiling from ear to ear.

 

“No problem. I said I’d help you out right?” Tiffany tightened her grip on Taeyeon, reassuring the shorter girl.

 

“After this case, can you start renovating my office?”

 

“I thought you forgot! Of course. Jessica and I decided to base here in our LA office, so yeah I’m gonna stay here for long.”

 

Taeyeon turned her head with eyes sparkling with genuine happiness. “Really?”

 

“Yes, really.” Tiffany smiled and playfully patted the latter’s cheek.

 

“Do you also think that Kwon and Jung are like high school lovers?”

 

Tiffany chuckled. “Oh, you don’t say.”

 

Taeyeon laughed as they entered ICU room. “I got a good feeling about this, about Margarette.” She paused. “Not with Yuri and Jessica.”

 

The latter hid her snicker upon seeing the family.

 

Yuri almost fell asleep because of the awkwardness of the room. She slowly repositioned herself to look at what Jessica’s doing with her phone. When she couldn’t find the right angle, she stood up silently and went behind Jessica to take a peek.

 

Jessica sensed a movement behind her and turned her head. Yuri awkwardly stooped. “My phone, I-I think I dropped it here.” Yuri mumbled while uneasily bending towards the floor. She mentally face palmed.

 

The latter rolled her eyes while hiding her mischievous grin. Lame as ever.

 

The tan girl grunted as she stood up. Not being sure of what has gotten into her, she snatched Jessica’s arm and pinned the shorty on the lime-painted wall of Taeyeon’s office. It was not like her to act assertive and all but she just couldn’t refrain herself from doing what she’s about to do.

 

Jessica was taken aback by Yuri’s behaviour. Her heart started beating so fast, breathing become ragged and her bowels are moving rapidly while Yuri’s eyes are locked on hers. “Wh-what are you doing?” she swallowed a lump of thickened saliva in .

 

“Keep quiet. They might hear us.” Yuri ally whispered as she was the closing the gap between her lips and Jessica’s.

 

The blonde’s mouth went dry. Her pupils are fully dilated, providing her a full view of Yuri’s I-want--right-here-right-now look. “Y-Yuri, I haven’t had-”

 

“Ssh. I missed your scent. And don’t you know no one has made glaring and eye rolling so damn y other than you?” Yuri Jessica’s arm down to her fingers. And then she wrapped her arms around the short girl’s waist trapping the latter within her hold. Yuri playfully sniffed Jessica’s cheek down to her jaw line down to her neck.

 

Oh my god. It was new to her; she doesn’t have any idea what to do. Unconsciously, Jessica lifted her arms and s them around the intern’s neck. She adjusted her neck for Yuri to have a full access on it.

 

They were now locked within each other’s grip, teasing, making every cell of each body excite.

 

Yuri smirked under the blonde hair that’s been covering her. She gently planted a soft wet kiss on Jessica’s collar bone. The latter cringed but didn’t let go.

 

She suddenly let go of her hold and undid Jessica’s wrapped arms around her neck. She looked at the blonde with tease written all over her face. “I have to go. I have patients to see. See you around, Jung.”

 

Yuri turned her heels and leaped towards the door, leaving the frustrated girl leaning on the wall.

 

“What the f-” Jessica let out a mouthful of air loaded with anger.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I answered your questions yo! --> ask.fm  <3