A Little Story of Chanyeol and Jinri

0-100

 

 

0

 

He met her at a party, along with a pretty girl with cold stare. She didn't attract him, but he definitely fall for the girl with cold stare. Everyone thought that she's not his type, but what is type when you're in love? He loved her; since high school, since college, and with the fact that they met at the reunion party two years after they graduated from university, he still wished he could get her back. Back to his arm, back to his life.

Jung Soojung. That's her name, the love of his life. They might not really match, because... he's a really playful person and all about joking around while she's really serious and flat, no similarity at all. But at the prom night during their high school graduation, he daringly kissed her (with a lot of thought because he never kissed a girl before) and confessed his 3 years crush over her. To his surprise, she felt the same. And after that, Chanyeol and Soojung were known as an item.

They would hang out after class and spent time together, sometimes watching a concert of an underground band or playing around the music stores. She loves music and dancing and he always love it when he saw her dancing around at the club they used to visit. Life is beautiful when she's around him. He never gets bored with her presence, because she's his love and she's his everything.

People said that love changed gradually. But Chanyeol's love for Soojung was never change because he loves her with all of his heart that when she asked for a break up on their second year, he could felt that his heart shattered and broken. To be exact, he couldn't feel anything. Because she took all of his heart and feeling and nothing's left there.

"I don't think we're a good match"

It's her reason. He tried to fight for them, their relationship, but her heart was not for him anymore. No matter how hard he tried, she wouldn't listen and not too long after that, he saw her with another guy, Oh Sehun. He hated that someone stole her heart, someone replaced his spot, but what he hated most was the way she looked at him. She's beaming a happy glance and he never saw her looked down. He couldn’t accept it though, but then he realized that if she’s happy then he should let her be. And slowly, he retreated from her sight, her life.

"Chanyeol!"

That's her first reaction when she saw him again at the reunion. And he felt an immediate happy feeling just by seeing her beautiful smile. He flashed his idiotic smile, which she acknowledged with her giggles. They're now a good friend, no hard feeling after the break up even though they rarely interact after that. No more Oh Sehun in her life, she's now free. And he was more than happy to know it. He prepared his heart to fall in love with her again, and he's ready.

But then, there's this one person kept appear during his second interaction with Soojung. Choi Jinri, the girl that he met at the reunion. A little later he learned that he was actually on the same university with her, because obviously she’s attending the university’s reunion for their batch.

Since he met her at the reunion party together with Soojung, her name was always appeared in daily basis. Jinri is Soojung’s best friend during second year of university up until now. Soojung somehow listened to her a lot and Jinri was always there to console her. Chanyeol then got used to her presence and her name. It was like he started to know more about Jinri through Soojung.

 

25

 

They're having a movie date that day (yes, he managed to get back to have a time together with Soojung) when she suddenly remembered that she needs to buy a bag of candies at the candy store because Jinri loves sweet. So he accompanied her to buy the sweets and helped Soojung chose the candies there. He then learned that Jinri also likes to eat a lot, a bit similar with him. She's not really into hip hop music but she loves the hip hop style, which he found a bit amusing because she didn't seem like someone who would like that kind of styles; but he must admit that she's looking so gorgeous when she's out with him and Soojung only with her jeans and hoodie.

And that's the first time he talked to her, only the two of them, without Soojung being the bridge over their conversation. After they hung out together, Soojung was being picked up by her sister and it's only the two of them now. She wanted to go home by herself, but Chanyeol insisted to send her back. So they're heading to her place, on his car. He's afraid that they couldn't talk actually, but that's not happening.

They could talk and he felt like they're having a lot of similarities. He started to build an interest in her and spent more and more time for her, especially when Soojung headed back to LA, resuming her work there. Yeah, Soojung lived in LA and came to Seoul just for the sake of the reunion and that fact was a bit hard to be accepted by Chanyeol, because he imagined that both of them could finally reunited as one.

"I won't be long. After my work done, I'll be back in Korea. Maybe in a year"

That wasn’t a promise and Soojung also didn’t say anything regarding their relationship to him, but Chanyeol decided to wait for her. Be it a year or more, he’ll wait for her. He has a faith in them.

And in order to get her back, Chanyeol hung out with Jinri. Because when he's with Jinri, he felt her presence and he felt like he knows more about her through Jinri. He learned that after she broke up with him and going out with Sehun, Soojung felt happy but then, Sehun betrayed her after being a couple for a year.

"She thought that maybe she's having her karma for breaking you up like that"

After Sehun, no boyfriend for Soojung. She didn't develop interest in any guy who asked her out until she finished college, even when she moved to LA. Well, there's a guy, Kim Jongin. But Jinri said, he's nowhere with Soojung. Because he's everything Soojung dislikes. And Chanyeol felt that he got a chance, they got a chance.

 

30

 

Chanyeol spent more days with Jinri. After work, he picked her up at her office and they would have a dinner together. It wasn't always Soojung that they talked about. Sometimes it was about the traffic, or the movie they watched together, or their friends at work. He ranted at her and she would gladly lend her ear. Chanyeol gradually learned about Jinri also, besides about things that Soojung told him previously about her. She also learned about him.

Jinri knew how Chanyeol could be a bit childish sometimes, like when he didn't get what he wanted. Or like when she’s a bit late to pick his phone call or when he failed to pick her right on time, because he’s still having a meeting to go for. But so far she could get over it easily and he wouldn’t mind her scold to him. Jinri also learned that his dream was actually to be a rapper, but he accepted that it's only his sloppy teenage dream.

He's working as an architect now and already forgetting the career as rapper that he pursued before. He still playing guitar or drum sometimes, at the cafe he usually visited during weekend. He introduced her to the café owner and they hung out there several times, with she watched him playing drums or guitar or just fooling around there.

And even though he said that he's not good in romance or treating girl, she could tell that he's the opposite. Chanyeol always called her first, texted her first. He would take her to the place she wanted to go. She felt it was kind of weird, because they're just friend but he treated her like she's really special. He took her to different places for breakfast or lunch or dinner, on weekdays and weekend. He always opened the door for her, whether it's the car door or the building door. He never let her walked at the outer side of the road, it'd be him. And he also never let her pay any single penny whenever they went out together.

He's also the one who knew how to tame her bad mood during her period. He'd call her, telling her a joke of funny stories that happened around him. And when she blurted out that she craved for ice cream, he could suddenly appear in front of her door with a big cup of strawberry ice cream. Jinri should not be that happy when she saw him at the end of the day or feeling all giddy and nervous whenever his name appeared at her inbox. She's not gonna lie, but she started to grow a feeling for him, but she should not; because his reason for doing that was never her, but Soojung.

She’s fully aware that she couldn’t let her guard down. Chanyeol did those things for Soojung. He wanted Jinri to help him to get her again, to make her his again. Of course, there’s no doubt that she would help him, especially when Soojung sometimes told her that there could be a possibility that they could be together again. There’s a chance for Chanyeol and Soojung. Jinri also acknowledged that what he did to her meant nothing for him. But no matter how hard she tried, the feeling meddled.

And when her feeling mixed in the process, she knew that there’ll be trouble.

 

45

 

“I’m sorry I can’t pick you up today, I have some meeting with my friends. See you tomorrow?”

And she nodded, saying things like she understood his excuse and ended the call. She missed him though, because they haven’t met like for a week. She knew, she’s weird because… why would she miss him? But she did. So she decided to go for some mall visit, maybe to buy him some things. Things like… shirt. And when she’s enjoying her time choosing shirt for him, she’s being called by a familiar woman.

“Jinri, my girl” she called her softly and she beamed a happy smile upon finding Soojung’s mom in the middle of the department store. They talked about each other news and Soojung and how Jinri should come to their home more often. She’s glad that Soojung’s mom treated her like she’s her own child and as they continued chat; it hit her on how come Soojung’s mom shopped all alone.

“No, I’m with Chanyeol”      

That’s enough for her to feel a weird feeling on her stomach after hearing his name from Soojung’s mom. So he’s here and he lied to her and all she wanted was screaming to his face… but then she realized. What’s the scream for? Was it because he lied to her or because she felt hurt because she wished he would be really in meeting currently?

He appeared not too long after that, wearing a shirt that was chosen by Soojung’s mom. And she swore she saw his eyes almost went out from its socket as soon as he saw her talked to Soojung’s mom. But refused to feel more heartache, she nodded to Soojung’s mom and bid a goodbye while he watched her back; regretting on lying to her. Because to be frank, Chanyeol was somehow felt a bit bad to tell her that he’s going out to accompany Soojung’s mom. Still, he didn’t know why he wouldn’t want Jinri to feel bad about this. But he knew that it’s wrong to lie, but then again… He stood there, while she walked out from the department store and a little later, wiped the tears formed at the corner of her eyes; which she didn’t know why appeared there.

 

60

 

She didn’t accept his calls for the next following days. No text, no call. He left clueless, not knowing where she was. He waited at her office, but he never saw her left there; not even when he waited more than 4 hours at the office and got informed that no one left at the office, 11 PM. No clue at all from her SNS. He felt like she’s cutting anything that might connect her to him and somehow, he dislikes it. It wasn’t because he couldn’t ask for her help to make him back to Soojung again. Something bothered him about her, but no, it wasn’t related with Soojung.

When he saw her again (somewhere around the café they used to visit together), he glared at her and ready to throw his tantrum to her; but all she said was that her phone was left at her friend’s car and no one realized that it was there. And she’s actually going out for a business trip in Jeju, that’s why he couldn’t see her at the office. It was all made sense to him and he accepted that, after making her promised to never leave her phone anywhere mindlessly.

Of course she lied. She retreated from him because it’s positive now, she likes him and she fell for him. And she could no longer help him with his Soojung. She still replied his texts, but never responded to his question regarding Soojung. She didn’t want to continue torturing herself by helping the guy she fell in love with to get his love again, which was not her. And after that, he stopped talking about Soojung whenever he’s with her.

Their relationship changed. Jinri would love to think that he’s finally forgotten Soojung, but he never. He’s just avoiding to talk about it with Jinri, but Soojung was never really left his mind. She occupied him, just like Jinri already predicted.  That’s why when he called her a little late that night, she didn’t really pay attention; except for his sleepy voice.

“Are you drunk?” she asked him, because she heard a sound of glass and liquid and a heavy cough.

“No. I’m not…” he mumbled. “Jinri, do you hate me?”

“You’re definitely drunk. Where are you?” she asked him, walking to her closet to take her coat and the car’s key, waiting for his answer.

“Hmm. I’m treating myself. She said… Hmm. She said th-that…” Chanyeol stopped talking, taking a deep breath. “She said…she’ll be back and I’ll be waiting for her. She should be back to me, right? But why… Why she called me and said that she’s going to be with another guy? Why she choose Kim Jongin, Jinri? Tell me!”

Jinri took a deep breath and closed her eyes. “Chanyeol, where are you? I’m going to pick you up”

No answer. Jinri called his name again, but still, no answer. It was right when she’s about to end the call, someone was heard from the other side of the call.

“Hello? Are you Park Chanyeol’s guardian? He passed out here at the bar”

And just like that, Jinri directly went to the bar that the person mentioned earlier. It was a dark and quiet bar near his office and when she found him, he was asleep like a cute puppy with his hair messy and his nose scrunch up, like he’s thinking something. Well, he was. With the help of Tao, the bartender who answered her call, she managed to bring him to his place. She went there once and he let her knew his door’s password where she visited; maybe because he knew that things like this might come.

With quite much of difficulties; his weight, his height, his long long legs, Jinri finally could lay him down at his bed. He still fell asleep and she felt relieved, because she hoped that he could at least feel at ease when he sleeps. She took off his shoes and socks; preparing a set of warm water and nap, just to clean up his face, hands, and legs. And when she’s about to cover him with the blanket, he opened his eyes and held her tiny hand.

She looked at him clueless, right when he pulled her to his lap. He looked for her eyes and he found it, the beautiful pairs of Choi Jinri’s.

“What?” she asked him in such a dreadful tone.

“Do you like me?” he asked her, looking straightly to her eyes.

She grew her eyes bigger and it hit her heart as she could felt the blood seemed to run faster in between her veins, but she of course had to be calm and acted like his words was nothing. She really wished she could run away from his eyes, but no, he held her hands firmly, letting her no escape.

“Sleep. You’re drunk” that’s her reply, all flat and straight.

“Wrong answer, Choi” he replied as he pulled her closer and placed his lips over hers.

There’s nothing happened at first. She’s closing her eyes and stayed still, with his lips stayed at hers. He’s then pressed his lips deeper and that time, Jinri could not hold any longer. She tilted her head a bit and kissed him back, feeling his lips. He slowly released his grip on her hands and held her waist closer to his body while Jinri’s hands travelled to his shoulder and later on, clutched around his neck as the kiss went deeper and deeper. After that, she couldn’t remember anything else.

When morning comes, Jinri felt like she’s having a dementia. She couldn’t really remember why she’s sleeping at an unfamiliar bed and it all smelled like guy. And she realized that she’s still on her pajama and coat. A smell of pancake batter was running around her and as she looked at the picture on the bedside table, she realized that she’s nowhere but at his place.

She walked out from his room and went directly to the kitchen where Chanyeol, looking awesome on his brown short hair and pajama pants and white loose t-shirt, making some pancakes and placed it in front of her.

“Eat this with the maple syrup and have your tea here” he said as he gave the fork for her along with a cup of coffee and sitting across her, watching.

Jinri felt confuse. What’s happening last night? But as he gave her the demanding look, she could do nothing but ate the pancake while she tried to recall things that happened the night before. And as she saw him drink his coffee she accidentally looked at his lips and she couldn’t help but chocked over the pancake. She remembered. They kissed last night.

“What’s wrong with you?” he asked as he hurriedly walked to her side and slowly patted her back, giving her a cup of water. And when she started to breathe normally, he stayed next to her. Both of them were in silent, no talking.

“I went over board last night” he said. “I should not treat you like that. I’m sorry, Jinri”

She let out a mumbled; more to because she didn’t know what to respond but she knew that it’d be the best time for him to know about her feelings towards him. But then again, Jinri had no confidence. He’s drunk because he’s hurt with the fact that Soojung cancelled her trip to Seoul because she’s supporting her boyfriend, the Kim Jongin, to do some audition for the play at Broadway. And Chanyeol was broken again because of her. No place for Jinri.

“It’d be better if fall for you, right? You like me and I was wasting you. I should be getting karma for treating you badly…”

Jinri raised one of her eyebrows. “Me? Liking you? Wh-“

Chanyeol placed his finger at her lips, making her stopped talking. “I will learn to like you, to love you” he said, a bit nervous. “Two years from now, if fate ever allowed us to meet again and both of us was still single and got no lover, let’s just get married”

Jinri should know that people should never keep a promise that they couldn’t fulfill.

But still, she listened to him. Even though she knew that he might go away, or she might lose her feeling to him, or that they even won’t be meeting each other again on the next two years. She believed him.

And somehow, she tends to keep his promise.

 

70

 

It was sometimes in the middle of Autumn when she’s going for a walk at night, just to wonder around about life and work and her parents. She’s a manager at the Finance Department now; her life is getting better and better. She moved to her own apartment now, out from her parent’s comfortable house. But as the maknae of the family, she kept being asked to get married.

“What else are you waiting for?” her mom asked her, referring to Taemin.

A very nice and decent guy, Lee Taemin, was approaching her a little after Chanyeol disappeared from her life. He’s nice and warm and cute, much match for her. And now that she’s thinking about it again, it’d be nice if she could just settle her life with a guy like him. Like Lee Taemin, who’s patiently waiting for her the past two years and liking her and loving her, like the entire girl had been dreamed of. But never her.

She should understand that when he said “If fate ever allowed us to meet again and both of us was still single and got no lover” it means that they’re really both singles by fate. And not by holding back anyone who tried to approach both of them. But all she did was building a wall and preserved her heart for him, the guy who left without any words.

Not too long after the kiss and the morning at his place, right after his stupid promise, he left and Jinri never know when, why, and where did he go. For once, she did receive a postcard from him, sometimes like six months after his departure. It didn’t say a lot, only a short “How are you?” and she couldn’t stop thinking where he was because he didn’t put any address. So she thought that he might just want to let her now that at least, he’s alive.

Jinri continued to walk, circled her body with both of her hands as she tried to warm it. She couldn’t accept Taemin, she talked to herself. No, not until the promising two years was fulfilled. She’d like to know, just out of her curiosity, whether Chanyeol will keep his promise or not. She knew she’s cheated; but she also knew that she’s gambling her life over a stupid promise. What if he left and never come back? What if he left because he’s actually wanted to avoid her because he knew already that she likes him? What if he does come back, but he’s with Soojung or any other woman? Will she accept it?

Jinri sighed. She really had no idea how she could grow this kind of feeling towards a guy she met during a university reunion. The meeting should be accidental, unplanned. And they should just stay as friend, because originally she’s tag along Soojung and Chanyeol was Soojung’s ex-boyfriend and Jinri had no spot left in between them. But why, why her feeling towards him grew more and more?

She knew that she should stop thinking about him. He’s nowhere to be contacted, she didn’t even know if he still alive or not. And the deadline of his promise is getting closer, merely a week from now. And if he ever really appeared in front of her, maybe she should start reconsidering Taemin, because she couldn’t wait for uncertain things, like Park Chanyeol.

Jinri noticed that she already walked around the road around her apartment and now it’s time for her to go back home and took a warm bath, slipped into her pajama, and finally, went to the dreamland; where she could meet him. Jinri hasn’t arrived at her place, not even taking a bath or sleep or dreaming. But she stopped her steps as she noticed a figure that was sitting at the stairs right before the entrance of her place.

The figure realized that there’s a sudden stopped step, so he looked at his left and found Jinri stood up awkwardly. She’s scared that she was being delusional or so that she just kept silent until he walked towards her and stood a few centimeters away from her, all tall and lean. His hair was now short and black and it framed his face well, his stupid smile was still there. And as he greeted her with his idiotic smile, she started to feel a bit emotional before she cried a bit and gradually getting louder.

And he couldn’t help but walking closer to her and hugged her around his arms.

“I’m here, Jinri. I’m here”

 

80   

 

Choi Jinri is known as Mrs. Park. Half year after they met each other again, they started to go out and date like couple does, and Chanyeol finally asked her to be married to him. It’s true to his words that two years after, they’re still single and got no lover; well, more to Sulli trying to protect his promise and fulfilled it. But whatever, they’re married.

But it was no fairy tale. Even when they’re now married and having their own family, Chanyeol still couldn’t let his love go away. It hurt her to see him still painfully living his wish to be with Soojung, who’s now the fiancé of Kim Jongin. She sensed it, right on the first night of their marriage.

Things went smoothly as they headed to their room as husband and wife. He’s crazily kissing her like there’s no tomorrow and she wrapped her legs around his waist while running her fingers on his hair, kissing sloppily. He placed her at the bed and continued kissing her, as he lowered her bra straps and then moved to her neck and her jaw. And as she tilted her neck to give him a better access there, he slipped a moan and a name. And it was… Soojung. She stopped moving her hands in his hair and he frozen, stopped kissing her when he realized his mistake. And after that, they never slept in the same bed, up until now.

She didn’t know what drove her crazy mind, but somehow, she believed that at the end, he will open his heart for her and they could have a normal relationship, where both the husband and wife loved each other and not just one of them trying to keep it stable. Somehow, she didn’t feel weird at all to keep him for her. Jinri fell in love deeply with Chanyeol that she didn’t care even though Chanyeol was not thinking about her but Soojung. She’s insanely in love with him, even though she’s not sure where she was in his heart.

Chanyeol learned to like and to love Jinri, but still, Soojung lingered on his mind even though he’s already married to Jinri. He knew he’s wrong, he knew he hurt Jinri, but again, his feeling for Soojung was somehow stayed in his heart. She wished that Soojung would hurt to know that he’s now married to Jinri, her best friend. But all Soojung did was smiling a happy and congratulatory face, along with Jongin at her hands. Turned out, it was him who felt hurt. 

“Maybe it was you who still don’t want to give Soojung up”

Baekhyun told him, a bit cold, when both of them talked in his office. He never knew Jinri personally but he had been a close friend of Chanyeol since they’re in junior high school, so at times like this, all he could do was consoling his stupid best friend.      

“Isn’t it love, Baek?” he mumbled, more to like asking himself.

Baekhyun shook his head. “So what do you think of Jinri’s? Wasn’t it love also?”

Chanyeol sighed. He had not yet figured his feeling for her. When he asked her to married him, well… he’s not in love with her but at least he likes her and the idea of getting married to a person that you at least like, seemed to be not bad. He must admit that he’s wrong like that. He’s hurting her badly; with the marriage, with his attitude.

“She loves you, with all of her heart and her life. And see what you did to her… It’d be even better if you could divorce her, don’t torture her any longer. You’ve been married for 5 months yet you’re acting like you’re living together with someone that’s sharing an apartment with you. Move on, Chanyeol. See what you have in front of you” Baekhyun continued, leaving Chanyeol all alone at his desk in the office.

Baekhyun was right, though. Currently, Chanyeol was in an intersection. He’s blurred, about Soojung, about his feeling for Jinri. He knew that Soojung would never be his, but he still couldn’t accept Jinri even though he had years spent with her. But his memories and feelings for Soojung were eating him up, that he forgot what Sulli already did for him. He’s blinded by his love for Soojung, while ignoring the love that Jinri offered.

Chanyeol was thinking about Jinri and Baekhyun’s words, right when his phone rang and he got a call from the house, it was the ahjumma who always help them to clean up the apartment.

“Sir, Mrs. Park won’t wake up. She’s still lying on her bed; I think it should be something bad because she totally couldn’t move her body but sweating at the bed”

And it hit him. Jinri was in danger.

“Call the ambulance now!”

And in short, Jinri was arrived in the hospital with him waiting there. Once he knew that she’s on her way to the hospital, he rushed there; driving crazily just to fetch her right on time. Never in his life had he felt a panic like this. Chanyeol couldn’t stop thinking about Jinri and her current state. After a thorough examination, the doctor called Chanyeol to discuss about her health. She’s having a high fever due to fatigue, but the doctor said that it might be a side effect from depression also, as they seemed like a weird activity found on her brain. It hit Chanyeol hard that he might be the reason of her sickness.

He watched her from the door and he found her lying with no energy on the bed as she talked with the nurse. Not too long, the nurse went out and found Chanyeol standing stupidly at the door.

“Yes?” the nurse looked at him with a weird expression.

“How is she?” he asked her.

“And… you are?” the nurse eyeing him as she never met him before.

“Oh” Chanyeol realized he hasn’t introduced himself. “I’m…” he hesitated for a while but managed to tell the nurse, “…her husband, Park Chanyeol”

After he talked to the nurse, he got the full information of her health. She’s fine with the IV being injected to her vein, giving her more energy to survive. Thank God she didn’t have to stay at the hospital, but he made sure that he’ll take care of her really well. He noted everything he need to know about her condition: the food she should eat, what should she avoid, everything. Chanyeol then slowly opened her room and found that she’s on the phone with the ahjumma. Her face looked worried as she talked to the phone.

“Ahjumma, please don’t forget to cook for the rice and soup. Remember to use my recipe for the chicken soup, okay? And Ahjumma, please also iron the clothes that I hung near my cupboard. It was for Chanyeol’s meeting tomorrow and-“

Jinri looked at her right and found Chanyeol took her phone away. “Ahjumma, please just do like you usually do, okay? And please, cleaned up the house. We are going to go home now”  

She looked at him in confused. “Why are you still here? You should be working”

“I take a day off” he replied, sitting on the bed, facing her. She noticed that he had his shirt messed up, the tie was loosened and the hem of his shirt was seen. She wondered what he did until he got that messy look. “Are you ok? How do you feel now?” he asked her.

She nodded and added a small smile. She’s happy, with his little care. “I’m fine. I think I can go home once the IV removed. Are you going to go back to the office again? I’m fine if you want to go first, I’ll just call the cab”

And that moment, all Chanyeol wanted was actually to hug her. How could he ignore this kind of woman who loves him like this? How could she so stupid to be tied in a marriage with a man who didn’t like her back and not even rant about that? They stayed at the same house but yet not really behaved like a husband and wife, with him kept looking for his old love and she patiently waiting for him. They’re stupid like that.

He hesitated a bit at first, but then he wrapped his arms around her waist and at the back of her neck. He rocked her back and forth, leaving Jinri all clueless about him.

“Chanyeol is there anything wrong?” she slowly asked him as she tapped his shoulder.

Still with her on his arms, he shook her head. He wanted to cry actually. The woman on his arms was the one he dreamed for, yet he didn’t realize it. It was just hit him that actually she’s the owner of his heart. He didn’t realize when it started but right at this moment, he couldn’t think about anyone else but Jinri. It seemed like he finally could say goodbye to Soojung and all memories left behind.

Chanyeol has fallen for her, deep deep down in love.

“I love you, Jinri. I love you”

 

50

 

Things changed the past two months. Chanyeol and Jinri talked heart to heart about their own feelings and she couldn’t content her heart when she heard the word love from him, her long time crush. No more separated room, Jinri is now officially moving to Chanyeol’s room. And after that, they filled their life with plans. One morning, right when both of them just awakened, he proposed to her a beautiful honeymoon plan to Europe, where the weather is comfortable to go for during spring and they could also take a longer time there to explore the countries.

She answered with chuckled towards his words. She questioned him how would he get a day off from his work as she knew he’s a busy bee in terms of work. Chanyeol shrugged but he said to her that he would get it for her and all she did was laughing. He smiled over her laughed and sneakily stole a kiss from her.

“You’re laughing too loud” he mumbled between kisses and continued to claim her lips, which she enjoyed.

“Maybe I should just laugh loudly next time to get a kiss like this” she replied, before cupped his face and kissed him deeper, to which he likes.

And they couldn’t stop kissing and lying again on the bed, doing another round.

 

Life has been beautiful lately for Choi Jinri and Park Chanyeol. They’re inseparable on daily basis, especially when she’s feeling bored and started driving around the city just to give him her homemade lunch at his office. He thought no one else but her and she could only think about him also. They’re pretty much a good match. And founding Jinri in his life was like founding the last puzzle to make his life complete. Chanyeol couldn’t stop thanking God to open his eyes to accept Jinri, love of his life.

He loves her and she loves him. They finally found each other like that. Through pains, tears, hurts, but finally, happiness. It may take years for them to be together but he didn’t care because they’re finally ended up as one.

It was just like another day when she’s preparing his breakfast and he would just hug her from behind, kissed her cheek casually before heading to the table. They would talk together while eating their breakfast, sharing their plan for today. But as he went to the office, she had something come up. It’s been a week since she got all her face pale and the morning sickness she knew she had. She’s afraid that she’s getting sick again but she didn’t want to worry him, so she drove to the hospital by herself.

“Congratulation for your pregnancy, Mrs. Park”

That’s all she could resume from her visit to the doctor and she couldn’t stop beaming at what the doctor said. She took her time, sitting at the bench in the hospital just to recheck the paper that the doctor gave her. She opened the envelope slowly but sure and found a big positive sign at the corner of the paper, stating her current pregnancy status. She couldn’t help but flashed a big big smile.

She couldn’t wait to tell him. She wanted to see him directly and tell that they’re going to have children. Well, she never heard that he wanted a child but she also never knew that he didn’t want it. So she called him, leaving him with a short voice mail telling him to meet with her at the restaurant near his office that they frequently visited. She drove the car excitedly as she’s heading to see him and grabbed some lunch with him while telling him the big news.

At the restaurant, Chanyeol waited for her patiently. It was just a short message that she left for him, asking him to wait at the restaurant. And he obediently followed her. He planned to have a nice lunch with her and maybe later on out for a movie night. He had never been to a movie date with her and he wondered if she would love the idea to spend the night at the cinema.

Chanyeol patiently waiting for her as he looked at his phone, looking at her picture that was lately being his phone wallpaper. He loved this kind of feeling though, all giddy and nervous and happy as waiting to see her; just like the first love experience he used to have. It’s just, he felt it for his wife; not his crush, not girlfriend.

A little he knew she was at the last intersection before the restaurant, driving her Prius while humming a love song. The light still red, so she had to pause before continued driving. She loved humming lately, because it was Chanyeol new hobby, to hum a lullaby before they went to sleep. She planned and practice a lot types of dialogue and punch line before telling him the news that she’s 5 weeks pregnant with his baby.

A little she knew he was started to feel uneasy. Because she filled his mind and he somehow had this urge to see her.  His hand started to sweat and he got all the nervous feeling that suddenly occupied him without him knowing. Chanyeol looked at the road and he found that it’s empty, not too crowded as it used to.

The light turned green and Sulli drove her car, heading to the restaurant. She spotted his car already and flashed a smile on her lips. It was just she didn’t realize that there’s another sport car in high speed heading to her direction; uncontrollably hit the side of his car. The bump was pretty hard that the only sound heard was the broken cars and siren.

A little they knew the breakfast that they shared earlier in that morning was the last time they see each other.

Jinri was never seen at the restaurant, no matter how long Chanyeol waited for her.

 

100

 

He loves her.

He loves her deeply that he couldn’t stop mourning at her funeral. His life suddenly turned dark and he barely could feel anything. Soojung came, consoling him; but Chanyeol refused to see anyone. He closed the door to his life when he learned that Jinri was found dead inside her car after the deadly car crash.

He hates the fact that he’s ignoring his feeling to call her. He thought that maybe, if he called her or just made her stopped her car for seconds, she might be safe. Their baby might be safe. And she would be staying here with him.

Chanyeol cried as the nurse found her bag, splashed with her blood, and gave it to him. There he found the news that she wanted him to know; the envelope from the hospital.

Baby.

There’s a baby there who died along with her. And he will never see both of them.

This morning, he’s still lying on the bed as he watched the ceiling. It hasn’t been a year since her dead but he knew his life was empty; meaningless. Every time he thinks of her, a warm tears flow from the corner of his eyes. He missed her; her soft hands, her cute voice, her pretty laugh, her everything.

Chanyeol lay down to his left side, looking at the empty side of the bed. She used to sleep on that area, the left side of the bed. He the pillow softly, imagining her brown wavy hair fell there as she asleep. He wouldn’t see her scrunching up her nose as she slept or she sneakily snuggled around his arm and faced his chest, breathing there while he automatically wrapped his arm around her and fell into a deep deep sleep.

Chanyeol loves Jinri; wholeheartedly.

He regretted the time he wasted to ignore her, rather than keeping her close.

He regretted how he used her only to get Soojung and never really care about her.

He regretted why when he first met her, he didn’t notice that she’s actually the home that he’s been looking for.

He regretted because he never proposed her for a proper marriage.

He regretted so many things, but thankful to God because He made him met her.

Before he fell asleep due to the tired of crying, Chanyeol prayed to God. He hoped that later on, in the next life, he would meet her again. So he could pay all his mistakes to her, so he could love her again. And when the time comes, he hopes that he could fall in love with her the way she fell for him.

Because it took miracles for two people to like each other at the same time.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi.

Meet me again.

This is the first angst from me that’s using Chanlli.

I was negative about it at first though, because… Chanlli match no angst for me. But, this was prepared for dearest Aya. I made this fiction based on her prompt and thought she shared me through twitter. And suddenly this came on my mind.

I don’t know, maybe I should rewrite it again and do some checking on grammar and logic.

If you noticed, there’s a number I put at the middle of the paragraph. It’s actually the point of the feeling that Chanyeol had for Jinri. It showed how he grew his feeling for her, and when they’re together, I put 50 instead of 100. You should know the reason if you read the foreword ;)

Hope you enjoy it.

And Aya, hope you like it :)