2. I Need You

Melody of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“JiEun-ah! They’re here!” My friend, Hyosung, said to me as she panted hard.

I looked at her, not quite understood what she was trying to say. We were in the basketball venue and preparing for our practice when Hyosung suddenly burst through the closed door and ran to me. Her short hair was a mess because she had run so fast to here.

“Who are ‘they’?” I asked back to her with a stress over the word ‘they’ as I didn’t get what she was talking about.

Just then, the door was banged to open by a group of boys whom had fierce looks. They entered one by one with their straight faces. My friends started whispering in fears but then something unbelievably happened. The boys started dancing in silly moves and then held up boards that became a sentence.

“I love you!” was what written on the boards. And the surprise didn’t stop there as a boy moved forward and yelled very loudly, “Would you be my girlfriend, Song JiEun?!”

I was too tired with the question that I finally dodged the question, without even bothered to look at them. I stood up, ignoring the chaos behind me and pulled my friends to play basketball. I rolled my eyes, somehow regretted what happened a week ago when I met with that annoying boy for the first time.

 

I and my friends were walking to the basketball venue, we had practice schedule for our basketball club today. I was laughing along with my friends when they suddenly stopped and whispered to each other as their eyes were looking to the spot in front of us.

I heard they whispered something about ‘the school’s discipline committee’ and it was enough to make me interested. I followed their gaze and bumped to a group of boys whom were sitting in front of the basketball venue and smoked cigarettes. They all looked up when one of the committee girls talked to them carefully.

Suddenly, one of them rose up which made the girl whom was talking to step back in surprise. I looked at him carefully; his hair was black with a little touch of brown, his lips were full and looked sensual, his eyes were fierce and narrowed, his skin was slightly dark and his nose was sharp.

I didn’t miss the smile he wore at the time too, it wasn’t a smile, and it was smirk which could kill girls on their spots because it was just cool. But well, it didn’t bother me to look at his smile because I wasn’t an ordinary girl.

Then as I was still watching him, that boy suddenly flipped the committee girl’s skirt and made her to scream in embarrassment. I watched it and suddenly I felt myself was wrapped by anger. I walked to his back and without thinking further; I pulled down his pants to his ankles.

The girls who noticed the sudden shock in the boys’ face took the advantage from the situation and ran away. They left me alone with the boy and his gang who was right behind him.

“Yah! Who are you?!” The boy yelled in mixed feelings as hurriedly pulled up his pants in front of me

“How would you feel when your underwear is revealed to people in a public place?! That’s how girls feel when boys flipped their skirts to reveal girls’ !” I didn’t let his question to bother me and I chose to explain why I did that to him.

There was a short pause as the boy eyed me with his brows twisted. I didn’t bother to listen to his gang’s rants behind him.

“Did you think of that while pulling down my pants? Didn’t you think that I will feel embarrassed too?” he finally spoke up.

I felt my cheeks heated on his question. To be honest, I didn’t even think of his feeling when I pulled down his pants. I shook my head to stop myself from blushing in front of the boy.

He stepped closer to me and lifted my chin until my eyes met with his. He gave me his smirk before started talking again.

“I can forgive you, if you become my girlfriend. Bang Yonguk’s girlfriend would suit you very well.” He said with his lips were just centimeters apart from me.

I knew he had expected a yes from me because he thought that I had intimidated enough by him, or melted down because of his handsome creature. I looked at him and he was still looking at me with his annoying smirk. I held his wrist and it made him to get a wrong imprecation. I pulled his wrist with strength that would make his bone to fracture.

“No.”

And with that, my friends followed me running into the basketball venue. A little I didn’t know was that the boy was smiling as he watched me go into the venue although his friends were trying to get me and punch me.

“But hyung! No one dared to embarrass Bang Yongguk, the leader of B.A.P!”

“Keep your emotion low, Zelo… I will make that girl mine.”

 

I still remembered that week. Even since that time, he had tried to attract my attention with doing a lot of things. I didn’t understand why he would do those stupid things for me. Like asking me to get out for lunch or things like that, it made feels sick to be honest.

I wasn’t a fans of him, so why he wouldn’t stop to chase me?

 

***

My seniors seemed to have a good gossip as they saw Yongguk and his gang inside the venue. They whispered to each other as they glanced to Yongguk. But before they could do something more than just glancing, the captain of our team shouted to us to gather.

The captain was a senior who was in the same year with Yongguk and she was very strict with the team. Especially with us whom were the juniors. Today task was even harder than yesterday as she yelled in a mean attitude that we should run around the field six times before able to hold the ball.

Yongguk, for some purpose that I didn’t even understand why, cheered for me as I ran around the field. But I thought that my captain didn’t like what he did as she punished me to do two more rounds. Damn this captain. Why she was so strict and mean toward me?!

I looked in jealousy as my seniors started playing with the ball meanwhile we, the juniors, were running around the field. How unfair! But seniors would always win, so I had to do what I was told.

When I had practiced my techniques with the seniors, I went to wash my face outside where the faucets were. My eyes caught the figure of the captain who was washing her face as well. But she looked weird though, her face was pale and she barely could stand up straight.

As I was walking closer, she gave up and almost hit the ground if I wasn’t there to help her. I shook her body but she was already unconscious. I cringed; her weight was too much for me. I couldn’t hold her for too long.

“Need some help?”

I snapped my head toward the owner of the voice. He was there, his hands were in his pockets and his eyebrows twisted in a y way. Not to mention that he was wearing that killer smirk to me. I didn’t say anything, too embarrassed to answer him when I had a lot of thoughts about something else about him.

I thought that I heard footsteps before the weight on my left body was gone. I looked to my left and found that Yongguk had lifted the captain to his back.

“Should we bring her to the school health room?” I was too dumfounded to say something at the time and he kept continuing his nags “Tch, why do I have to carry someone who has done harsh things to my JiEun?”

His words worked like a magic to me and it woke me up from my day dreaming.

“What?! I’m not YOUR JiEun!”

“You’ll be soon.” He giggled before passing through me and brought the captain go.

 I rolled my eyes with his cheesy statement but I kept following him to the health room anyway. As I saw his back when he carried the captain, I couldn’t understand why my heart suddenly beat in a weird rhythm. It felt weird because it was beating in disliking when I saw him laying the captain down on the bed and pulled on a blanket on her.

“Don’t be jealous with this, I could do a lot of better things to you when you’ve become my girlfriend.” His voice went directly to my ears and made me to look up at him with a slight of unsure and anxious feeling.

“Whatever.” I muttered.

***

 

I was walking home with Hyosung, swaying our hands together like little children. That day was totally a great day for a little walk so I asked Hyosung to accompany me back to my home. She agreed and here we were.

“Hyosung-ah, what do you think of Yongguk?” I asked, still swaying my hand with hers in synchrony.

“He’s a bad boy you know… But he has chased you for a while, he doesn’t care that you has kept rejecting him. For him, you’re his treasure…” Hyosung answered back.

I only hummed as my response as I didn’t want to fish her suspicious towards me. We kept walking until I accidentally made a conversation I didn’t want to make.

“My birthday is getting closer…” I mumbled.

“Ah! Right! Your birthday is next week right?! What do you want to get from me?” Beyond my expectation, Hyosung jumped in front of me while shaking both of my hands excitedly.

I looked at her confusedly and tried to come with a good answer but I couldn’t think anything else other than “cute things”. It wasn’t my fault right that I kept remembering those stuffs because I had seen them everywhere lately.

“Cute stuffs would be great… Don’t you think?” I playfully told Hyosung.

“You want cute stuffs?! I will buy them for you!” Hyosung jumped excitedly.

I became panic, I didn’t expect her to take it seriously. I thought she was just joking when she told me that she would give me presents.

“No, Hyosung-ah! No! I would like to get sweets from you! They all are enough!” I stopped her from her excited jumps and held her hands, trying to tell her that I wasn’t serious.

But it was a great failure of course as she giggled happily and didn’t even let me to finish my sentence. I sighed as Hyosung hurriedly went off to the bust stop where a bus was waiting for her. She stopped in front of the bus’ doors and turned her body to me.

“I WILL BUY YOU CUTE STUFFS FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY! YOU CAN’T REFUSE!” She yelled, very loudly and made some people to look at us.

I bowed down in embarrassment with what she had done but I didn’t reply to her yell and instead watching her gone into the bus. I sighed as the bus was driving further and further away.

I walked again, continuing my trip back to home when I saw a cute hairclip on a shop’s escalation. It looked cute even from a far. The color was pink and had a ribbon on it. I quickly approached the escalation and took it from its place.

With one swift movement, the hai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter